Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 12:05 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,634,102 times

Advertisements

^^^ you live in Far Rock, and go out for cigs in the middle of the night? The worst thing you have to worry about is the breeze comming from the ocean. I bet that breeze is a motha....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 12:54 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,624,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Based on this statement, its safe to say that crime no longer exists in the city. Wonder what all the NYPD is going do now that they're out of a job, right?
I live in Far Rock and I go out for cigarettes 2 in the morning frequently. Maybe I'm missing your point here....
Hmmm, I dont see that in her post. She is just saying that she can have a nice time hanging out in her hood and in another one. That is basically her opinion and her observations. All valid points. Stop attacking her.

Old 11-19-2007, 01:06 PM
DAS

2,532 posts, read 6,860,382 times
Cyrusjul maybe I'm missing something here but I don't see that because a person is disagreeing with someone else that that is an attack. I don't think that what you quoted is an attack. These 2 posters see things differently.

The thing about the NY forum that maybe different from other forums is that we are passionate about what we think and we NYer's tend to communicate this in speech and I see also in our writing.

Old 11-19-2007, 01:50 PM

I understand, but if SeventhFloor has something to say, then please post somenthing about a particular neighborhood(s) he wants to talk about and his experiences, I welcome that. That is the purpose of this thread I created. But quoting her and judging her that she is saying this....

Quote:
Based on this statement, its safe to say that crime no longer exists in the city. Wonder what all the NYPD is going do now that they're out of a job, right?
Which I didn't read it from her post, that is going after her and attacking her personally, by making things up. Let eveybody on this board post their observations. So other people can come here and read about people experiences in these hoods.

Old 11-19-2007, 01:50 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,966,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post
Cyrusjul maybe I'm missing something here but I don't see that because a person is disagreeing with someone else that that is an attack. I don't think that what you quoted is an attack. These 2 posters see things differently.

The thing about the NY forum that maybe different from other forums is that we are passionate about what we think and we NYer's tend to communicate this in speech and I see also in our writing.
in addition people's perceptions are formed by their postion in life, when I was in my 20's I'd do things and go places I'd never go now. People change and their perceptions change. People like the gal from the bronx who thinks living there is great, but she's never lived anywhere else, so she really has no way of knowing that other places can be nicer, she's content with where she is so in her eyes why wouldn't anyone else be content living there, but if she had the experience that others have of living in different places her mindset might be different.
If the bronx is all you know then you can't really understand why other people hold it in such low regard

Old 11-19-2007, 01:51 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
^^^ you live in Far Rock, and go out for cigs in the middle of the night? The worst thing you have to worry about is the breeze comming from the ocean. I bet that breeze is a motha....

it does get cold out there but unfortunately thats not the only thing i have to worry about going to the store that late at night.

Old 11-19-2007, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
I understand, but if SeventhFloor has something to say, then please post somenthing about a particular neighborhood(s) he wants to talk about and his experiences, I welcome that. That is the purpose of this thread I created. But quoting her and judging her that she is saying this....

Which I didn't read it from her post, that is going after her and attacking her personally, by making things up. Let eveybody on this board post their observations. So other people can come here and read about people experiences in these hoods.
lets be really honest here....
i dont care if its dumont avenue in brownsville
the lady will not say 1 thing to bring down a neighborhood
cause she wants everybody to own a house not rent
regardless of where it is
and thats just the truth.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:01 PM

Where does she lives anyway? It is probably not the greatest area of the Bronx, but it can't be the wost area.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
Where does she lives anyway? It is probably not the greatest area of the Bronx, but it can't be the wost area.
who cares my point is she's not a realist.
you can put her in park hill staten island and she'll be happy because she knows the building wu-tang's from
she thinks every neighborhood is good

let it rest on your souls when some midwesterner moves here and makes the 10 PM news just for the sake of homeownership.

maybe that poor kid who stuck his head out the window in bushwick had parents that were 1st time homeowners. maybe got advice from the forum illustrating just the good and not the bad. who knows.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:09 PM

Now lets take this from her post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvira Black View Post
There are very few places in this city I wouldn't live in or at least visit without hesitation.
I see, so there are infact a few places she will avoid. I guess not everything are a garden of Roses for her. Stop judging her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City