Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2015, 07:15 PM

329 posts, read 684,254 times

Advertisements

@RobbieNYC

You are right! Rents in Manhattan are out of control! Why would anyone move. The wait is long but well worth it.
Hopefully it's just a little bit more for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2015, 07:27 AM

Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to give you a quick update (approximate) on the waiting lists:
Studio - 372
One Bedroom - 3
Two Bedroom - 1044 (ish)
Three Bedroom - Vet List

Parking Spaces - There are only 250 parking spaces. When you submit your name you don't need to have a car but must purchase one within two weeks after being called.

Common Charges - Vary on apartment size and what floor the apartment is located. So the higher the floor the higher the common charge.

Credit Check - must be done for everyone who is over 18 and its done through a third party - Landlord Guard. I believe they also so the Home visit.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:34 AM

38 posts, read 63,173 times
Smile one bedroom list

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnycnyc View Post
The 1 bedroom is still at 3. I called yesterday. I am in the 30s so I'm keeping up to date but just like Mari I don't expect to be called until 2017.
I am on 300s, long way to go, but at least there is a hope.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:55 AM

30 posts, read 45,399 times
were you able to find out if there be any movemen on the one bedroom list soon. it has not moved from 3 in months. how much does the parking cost? how long is the list for the parking?

Old 08-30-2015, 10:15 AM

@ BronxVet

I didn't ask about the movement on the One bedroom list. I'm on the two bedroom list but it's not uncommon for to have the list on one number for months. The two bedroom list was on the same number for about 5 months last year.

I believe the parking cost is $100 a month but I'm not 100 percent sure. Once I find out I will update everyone. I was told that it takes Forever to get a spot since there are only 250 spots.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:46 AM

99 posts, read 191,616 times
The list at Tilden Towers 2 in the Williamsbridge section of the Bronx is extremely short, only 5 people waiting. Does anyone here know anything about it? Maybe there is hope to get into another Mitchell Lama building while we wait for Masaryk Towers.

Old 09-05-2015, 11:28 AM

@RobbieNYC
I'm sorry I don't anything about that property. I'm not keen on the Bronx at all.

Old 09-07-2015, 01:42 PM

21 posts, read 36,241 times
Yes parking is $100 a month - there the larger lot coming off Essex street entrance and a smaller lot coming off Columbia street (it only has about 30 spots) there is a long waiting list for parking spots - in excess of 100 names

I have a 3 bedroom on a lower floor and my charges are 1260 monthly - you receive shares in the building it is 360 shares for a 3 bedroom
That's the first I heard about charges being increased if you live on a higher floor - you have to submit a yearly financial form in March and if your salary changes your common charges can or will change

Not everyone owns their apartment - I don't understand what happened but there are people with apartments that are on section 8 and other assorted rental assistance programs. I would say its about 70% owners and 30% rentals
management is constantly putting out notices about holding people responsible for excess people living in the apartments and illegal sublets but nothing is being done.
The biggest problem is the marijuana smokers - no joke these building smell like marijuana smoke all day everyday
there is a group that hangs out in the park on the grounds that are constantly smoking and drinking and nobody says anything to them. Security is completely worthless and often hang around with the knuckle heads who they should be telling - no smoking- no drinking in the park - stop harassing women walking past them - I wonder how much they pay the security guards here because they could fire every single one and there would be no change in crime etc
If you visit during the day time - you will see at least a lieutenant, 3 sergeants and 4 officers - I guess they are expecting an invasion during the day time hours
then at night 1 sergeant and 2 or three officers who quickly become invisible

If you move in now - you CAN NOT have a dog
but people who have lived here for years have 2, 3 or even 4 dogs
its insane because they allow the people who have caused the problems (not cleaning up after the dogs, not keeping their animals on a leash etc) to have dogs but nobody else can. then you will get bombarded with clean up after your dog notices because management and security are too afraid to confront the real problems so they punish everyone.

Overall its not a bad place to live but it is far from being the community it can be.
Some of the things they need to change
1- close the rivington alley way that runs right through the property - it is an alleyway used by EVERYONE - my mother in law was almost knocked over by a bike rider in the alleyway - as he screamed MOVE at her - our excellent security guard looked at my mother and shook his head, Of course there are signs posted all over the property no bike riding allowed
in addition management has spent over 50 grand to close this alleyway already and still have not done it
2- fire the security guards, retrain and contract out the duties to a firm that will do the job - look into giving the guards peace officer status like several other properties
3- rebuild the parks in the center of the complex - there are three separate parks 2 small 1 big they are in terrible shape and highly dangerous to children

Old 09-08-2015, 03:04 PM

@Blynrodd

Thanks again for the very useful information! We appreciate it!!
There is someone who reads this thread and is in the approval process. I know that you hired someone from the Masaryk Staff can you let us know if they did good work? Would you recommend them? etc.

You mentioned that you received 360 shares for your unit. What does that mean? What is the board doing about all the things you mentioned? To be honest I'm not having my child around "weed" smoke. Is the board doing anything about these things? and How does one get on the board?

From what you described things seem a bit scary!

Old 09-08-2015, 06:02 PM

38 posts, read 63,173 times
Smile 1 bedroom waiting list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting_to_move View Post
@Blynrodd

Thanks again for the very useful information! We appreciate it!!
There is someone who reads this thread and is in the approval process. I know that you hired someone from the Masaryk Staff can you let us know if they did good work? Would you recommend them? etc.

You mentioned that you received 360 shares for your unit. What does that mean? What is the board doing about all the things you mentioned? To be honest I'm not having my child around "weed" smoke. Is the board doing anything about these things? and How does one get on the board?

From what you described things seem a bit scary!
as i called today, the one bedroom list is still in 3, I asked them how many people ahead of me, because i am in 300s, I didn't get an answer, but the best way is to stop by office and check the list, i think.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery