Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2011, 09:31 AM

1,090 posts, read 3,167,846 times

Advertisements

I can't stand lard cows that take up 2 seats. They need to stand their fat behinds up. It's disgusting.

I also can't stand how they block the entire doorway/train walking area.

If you're that fat, it's time to make a change..or at least be considerate because you're such a huge tub of lard. You'd think they would be.

Nope...there may just be a middle seat left that's literally the size of one of their ass cheeks and you can bet they WILL sit on you just to get on that seat.

Someone needs to remind them that standing burns more calories

Signed,

A slightly chubby/overweight girl who has enough sense not to sit on people or block the damn walkways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 10:45 AM

1,090 posts, read 3,167,846 times
I understand guys need to let their *boys* breathe, but far too many spread eagle like they're trying to hold together two basketballs down there.

I become disgruntled and push my butt around in my seat to act as though I'm 300 pounds and need more room. It almost always work and the guy closes his legs up a bit.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:53 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Sorry to hear that man but in all honesty what you're describing is something that happens all the time on the L train in the morning... Myrtle Wyckoff, Dekalb, Jefferson St, Grand St, Bedford Ave... I don't know if you've ever seen one of the chinese/japanese train stations on youtube or in the news... Basically most mornings taking the L train resemble that scene... This also comes without the calmness you see in the video...

Beijing Olympics - Train Pushing - YouTube
Been on the L during this time. Beyond uncomfortable. The seconds cannot tick fast enough!

Fortunately I'm on the subway at 6:00 AM for work, and return far after rush hour. Though i sometimes get caught in the crowds on my days off if traveling.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:07 PM

791 posts, read 1,433,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
The ghetto guy who listens to rap music out loud on his cell phone and raps along to the lyrics.
Man...one time, I'm on the bus and this guy is "rapping" this really NASTY "rap" involving...um, can't even describe it, I'd be edited out of existence.

There's this really nice African American LADY (one does not use the word lightly) sitting there listening to all this - she's wearing her Sunday best, likely on her way back from church.

Of course, if I say anything I'm likely to get my teeth rearranged...but I felt like saying: Young man...can't you have a little respect?

Old 10-24-2011, 05:36 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve View Post
Man...one time, I'm on the bus and this guy is "rapping" this really NASTY "rap" involving...um, can't even describe it, I'd be edited out of existence.

There's this really nice African American LADY (one does not use the word lightly) sitting there listening to all this - she's wearing her Sunday best, likely on her way back from church.

Of course, if I say anything I'm likely to get my teeth rearranged...but I felt like saying: Young man...can't you have a little respect?
Ugh. These ipod/walkman/whatever singers need to lessons in etiquette. They should save the performance for karaoke nights, or X factor. Let Simon and his bizarre haircut deal with them!

Old 10-24-2011, 06:13 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,241,325 times
I know school is back in session but the trains coming out of the bx have been especially crowded as of late. Ive noticed the D For instance is much more crowded compared to this time last year. What is the deal? Ohh Fred!!!

Old 10-24-2011, 06:15 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,241,325 times
I know its subjective but usually the loud music players/singers have the worst taste in music!!

Old 10-24-2011, 07:17 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,676,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
This morning the downtown 4 Train from Bedford Park the Bronx to Fulton Street Manhattan was horrible and I need to vent in this appropriate thread.

The train began to be packed as soon as Bedford Park which is only the third station on the way downtown. By the Tremont stations, it got even more crowded to the point where people at the station were not able to fit into the subway.

One person near the door threatened a person trying to come in saying “If you come in and get closer I will deck (punch) you” He said it three times. The other people in the subway car watched in horror and couldn’t believe this was happening and how the subway was already this crowded at just Tremont.

One woman was talking to herself saying how much she hates being on subways and she started to cry. She was sitting right next to me.

By 161st station, the person that threatened to punch someone got off the subway but it was still very crowded.

At 148th st, one woman started to argue with another woman saying “do not touch me” and said it three times in an angry hysterical way. She even pushed the other person a bit while saying it.

By 125th st, the subway driver said the 4 train was going to stop on all local stops and go extra slowly because of train traffic.

Every station from 125th to 14th st. it was so crowded almost nobody at the stations were able to fit in, people were pushing each other to get in and out of the subway, some people screamed at each other. That screaming and arguing happened at least 5 times.

By 59th st, I saw 5 people starting to cry with tears coming out of their eyes. (They were crying in a subtle way but still).

It took 45 minutes to go between 125th st and 14th st. and with this congestion I have almost never seen before.

Thank goodness the subway system in New York City is usually much better than what I experienced today. I don’t know why it was so epically bad today. This is the 3rd worst subway ride I had here in my recorded history of 20 years.

Either way, this is a horrible way to start the week and Monday morning.
That's the 3rd worst subway ride you've had?? How bad were #1 and #2? I don't think I would have made it through that alive.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:20 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,676,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Sorry to hear that man but in all honesty what you're describing is something that happens all the time on the L train in the morning... Myrtle Wyckoff, Dekalb, Jefferson St, Grand St, Bedford Ave... I don't know if you've ever seen one of the chinese/japanese train stations on youtube or in the news... Basically most mornings taking the L train resemble that scene... This also comes without the calmness you see in the video...

Beijing Olympics - Train Pushing - YouTube

Something similar happened to me on a subway car in Seoul, South Korea. I got to know a couple of complete strangers from the other side of the planet way too intimately.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:03 PM

1,494 posts, read 2,721,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingCherry View Post
I understand guys need to let their *boys* breathe, but far too many spread eagle like they're trying to hold together two basketballs down there.

I become disgruntled and push my butt around in my seat to act as though I'm 300 pounds and need more room. It almost always work and the guy closes his legs up a bit.

Elephantitus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City