Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2013, 01:38 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,460,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
How do you know Blacks listen to Jackson or Sharpon or Cosby? Are you an expert on Blacks? Are you in the homes of all Blacks? Jackson is washed up and washed out and over in the age of Obama. There is no one person who is the commander of Black people. Just because someone Black tells me something doesn't mean I have to listen (ditto for anyone of any other race).
One only needs to observe.....

Jackson and Sharpton, for being washed up sure were capable of stirring up the Black community in Sanford, Florida weren't they?

Oh and by the way.....I was responding to the fallacious statement that I was against peaceful protesting. Of course I never said a word about that, but that didn't stop the statement being made.

Posted with TapaTalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
First of all, in poor neighborhoods, the average person is NOT at RISK of being murdered. The murders are typically gangster related violence, where gangs battle each other for turf. If you're not a gang banger or a drug dealer you're fine. And Stop and Frisk does not stop gangs from shooting each other by the way, nor does it stop drug dealing (you can get drugs anywhere). I've lived in Black and Latino neighborhoods for many years, even pre Giuliani, and I overall never had a problem.
I'd like to see the statistics on that.

Even IF it is true, how many are injured and killed in the crossfire who are completely innocent?

In my opinion, ONE is too many. But I suppose if you don't care about hundreds of Black and Hispanics dying, what's one innocent kid's life matter?

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-23-2013, 02:06 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,044,371 times
Quote:
We're sending cops the message that they are human just like everyone else, and not above the law. And no more entitled to respect than any other worker, and that includes the cashier at Macy's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhere in Time View Post
Is that right? I think they're well aware that they're human, seeing how many of them put their lives on the line every day, but that's okay though. The types of attitudes around here convey that cops are apparently nothing more but servants to the public who are unappreciative of what they contribute to our society.
They get a paycheck and a nice benefits package. Its a job just like any other job and they do not deserve special treatment.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:14 PM

268 posts, read 340,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
They get a paycheck and a nice benefits package. Its a job just like any other job and they do not deserve special treatment.
Oh really? I wonder how many employees can say that they go to a job that they can die from every day. They don't deserve special treatment, but they deserve to be respected and honored for making the ultimate sacrifice.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:34 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,044,371 times
Quote:
Oh really? I wonder how many employees can say that they go to a job that they can die from every day. They don't deserve special treatment, but they deserve to be respected and honored for making the ultimate sacrifice.
More livery cab drivers get killed on the job than NYPD officers. Do they get to be on a pedestal too?

Old 08-23-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
More livery cab drivers get killed on the job than NYPD officers. Do they get to be on a pedestal too?
That's a ridiculous comparison.

Old 08-23-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Agreed

I don't know where this poster gets the idea that cops get special treatment or are placed on a pedestal?

They do a very dangerous job that involves helping the public.

I guess he/she hates cops....until they need one!

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-23-2013, 05:09 PM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
The majority of violent crime in this city happens to criminal against criminal. But we can't stop and frisk criminals since we have no way of knowing who's a criminal or not, so let's stop everybody Black and Hispanic and hope this works. Who cares if the average working stiff feels violates or grows to be scared of being stopped by police.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-23-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
The majority of violent crime in this city happens to criminal against criminal. But we can't stop and frisk criminals since we have no way of knowing who's a criminal or not, so let's stop everybody Black and Hispanic and hope this works. Who cares if the average working stiff feels violates or grows to be scared of being stopped by police.
Nice way to dodge the question.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:15 PM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
Quote:
Nice way to dodge the question.
I'm not dodging it. Majority of the criminals are Black and Hispanic in NYC. No denying it's true. I simply lumped everybody in. But it's true that majority of violent crime are criminals against other criminals, whether it be black, white or brown. So go put Black in front of my criminals for your convenience, and re-read.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City