Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2013, 07:56 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
"Racism is generally defined as actions, practices or beliefs, or social or political systems that are based in view that sees the human species to be divided into races with shared traits, abilities, or qualities, such as personality, intellect, morality, or other cultural behavioral characteristics, and especially the belief that races can be ranked as inherently superior or inferior to others, or that members of different races should be treated differently."

You're claiming that all Blacks share the same beliefs and traits, and that in and of itself is racist.

Please show where I said that ALL blacks share the same beliefs and traits, you sound like one of those clowns who scoffed at having a MLK day. Do you believe that all blacks come from the same place? Becasue throught your own self admitted ignorance that is what it sounds like

I'm a psuedo Black because I don't agree with you (which shatters your world view since in your mind all Blacks things like you. The fact you had to even say that is racist. You proved my point, you are the dictionary definition of racist.

I call you what you sound like. I don't exspect everyone to agree with me but I do expect you as a (supposely black person) understand that all blacks are not willing as you are to turn their backs on those who look like them because some person who does'nt says so.

And again, you did not answer my question.

Because you did not ask one

Do you think the police forces should be abolished and all prisons emptied? You basically seem to think the cops should never stop and arrest someone?

What the hell did you get that from? Please step away from the pipe and walk away. All that I was advocating is that if they are going to stop and frisk let be without racial bias AND when they do frisk, do it professionally without malice. Of course people like yourself who have never had their dignity taken from them by a racist or power hungry cop refuses to see that it happens to others that may look like him. And you have the audacity to wonder why anyone would call you a sellout oreo

There are anti police people who think like that. Why? Is it because you're a criminal yourself? Do you want your fellow criminals to be able to commit crime un impeded?

Why do I have to be a criminal because I want the police to act professional? I guess that you would feel better if they gathered up all of the black and brown people and lock them up and tried them later? One day you will get your wake up moment.

You aren't tell people here the real reason why you have your attitudes towards the police.
Once again not all, just those who think and act like you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Correct you are. Nor will you. They run like mad from anyone with your points-of-view, which are evident quite quickly.

Fortunately my SO does not hold this view and has therefore done quite well, as have most of our friends.

Of course they will if I don't have that "step and fetch it" attitude. These are the same people that don't mind a subservient black person but they have probelms with one who thinks independently both in private and in public. Until I see as many blacks and latinos sitting on the Fortune 500 boardrooms as white males I will be hard pressed to be proven wrong.

Oh btw, I do have quite a few professionals in my immediate family as well including myself and we all still have our identities and self awareness of who and what we are.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
You make no sense. I know a black person that lives right off Wall st and he does just fine. And as for the hood, neither of us would get "ran out of there," but whoever flashed the more expensive chain would probably get robbed first, no matter the skin color. Last I checked black-on-black crime is still much higher then black-on-white crime.

OOOOH that is nice that you know at least one but I bet that you don't really "know" him you just know of him which means nothing in this conversation. I say this because you have no idea what he had to go through to get where he is or his interactions with other well off blacks. I know people who were in the klan but that does not mean that I know what went on in their meetings

Old 12-27-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Yes. I want to find investors to buy up the hood.

So does that make you an expert on black people?

Old 12-27-2013, 08:15 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
OOOOH that is nice that you know at least one but I bet that you don't really "know" him you just know of him which means nothing in this conversation. I say this because you have no idea what he had to go through to get where he is or his interactions with other well off blacks. I know people who were in the klan but that does not mean that I know what went on in their meetings
If it makes it any better, I don't know any white people that live by wall st. The only person I know that lives right around there happens to be a black person. You obviously know nothing about NYC.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
So does that make you an expert on black people?
Yes.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Did I ever say ALL? What I said was that blacks from similiar backgrounds in different parts of the country have more in common then whites in the same city.
I disagree. A poor white person in NYC has more in common with a poor black person in NYC then you do. A rich white person in NYC has more in common with a rich black person in NYC then you do. Same goes for the middle class and wealthy. It's environmental.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
If it makes it any better, I don't know any white people that live by wall st. The only person I know that lives right around there happens to be a black person. You obviously know nothing about NYC.
You made the statement that had nothing to do with the conversation, so my knowledge of NYC really had nothing to do with it

Old 12-27-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I disagree. A poor white person in NYC has more in common with a poor black person in NYC then you do. A rich white person in NYC has more in common with a rich black person in NYC then you do. Same goes for the middle class and wealthy. It's environmental.
Ok I will concede to that, but the original conversation was about an assumingly white middleclass male having more in common with poor project dwelling blacks than another black who grew up and around the project in another city

The overall point is that black/latino people will be (in most cases) treated differently from whites in similiar situations regardless of economic standing by some police officers

Old 12-27-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Ok I will concede to that, but the original conversation was about an assumingly white middleclass male having more in common with poor project dwelling blacks than another black who grew up and around the project in another city

The overall point is that black/latino people will be (in most cases) treated differently from whites in similiar situations regardless of economic standing by some police officers
I'm not from the projects but a not-quite white middle class male, so you'd know better than me. Do white people living in the projects have a better QOL than black people that live there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City