Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2013, 08:57 PM

8 posts, read 19,125 times

Advertisements

thats great hat this **** got banned im movin to nyc this sepetmber and i thought nyc was not racist? they be targeing them minorities cause the "think" they be having guns....wow this nyc we talkin about not omaha, texas...

makes me remember this time my bro's ex girlfriend go pulled over in the bronx. she was pulled over by this white cop and given ticket for speeding well she was kinda tipsy but im sure that the bad man just saw her and assumed that she was speeding cause she was woman and black...hopefuly this sht is over with now that the bad law is banned
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 08:57 PM

268 posts, read 340,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Pants hanging down low = criminal. Excellent police work.

I am not an advocate for dressing like that.

They're better off using dogs. Sniff the guns out. Lol.
You know it's much more than that, but it's certainly one thing that cops look at is how individuals are dressed, where they hang out out and so on. How you dress and who you associate with certainly does not help.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:04 AM

6 posts, read 8,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxsmokedatku$hxxx View Post
thats great hat this **** got banned im movin to nyc this sepetmber and i thought nyc was not racist? they be targeing them minorities cause the "think" they be having guns....wow this nyc we talkin about not omaha, texas...

makes me remember this time my bro's ex girlfriend go pulled over in the bronx. she was pulled over by this white cop and given ticket for speeding well she was kinda tipsy but im sure that the bad man just saw her and assumed that she was speeding cause she was woman and black...hopefuly this sht is over with now that the bad law is banned
Well let's avoid sweeping generalizations. You'll find racism anywhere, it's just that you're more likely to find it in some places than others as well as in varying degrees.

Is it over and done with? I hope that it is but knowing Bloomberg he might be scheming something...he always is.

Oh and I hope you enjoy NYC

Old 08-26-2013, 09:09 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhere in Time View Post
Why should we make the job harder for cops? The more descriptions we have the quicker the suspect can be apprehended.

The court did not rule that Stop & Frisk is unconstitutional. The court ruled that some measures being used by the NYPD (like quotas for example) was not legal. People can and are stopped for suspicious behavior.
The court ruled that a number of measures ruled by the NYPD is unconstitutional. In order for one to be stopped, one has to have committed or be in the process of committing a crime. Yes, under those circumstances, stop and frisk is legal.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
Youre also allowed to talk to approach anyone i like peacefully. Would you let that grown man approach your child in the park and talk to them without you there since its not illegal? Or how about if you're walking at night would you stop for the guy in the hoodie alone on the block if he told you "hey man do you have the time?" My guess is no, and if its yes then you're not from NY.

Denial these people are in you and I both know suspicious when we see it
What would my child be doing in the park without me? Who lets a small child go to the park by themselves? Its perfectly legal for an adult to be in the park or in the playground.

As for the hoodie, again that's perfectly legal. And I've worn hoodies myself when during cool enough weather. So no, another guy with a hoodie wouldn't scare me, and I am from NY.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synpyre View Post
Well let's avoid sweeping generalizations. You'll find racism anywhere, it's just that you're more likely to find it in some places than others as well as in varying degrees.

Is it over and done with? I hope that it is but knowing Bloomberg he might be scheming something...he always is.

Oh and I hope you enjoy NYC
Doesn't matter what he is scheming, Bloomberg's term is over.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
The court ruled that a number of measures ruled by the NYPD is unconstitutional. In order for one to be stopped, one has to have committed or be in the process of committing a crime. Yes, under those circumstances, stop and frisk is legal.
And what would those number of measures be? You keep yelling that Stop and Frisk was ruled unconstitutional, which is NOT true. The court ruled that the the Stop and Frisk program adapted by the NYPD that is employed here has parts of it that are unconstitutional. That doesn't mean that the entire program is going away.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhere in Time View Post
And what would those number of measures be? You keep yelling that Stop and Frisk was ruled unconstitutional, which is NOT true. The court ruled that the the Stop and Frisk program adapted by the NYPD that is employed here has parts of it that are unconstitutional. That doesn't mean that the entire program is going away.
Nor did I ever say the entire program was going away. Clearly if the cops catch someone in the act of doing a crime, or running away from a crime scene they are permitted to stop and frisk. But they can't randomly stop and frisk people without good reason (that reason has to be the person was committing a crime, committed a crime, or about to commit a crime). That was the part that the judge ruled unconstitutional (random stop and frisks).

Old 08-27-2013, 08:57 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post

and this is why I am so against the S&F crap.

me and my partner were just walking down the block, that I live on for the last 25 years.
-we were not suspicious.
-we were not in the process of committing a crime.
-we did not look like we have committed a crime.
-we weren't running from anyone

unless walking and talking down a street has become illegal.

there was zero justification for 3 police men to jump out of a van and S&F us.
none at all.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
and this is why I am so against the S&F crap.

me and my partner were just walking down the block, that I live on for the last 25 years.
-we were not suspicious.
-we were not in the process of committing a crime.
-we did not look like we have committed a crime.
-we weren't running from anyone

unless walking and talking down a street has become illegal.

there was zero justification for 3 police men to jump out of a van and S&F us.
none at all.
You don't think you looked suspicious, but that doesn't mean that you weren't. You don't know what was going on. You could've been in the middle of a sting operation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City