Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2016, 09:43 PM

79 posts, read 120,521 times

Advertisements

so in other words, the 45 application below Jerryg2007 either did not complete their application or sent in the $200 fee? Thanks for the clarification Wanting_to_move. now I have a little hope. I thought I would check into the cemetery before I can check into Masaryk Tower. lol.... Once again. your clarification is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 01:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,408 times
thanks for all comments i've read so far on this blog. I'm number 13 on one-bedroom list and recently got a call from office. I'm quite excited, nervous and scared as I don't know what to expect. I'm familiar with area and know some of the issues related to environment. I nervous as to the state of the apartment. Is it big/small. Will I have to redo everything? How much is monthly maintenance fee, despite cheap rent; will it equal out my current rent which is 1300 for one-bedroom. I'm sorry i jut discovered this blog.

Old 07-01-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryg2007 View Post
Thanks "Wanting-To-Move" for this clarification!!!
I meant what you wrote: that although I am #110 on original list, they told me that there are about 65 people ahead of me. They were calling for #12 at that time when I have called. They are not up to #45 on the One Bedroom wait list.
It's better that anyone who is on the wait list call them for more detail updates as to where you stand on the list.

Jerryg2007, How do you know exactly that there are about 65 people ahead of you? so approximately with this rate, 12 apartments per year, you'll be able to move in around 5 to 6 years time frame. or earlier, let hope.

Old 07-01-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrchwrkr13 View Post
thanks for all comments i've read so far on this blog. I'm number 13 on one-bedroom list and recently got a call from office. I'm quite excited, nervous and scared as I don't know what to expect. I'm familiar with area and know some of the issues related to environment. I nervous as to the state of the apartment. Is it big/small. Will I have to redo everything? How much is monthly maintenance fee, despite cheap rent; will it equal out my current rent which is 1300 for one-bedroom. I'm sorry i jut discovered this blog.
a BIG congratulation to you. very exciting to you and your family. from my understanding the one bedroom should not be more than $800 per month. keep us posted on your progress.

JerryG2007, now there are only 64 people ahead of you.

Congratulation to all!

Old 07-01-2016, 02:33 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,034,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outrchwrkr13 View Post
Congrats! Exciting, isn't it? Is #13 your original log number, or was it your place on the current list (as posted in their office)?

I think whether you need to do redo things depends on the previous tenant(s) and the work they did. Maintenance=rent, which should be in the $800s, it varies a bit from apartment to apartment. That is what you will pay monthly total (besides the initial equity payment of around $8,000).

Old 07-01-2016, 02:49 PM

329 posts, read 682,464 times
Congrats! You do not need to do every thing you will get a working Kitchen. You will need to supply your own fridge and stove. Now the real is can you live with really old cabinet (in my case the tenant was there over 40 years. ) You may get better cabinets the bathroom mind is working fine it just looks outdated. You can not be at the price. I can't stress that enough. Overall is an amazing investment even through there are things that need to be addressed.

Hope that was helpful and sorry you find us earlier.

Old 07-03-2016, 01:33 PM

29 posts, read 86,395 times
Unhappy Unbelievable

My mother in law lives in Masaryk Towers. I've never been there but I'm going later this week. She's a New Yorker through and through. However it never ceases to amaze me how New Yorkers keep taking it up the culito with these housing prices but are quick to proclaim how great their city is. I used to hear them all the time when I lived in Atlanta. Why move then? Seems to me all the rich and greedy are pushing the poor and middle class right off that island. They'll be in Newark within 10 years.

Old 07-03-2016, 03:17 PM

BDuby,

I would say a REAL New Yorker wouldn't move out. But that's just me.

Old 07-03-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting_to_move View Post
Hello WSNY,

I posted the following October of 2011
"Masaryk Towers 2 Bed Room List Number
Just wanted to share with everyone that the waiting list for Masaryk Towers 2 Bedroom apartment is up to 120! My number is 1650 I guess I have a long long time to wait "

Back in October the list for a 2 Bedroom was 120 and I'm 1650!!!

I hope that gives and idea. Do you mind if I ask your application number?
Hello Wanting_to_move.

just reading your past a while back. 4 years is not a bad wait for two bedroom. it moved very quickly from 120 t0 1650.

now you have move in. can you find out from the management and tell us the exact number of units per studio, one bedroom so that we can somewhat figure out how long is the wait. greatly appreciate if you can get the info. have tried checking online but no stats number of studios and one bedroom.

any help and info is greatly appreciated.

Happy July 4th!!!

Old 07-03-2016, 04:44 PM

Hi Daniel,

Just to clarify - the numbers DID Not go from 120 to 1650 - My number back then was 120 in October and my number was actually 1150ish.

I was on the waiting list since 2010 my wait was about 6 years.

We have no idea how many apartments of each kind there are. I can tell you that there are far more 2 bedrooms then 3 bedrooms. not sure on the studio and 1 Bedroom. There are 11 apartment on my floor and there are 21 floors. in my building.

Good Luck on your wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery