Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 02:56 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,541,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
Pardon me while I call your post a crock of sh*t. Everyone wants to hide behind some lame excuse to justify the fact their kid is feral little a$$hat and their crappy parenting is the reason.

Let's change the color to white, would the reasoning that the parent(s) work 2 jobs and are "scared" of their children pass the test?
When you learn whats going on then we can chat. You do not so I will ignore you.

Whites live in very different social environments...though this might change in many of these small towns where meth is becoming a problem and decent paying jobs are going away.

Your remarks indicate that you have no ideea whats going onb and I am sure you are too arrogant to learn.

Yes many parents ARE afraid of their kids, the cops and the very environment within which they live, due to their poverty.

I will tell you this though. Hasidic Jews read their Talmud all day and live off your taxes. To the credit of these people they do not as the notion of depending on welfare is alien to them. So they have two jobs and are not at home.

Also understand this. In the early 1900s many immigrants from EUROPE faced the same dilemmas in working long hours, didnt understand and were scared of their kids, and lacked the ability to navigate through the social services system, which often hindered their attempts at disciplining their kids w/o offering an alternative.

So quit your racist pretense that when faced with similar problems whites didnt also have similar challenges. I am fully aware of who lived in Hells Kitchen up to two or three generations ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 03:17 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,931,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Whites live in very different social environments...though this might change in many of these small towns where meth is becoming a problem and decent paying jobs are going away.
Exactly. And that is happening.
Meth is not becoming a problem - it is a problem, and a growing one.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:47 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
These are Caribbean parents too busy working two jobs to pay the rent, or the mortgage. They get home, grouchy and have no interest in what the kids have to say. In adddition their US raised kids are strangers to them and when they tried Caribbean style discipline (some strokes on the back side), do- gooders told them that a "time out" is better. Indeed some of these parents are probably afraid of their kids and the lawyers and social workers who will listen to their lies.

Having said that the police need to expand a program thatthey have in ENY where they target gangbangers and other trouble makers, letting them know that they are being watched. Less troublesome kids them keep away from these bad ones.

When fewer "innocent" kids are targeted (not saying that this kid was as he had a gun) then there will be a less reflexive reaction from the community to stigmatize acts by the police. Let us hope that the new mayor institutes TARGETED stop and frisk, and not this scatter shot approach which drags in the good with the bad.

At the end of the day if 50% of the population lack the skills that NYC needs to compete in global markets its long term economic viability will be hampered.
What in the heck are you talking about?? How do you know his parents were working two jobs and were afraid of kiki?? LOL - your posts are funny. I have to agree with charmed hour. Kiki chose his path and it cost him his life.

Last edited by Mr. Ryu; 03-13-2013 at 04:23 PM..

Old 03-13-2013, 04:16 PM

912 posts, read 2,099,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Exactly. And that is happening.
Meth is not becoming a problem - it is a problem, and a growing one.
People do meth in Harlem?

Old 03-13-2013, 04:19 PM

2,751 posts, read 2,422,723 times

The Realness: Kimani Gray's Uncle Calls In - YouTube

hmm interesting

it looks like he didn't know they were police and thought they were coming for his life

Old 03-13-2013, 04:23 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,557,538 times
...if you think you can compare slavery to immigrants trolololololololololololololololololol
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You need to go back to school

Old 03-13-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post

The Realness: Kimani Gray's Uncle Calls In - YouTube

hmm interesting

it looks like he didn't know they were police and thought they were coming for his life
I feel so sorry for this kid. He had no positive influences. Just by listening to his "uncle" i realize that this kid had no hope. "uncle" was aware that his nephew was in the Bloods gang and said it was ok.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:53 PM

2,751 posts, read 2,422,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
I feel so sorry for this kid. He had no positive influences. Just by listening to his "uncle" i realize that this kid had no hope. "uncle" was aware that his nephew was in the Bloods gang and said it was ok.
What is the uncle supposed to do about that? Anyway the guy brings up good points. The cops were plainclothes so we have to consider that. And the revolver point has weight. Also, just because someone is in a gang doesn't mean they are terrible, evil, devil worshipers or whatever you people think. Yes, gangs do destructive things before you people attack me. If your child was in a gang would you disown them?

From what i gather, these cops probably didn't identify themselves as NYPD causing Gray to think they were going to kill him, like they killed his brother, so he attempted to retaliate.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
What is the uncle supposed to do about that? Anyway the guy brings up good points. The cops were plainclothes so we have to consider that. And the revolver point has weight. Also, just because someone is in a gang doesn't mean they are terrible, evil, devil worshipers or whatever you people think. Yes, gangs do destructive things before you people attack me. If your child was in a gang would you disown them?

From what i gather, these cops probably didn't identify themselves as NYPD causing Gray to think they were going to kill him, like they killed his brother, so he attempted to retaliate.
family is suppose to look out for the best interest of one another. So Kiki's bro got killed 2 months ago by whom i wonder?? (gang-related, drug-related, etc??) Also, where did his "uncle" get all this info from? He doesn't know the skin color of the cops but he is sure that kiki didn't have a gun, the cops didn't show their badge or identify themselves, etc. This dude is full of it.

How come everyone is talking? I thought snitches get stitches in the hood. When a gang banger kills another or an innocent person the whole hood is silent!!

If my child was in a gang, you bet i would disown him/her if he/she would not leave that gang.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:28 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,931,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borninnycliveinnyc View Post
People do meth in Harlem?
In fact, I heard that they do.
But we were talking about what's happening in towns out in America.
And meth is definitely a factor there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City