Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 09:39 PM

18 posts, read 75,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Kings County is one of the leading hospitals in the country when it comes to proffesional treatment of gunshot wounds. The doctors and nurses has been educated in warzones around the world.

Is Kings County Medical Center located in Flatbush?
Nope, Crown Heights. Actually, the area of Crown Heights its in is one of the better. But I assume they get a lot of traffic from Brownsville, which is basically next door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 09:54 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,250,384 times
yea, probably a lot of victims from Brownsville.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:59 PM

267 posts, read 1,033,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromspanishharlem View Post
Spanish Harlem (aka West Harlem, aka Mornigside Heights, Washington Heights). Unless you are Dominican or Puerto Rican.
Spanish Harlem (aka El Barrio) is East Harlem not West Harlem.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:00 PM

4,419 posts, read 5,152,830 times
These worst neighborhood threads and all subsequent reincarnations are always so convaluted and difficult to decifer any direct response to the original question.

Brownsville is #1 period.

Morrisania is #2.

ENY is #3

University Heights #4

Tremont #5

Old 02-09-2011, 11:06 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,409,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
I think South Jamaica is far worse than Far Rockaway.
depends on the parts.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Your talking about wakefield and williamsbridge section. Those two neighborhoods are similar to cambria heights queens and canarsie brooklyn, middle class and a high rate of crime particulry gun play. I met a girl who recently moved out of williambridge, to :eek mott haven. Williamsbridge it was too far from manhattan lots of crime going on whiteplains road. I told her Mott haven aint any better but she rather mott haven due to proximity and transportation options.
cambria heights does not have a high rate of crime.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angedemusique View Post
Nope, Crown Heights. Actually, the area of Crown Heights its in is one of the better. But I assume they get a lot of traffic from Brownsville, which is basically next door.
um no the hospital is lcoated in east flatbush. where do you get crown heights from?

Old 02-09-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
yea, probably a lot of victims from Brownsville.
kings county is located in east flatbush(not crown heights), and i do know a lot of brownsville gun shot victims go to brookdale. i remember reading about a article in 2003 saying brookdale had the most gunshot wound victims in the nation.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:10 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,496 times
I think you're right, I think it was that one that I got mixed up with... either way kings county and brookdale receive some of the highest numbers of gunshot victims in the country and they are able to change alot of those murders into recovering gun shot victims...

this is why it is shocking to me how many people talk about NYC and areas like Brownsville as if they know what they're talking about, when they haven't ever stepped foot in those hoods...

Old 02-10-2011, 12:33 AM

172 posts, read 590,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
@ Dewdrop149 you are clearly getting confused with some other neighborhood in Brooklyn rather than Brownsville... thats the place that has 18 projects in 1sq. mile... thats the place that for the last 80 years going back to Murder Inc and has never stopped, leading the statistics in crime categories... that is the place that people talk about as the forgotten hood... a location that getting guns is like getting candy... and that's the place that I lived right next to for the majority of my life and still visit the family every now and then, and which hasn't changed at all since the 90s... the only thing that has changed is the medical treatment and the effort put in place in the two hospitals near that hood to treat gun wounds seeing as how Kings County receives the most gunshots victims in the country...
I think it would be silly to say that it hasn't changed since the 90's for the better....

Http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...rooklyn&st=cse

However I see your point.... I was just saying that brownsville is not the hopeless hellhole that people make it out to be....brownsville has nice blocks too...and although the crime rate appears high, it isn't the desolate warzone that it was 20 years ago. Nycha housing alone doesn't intimidate me and hasn't stopped growth in other parts of the city like the Bronx and east Harlem. If there was a mall or decent retail on pitkin ave that would make the area more appealing and also give jobs to people in the area. I don't even live there( however I creep on dumont ave on many late nights) and I just don't think its as bad as people make it out to be.... i'd live there before is live in other parts of the city like coney island, wakefield, Jamaica or far rock. Just my 2 cents.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City