Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2012, 11:57 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,410,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
And the crime rate for the 61st precinct has skyrocketed this year... Not exactly predominantly black...
funny thing about the 61st precinct is that so far at this time last year it had 9 murders while the whole crown heights only had 10. interesting.

btw i live in midwood the 61st precent isnt really that far from me. But that precent is no stranger to crime, and the only section of that police station that is black and latino are the sheepshead bay projects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 12:13 AM

91 posts, read 152,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
well i stated that their not as bad as black/hispanic ghettos. but their their are a few black middle class areas that have a better rep.

for example cambria heights has a way better reputation then brighton beach.
Agreed. I have a friend who lives in Cambria Heights. It is a very nice neighborhood. The fact that it's predominantly black should not hurt it's reputation at all.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:26 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,809,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
funny thing about the 61st precinct is that so far at this time last year it had 9 murders while the whole crown heights only had 10. interesting.

btw i live in midwood the 61st precent isnt really that far from me. But that precent is no stranger to crime, and the only section of that police station that is black and latino are the sheepshead bay projects.
Yup... The reason why it had such a high murder rate last year was due to a crazy white guy who killed 4 people within a span of 24 hours. And then there was also double homicide, a white guy killed two family members though I can't remember what was the situation... But the murder rate last year was the highest it's ever been majority of those cases were white on white crimes... I'm sick and tired of hearing that blacks and hispanics are animals that don't know how to live...

The only two types of people that cause problems in this country are the broke and desperate or the lazy and uneducated... And these comes in all shapes, colors and sizes...

Old 08-23-2012, 01:31 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,809,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCastaway View Post
Agreed. I have a friend who lives in Cambria Heights. It is a very nice neighborhood. The fact that it's predominantly black should not hurt it's reputation at all.
Cambria Heights, St. Albans, Jamaica Estates, Laurelton, and even parts of Springfielf Gardens and Rosedale are good to great areas that either have significant black populations or are majority black... The isolated events that sometimes involve gunplay in these areas are no different than other random cases in working middle class white areas but since the area is majority black as opposed to majority white, it gets extra attention...

Old 08-23-2012, 02:02 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,050,733 times
Random, but

Worst in their prime, Brownsville or South Fordham?

Old 08-23-2012, 04:26 PM

811 posts, read 550,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
^ white people aren't hungry, so what
reason do they have to be violent
unless it's for liberty for themselves
or their allies?

poverty breeds crime, ignorance and
violence; no better way to explain it.

since it is all a form of weakness,
that is why the poor tend to prey
on each other more than anyone
else.
It's not about "hunger" these days. Let's be honest, you really think your local teenage gangbanger shooting into a park is doing because he's hungry and can't afford to survive? Sure someone might mug to get money for food but all of the shootouts and killings are mostly over stupid nonsnse. I heard a story a while back in brownsville a girl was randomly stabbed in the neck on the street, people like this are just wastes in the should-have-been-aborted category. Back then sure a lot people sold crack and stuff because they were actually struggling to survive, but today it's not really like that.

Like someone else said, it's just the ghetto culture. Wanting to be tough, show off to your male peers because you feel have nothing to live for.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:25 PM

675 posts, read 1,256,610 times
Quote:
Cambria Heights, St. Albans, Jamaica Estates, Laurelton, and even parts of Springfielf Gardens and Rosedale are good to great areas that either have significant black populations or are majority black... The isolated events that sometimes involve gunplay in these areas are no different than other random cases in working middle class white areas but since the area is majority black as opposed to majority white, it gets extra attention...
Agree

Old 08-23-2012, 07:10 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,828,128 times
Quote:
Yup... The reason why it had such a high murder rate last year was due to a crazy white guy who killed 4 people within a span of 24 hours. And then there was also double homicide, a white guy killed two family members though I can't remember what was the situation... But the murder rate last year was the highest it's ever been majority of those cases were white on white crimes... I'm sick and tired of hearing that blacks and hispanics are animals that don't know how to live...

The only two types of people that cause problems in this country are the broke and desperate or the lazy and uneducated... And these comes in all shapes, colors and sizes...
Actually people who are really really smart get so crazy they start to go crazy like the guy in Colorado who killed 40 people at the movie theater.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:26 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,578,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
It's not about "hunger" these days. Let's be honest, you really think your local teenage gangbanger shooting into a park is doing because he's hungry and can't afford to survive? Sure someone might mug to get money for food but all of the shootouts and killings are mostly over stupid nonsnse. I heard a story a while back in brownsville a girl was randomly stabbed in the neck on the street, people like this are just wastes in the should-have-been-aborted category. Back then sure a lot people sold crack and stuff because they were actually struggling to survive, but today it's not really like that.

Like someone else said, it's just the ghetto culture. Wanting to be tough, show off to your male peers because you feel have nothing to live for.
I agree. If these young savages can afford to buy a $250 pair of Jordans everytime they come out, then they can afford to eat. All the shootings and killings in Brownsville that has happened this summer were all nonsense shootings. To top it off, most of those shot were children and teens. Just a few weeks ago a man opened fire on a crowd of people taking shelter from the rain under a store awning. I call them savages because any person who can shoot randomly at innocent people and especially children is a savage.

Just yesterday another 13yr old child shot and killed in Brownsville!

Last edited by louie0406; 08-24-2012 at 07:38 AM..

Old 08-24-2012, 08:30 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I agree. If these young savages can afford to buy a $250 pair of Jordans everytime they come out, then they can afford to eat. All the shootings and killings in Brownsville that has happened this summer were all nonsense shootings. To top it off, most of those shot were children and teens. Just a few weeks ago a man opened fire on a crowd of people taking shelter from the rain under a store awning. I call them savages because any person who can shoot randomly at innocent people and especially children is a savage.

Just yesterday another 13yr old child shot and killed in Brownsville!
Not a savage. A person with a personality disorder, which is the current name for a psychopath. No conscience and little else worth engaging. Children and adolescents with what are termed "conduct disorders" are being studied carefully because personality disorders are only diagnosable when it is, basically, too late to intervene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City