Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2014, 09:09 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,316,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Newsflash, the NYC forum revolves around NYC.
That maybe true but this is something that happens all over the country as well. That being said it could have easily been in the Polical forum as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I'd say so. Unless the arrests were to prove a point to benefit society, every time you get arrested your opinion becomes less valuable. Not sure what that threshold would be before your opinion becomes completely worthless, but 22 times has got to be close to it. But according to posters like you and simetime, he probably only got arrested so many times because he had no input in the law creation process.
I'm not defending any criminal, however what if he didn't have a criminal record would you still feel the same way about him? My point is that for as many people that they catch with criminal records there are proably twice that amount that are harrassed that you never hear about that don't

Old 01-27-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Did this person just "prove" expertise based on visiting ?
On the other hand - probably better than at least one other poster, who clearly does not live here and may never have visited.
Nope, how about through "experience"? I'm pretty sure that New York City does not own all of the racist or crooked cops in the country.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:00 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,239,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
New York City does not own all of the racist or crooked cops in the country.
In this case, it doesn't seem to have been the stop which gave rise to the lawsuit, more the overreaction of the police officer, when the drug dealer* mouthed off too much about it. The officer later bragged on a wiretap about the arrest & used a racial slur to describe the thug. As fate would have it, the drug dealer met his demise at the hands of a fellow thug, who may or may not have used a racial slur, while shooting him & another nonproductive member of society.
(*also poet, author & budding rap producer! )
Drug dealer slain after bragging about $125K stop-frisk court win

Old 01-28-2014, 07:18 AM

19,036 posts, read 13,948,655 times
It really is better when these people take care of themselves in this manner. Especially since in this case we got a 3-fer: perp kills two skells and then perp quickly caught. How can you really beat that?

Now THIS is how one classifies a good day in the hood.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:00 AM

897 posts, read 1,252,693 times
If a cop stopped and frisked me the only way I would mind is if I had something on me that would get me in trouble. I understand that it is done for my protection and safety.

I feel the same way about the full body scanners at the airport - go ahead and scan, frisk, harass all you want. I got nothing to hide.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:55 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,400,569 times
Quote:
I'd say so. Unless the arrests were to prove a point to benefit society, every time you get arrested your opinion becomes less valuable. Not sure what that threshold would be before your opinion becomes completely worthless, but 22 times has got to be close to it. But according to posters like you and simetime, he probably only got arrested so many times because he had no input in the law creation process.

smh you have something slick to say out your lips even when you
agree with me, so you might as well have not said anything at all,
mr. sarcastic.

------------

and the guy above this post is saying that only because he is never stopped and frisked.
some people should just not even comment on injustices if they believe in injustice.
that's just stupid.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:04 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,311,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
mr. sarcastic.

------------

and the guy above this post is saying that only because he is never stopped and frisked.
some people should just not even comment on injustices if they believe in injustice.
that's just stupid.
How the hell am I supposed to ever know if we are in agreement or not? You speak in riddles.

BTW, I've been stopped and frisked before and I'm neither black or hispanic.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:06 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,400,569 times
^ i guess you shouldn't repond if you don't even understand what I am saying, right?

anyway, g-dale, don't get on my damn nerves today. just keep it to yourself.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:11 AM

897 posts, read 1,252,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
mr. sarcastic.

------------

that's just stupid.
Dude, I can't even understand your posts sometimes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City