Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 02:20 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times

Advertisements

There are plenty of folks who just sit quietly, feet together. Just reading a book or listening to music. Not all behave in a poor manner. I see folks who give up their seat, and still have common sense and respect for others.It's not just you in the well behaved rider category. The fools tend to give public transport a bad name. As we have so many people in this city it's very common they stand out as the more people, The more you will see poor behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 02:37 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,250,362 times
Another one I see more and more these days are people who play their music on speaker for everyone to enjoy. Ohh how thoughtful of you.

Old 10-20-2011, 02:53 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Another one I see more and more these days are people who play their music on speaker for everyone to enjoy. Ohh how thoughtful of you.
And then you get the ones that sing along to boot sometimes. This is of course after they finish doing pull-ups on the support bar .

Old 10-20-2011, 02:56 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,564,763 times
grigou, I suppose you're self-impressed with your facetiousness, but most crowded cities work well because most people know how not be a jerk. The ignorant jerks stand out, as I am sure you are unaware.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:43 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,089,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artzilla View Post
^^^^THIS. I think most guys ***way*** overestimate the size of their sack. Their is no reason to have a half of foot of space between your knees when you are sitting on a subway seat. That really pisses me off.

A half foot? You're lucky.
I keep getting stuck trying to get the last seat next to the guy, always black, who leaves 2 FEET between his knees.

He leaves room for all the "guys" in the hood to wave free and he takes up 3 seats.

They sometimes make believe they are dozing but only as the train pulls into a new station.

How about the woman with 4 kids none of whom have paid a fare taking up 5 seats?

Old 10-20-2011, 03:46 PM

One that hasn't been mentioned but annoys me so much are people who wait to the last moment to get off. These are the type that will then bit** and moan about how you are not letting them get off. Work your way out before your stop comes up dumb a**!!!!

Old 10-20-2011, 03:47 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,581,980 times
Quote:
One that hasn't been mentioned but annoys me so much are people who wait to the last moment to get off. These are the type that will then bit** and moan about how you are not letting them get off. Work your way out before your stop comes up dumb a**!!!!
I saw a woman once who couldn't decide if it was her stop or not, stepping out then in then out then back it. Then the doors closed on her. It was hilarious!

Old 10-20-2011, 03:52 PM

650 posts, read 1,812,500 times
Here's my pet peeves:

-Fat person trying to fit into a much smaller seat. Just because there's technically a seat there, doesn't mean the width available will fit the width of your butt!
-Sitting next to children. They just move around too much and kick my pants.
-Completely against people giving up their seats to a child. For one thing, they are full of energy and should be standing. Plus, they probably didn't even pay for the ride. So annoying when people give their seats for kids.
-Hate when I enter a train and there are no pretty women to stare at. Makes my ride boring.
-One time a wacko snotted mucus on my pants. I was about to get up and confront the guy when he started biting his own hands. Probably would have been a lost cause to assault a wack job. But I sure felt disgusted.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudetypist View Post
Here's my pet peeves:

-Fat person trying to fit into a much smaller seat. Just because there's technically a seat there, doesn't mean the width available will fit the width of your butt!
-Sitting next to children. They just move around too much and kick my pants.
-Completely against people giving up their seats to a child. For one thing, they are full of energy and should be standing. Plus, they probably didn't even pay for the ride. So annoying when people give their seats for kids.
-Hate when I enter a train and there are no pretty women to stare at. Makes my ride boring.
-One time a wacko snotted mucus on my pants. I was about to get up and confront the guy when he started biting his own hands. Probably would have been a lost cause to assault a wack job. But I sure felt disgusted.
Yeah I don't really like giving up seats to kids either. I understand its partially to keep them under control but I think it also spoils them which frankly people do too much these days. This is how you end up with teens who don't even look around before they take a seat.

Speaking of giving up seats, what about the older person usually an older man who will refuse and refuse to be given a seat. As if to say you must be making a mistake, I am a young able bodied man. This always gives me a chuckle. Take the seat old timer!!!

Last edited by NooYowkur81; 10-20-2011 at 04:10 PM..

Old 10-20-2011, 04:01 PM

168 posts, read 523,654 times
Quote:
Actually, the reverse can be pretty annoying too. Those who think that they are the ONLY one getting off a stop and decide to wiggle there way to the door. Especially in a crowded train at a MAJOR stop (e.g. 34th, 42nd and Rock Center).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City