Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2013, 09:26 AM

420 posts, read 698,256 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 10:39 AM

3 posts, read 7,449 times
This works so why are we even talking about canceling it.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:06 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhow View Post
This works so why are we even talking about canceling it.
Its unconstitutional, for starters. Did you not read the judge's ruling? Even if it works, its unconstitutional. You cannot be searched unless you have committed a crime or were caught in the act of committing a crime, or fleeing a crime scene.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:28 AM

811 posts, read 551,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Its not illegal for an adult to be in a playground, and no, you won't stop an adult for being in or near a playground. Ditto for a hoodie. You can dress as you please. And stop and frisk does not stop violent criminals. The majority of people, 90% are caught with nothing on them. Of the 10 percent who have something on them, much of that is drugs.
Youre also allowed to talk to approach anyone i like peacefully. Would you let that grown man approach your child in the park and talk to them without you there since its not illegal? Or how about if you're walking at night would you stop for the guy in the hoodie alone on the block if he told you "hey man do you have the time?" My guess is no, and if its yes then you're not from NY.

Denial these people are in you and I both know suspicious when we see it

Old 08-25-2013, 11:33 AM

811 posts, read 551,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Bloomberg is a rich White guy who has security to protect him and lives in a mansion.....he doesn't need to care, but he does.

It's pretty sad state when people don't care about other people.

Posted with TapaTalk
I have sympathy for innocent people not animals that kill and do crimes for nothing.

And you're only helping my point. You really think most in the hood like bloomberg? If bloomber were to have his house robbed or anything where he would be in need of help it would not be the hood that would go out to help him. The same you are trying to care about would turn their back on you the second you're in trouble

Old 08-25-2013, 12:28 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,460,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post

And you're only helping my point.
You mean you HAVE a point?

Why not just state what it is?

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-25-2013, 12:51 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,218,462 times
Do folks on here feel that cops should not even be given descriptions of perps in terms of how they look (black male, mid twenties, 5'10", baggy shirt, tattoos on forearms; light skinned hispanic male, early to mid thirties, shaved head, trimmed beard; etc...)

Are you guys at that point?

Old 08-25-2013, 05:32 PM

268 posts, read 340,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Do folks on here feel that cops should not even be given descriptions of perps in terms of how they look (black male, mid twenties, 5'10", baggy shirt, tattoos on forearms; light skinned hispanic male, early to mid thirties, shaved head, trimmed beard; etc...)

Are you guys at that point?
Why should we make the job harder for cops? The more descriptions we have the quicker the suspect can be apprehended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Not according to the courts rulings. And not according to the city council.
The court did not rule that Stop & Frisk is unconstitutional. The court ruled that some measures being used by the NYPD (like quotas for example) was not legal. People can and are stopped for suspicious behavior.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:51 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,218,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhere in Time View Post
Why should we make the job harder for cops? The more descriptions we have the quicker the suspect can be apprehended.
Well yeah, I mean I agree obviously. I'm wondering if people of here feel that way. It sounds like it sometimes...

Old 08-25-2013, 05:54 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
The "damned good reason" is the greater good, namely for the law-abiding citizens of the neighborhoods where most crimes occur. There people are overwhelmingly in favor of stop-and-frisk. Stop-and-frisk targets blacks and Latinos because 92% of homicides are caused by blacks/Latinos.

Until it is you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City