Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2017, 09:39 AM

9 posts, read 15,883 times

Advertisements

Congratulations know more!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2017, 10:34 AM

6 posts, read 11,625 times
Congratulations @MovingDowntownSoon and thank you.
I am lucky in a sense that my cabinets and floor are still good and I can live with it.
The bathrooms are horrible and is in the process of changing everything except for the tiles . ( too daunting a job )
The rooms I painted myself ( not a great job ).
I am having the handyman do the bathrooms and rewiring all the bedrooms to have ceiling lights.
The rest will be done when moved in.
Like Bklynrodd stated the place is nice, neighbors so far I met are all friendly.

Old 09-18-2017, 04:07 PM

9 posts, read 15,883 times
Can anyone assist? What internet providers are available at Masaryk Towers -- any recommendations as to package? I need basic internet and maybe cable but on fence on that. Many thanks in advance!

Old 09-19-2017, 10:48 AM

1,409 posts, read 2,036,595 times
Anybody know off hand where the list is at for one bedroom apartments? I keep checking Mitchell Lama Connect, but the 1 and 3 bedroom list numbers don't seem to be updated like the studios and 2 bedroom apartments for some reason.

Old 09-19-2017, 11:47 AM

87 posts, read 119,982 times
I went to the office in April and they've created all new lists. The original log numbers are gone and no one has a number. My original log number was in the mid 100s and I was told in August 2014 that after all the applications were submitted, there were 73 people ahead of me. This April, I counted 62 names ahead of me and even though the online list was at number 25 for 1-bedrooms, the woman in the office said they were at number 27. I went back to the office last month (August 2017) and there were 84 people ahead of me (22 more than in April). I have no idea why more names have appeared in front of mine (it looks like they inserted an entire new page of names). This might be a mistake, but there's no way to tell since no one has a number and I didn't see numbers on the pages either. I asked the woman and she said something about internal lists, but they're posted too and even in April, it looked like there were no names on the internal list for 1-bedrooms. As of August 2017, she said that the 1-bedroom list is still at number 27 and that only about one 1-bedroom becomes available each year. It doesn't seem promising at all.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:44 AM

16 posts, read 32,153 times
@MovingDowntownSoon,

I have a question for you from the time you received your keys until you actually moved in that was your choice/necessity ? You can move in later after you have your keys? They don't give you any problems? My lease is coming to a end next year and I'm just wondering what to do. I'm close but don't know if the numbers will it stagnate again and will not be still this coming year for me.

@MiaNow, how did they explain to you about the new numbers ahead of your number? and if there's no numbers how do we know? I've been waiting for a 2 bedroom since 2010 and I think i have maybe 150 people in front of me... it all depends who's still waiting and qualify since 2010. In the very beginning I used to call once a year and the first two years they told me my wait was suppose to be 2 to 3 years... after that i just gave up and didn't even bothered to call. Just started to come to city data for all the information. Eventually I would call every other six months and posted here.

Throughout since 2010 I think for the 2 bedroom it can go fast like 300 numbers a year or 100 numbers a year or 50, huge variation ... This year in April I believe it was around 1200 in April and by August already 1500's .

April is the month that more news come about where are you in the list I guess because of taxes status and such.
Within our own list there's also the internal list so maybe 22 more people from the studio apartments requested 1 bedroom apartments and maybe the 1 bedroom apartments are requesting 2 bedroom apartments so the numbers can change unfortunately for us. Since 2010 I have been asking who's still waiting for a 2 bedroom apartment and never had any luck with anyone except Wanting to move. What is surprising to me is how fast the tree bedroom apartments are moving. I never aspected already 60 or 70 on the list. Who leaves this apartments? lol

Who's still waiting for the 2bedroom? My number is the mid/end of 1600's.
Have a good day everyone.

Old 09-20-2017, 03:45 PM

87 posts, read 119,982 times
@NewYorkNewYork99 You have to count how many people are ahead of you. And if you call, that's what the person who answers the phone will do. I didn't try to pin them down as to why the list seems to be moving in the wrong direction. I just mentioned that there were less people ahead of me when I checked in April, and she said something about how they call people over and over again when an apartment becomes available and that only about one 1-bedroom becomes available each year. But in April, when I told her that there were 62 names ahead of me, she said I would probably get called in 1-2 years. So that makes no sense. In hindsight, I wish I had taken pictures of the list every time I stopped by.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:57 AM

1,409 posts, read 2,036,595 times
Thanks for the update! That sounds weird, ergh, figures there could be some funny business going on with the list I'm on. I am going to have to go by the office to check this out myself.

Old 09-27-2017, 07:36 PM

9 posts, read 16,891 times
Default Cable providers

I used rcn for cable they give the best bang for the buck,also there is a facebook page to look at and of join so you can read more of the scuttlebutt.

Old 09-29-2017, 10:03 PM

79 posts, read 120,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaNow View Post
@NewYorkNewYork99 You have to count how many people are ahead of you. And if you call, that's what the person who answers the phone will do. I didn't try to pin them down as to why the list seems to be moving in the wrong direction. I just mentioned that there were less people ahead of me when I checked in April, and she said something about how they call people over and over again when an apartment becomes available and that only about one 1-bedroom becomes available each year. But in April, when I told her that there were 62 names ahead of me, she said I would probably get called in 1-2 years. So that makes no sense. In hindsight, I wish I had taken pictures of the list every time I stopped by.
Can you take picture of the list and share on the board? is that possible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery