Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 07:33 AM

125 posts, read 115,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
YOU ARE 100% CORRECT! And not a single feckless politician could stand up and just flat-out state that this is a colossal waste of money. But of course the Teachers' Union loves it - more teachers and more dues.
if the parents cant afford babysitting while they at their mimimum wage McDs jobs
do you think they will be better off staying home and collecting welfare while they watch their own kids?

I do believe thats why DiBlasio wants the kids in preK or babysittin if you prefer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 07:37 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,907 times
Well yes! The state pays them something like $13 per hour in Welfare benefits. Does MickeyD's?

Old 03-30-2014, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I don't have an envious bone in my body. As hard as it is for most to believe, money means nothing to some people, although being comfortable myself, that's easy for me to say.

I get far more out of a few hours in the woods than most 1%'ers would out of $50,000. I value my free time more than anything else.
is that why you spend it posting allday on this messageboard

Old 03-30-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
The mugger would commit suicide once he realizes he mugged and killed a person who made 500 bucks, not 500k a year! Monopoly play game dollars don't count!
LOL

Old 03-30-2014, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Well yes! The state pays them something like $13 per hour in Welfare benefits. Does MickeyD's?
nope but moms have to comply with the work requirements so you can feel smug about getting a pass on the Pre K TODAY..but tomorrow you still got to pay taxes for that $13 per hour welfare check
because they cant be required to work if their is no babysitter

Old 03-30-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebrand4 View Post
nope but moms have to comply with the work requirements so you can feel smug about getting a pass on the Pre K TODAY..but tomorrow you still got to pay taxes for that $13 per hour welfare check
because they cant be required to work if their is no babysitter
Please point out that I am not personally feeling smug about getting a pass. Your "you" is rhetorical, and NOT directed at me personally. Thanks!

And, I agree. Its quite a conundrum isnt it?

Old 03-30-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Please point out that I am not personally feeling smug about getting a pass. Your "you" is rhetorical, and NOT directed at me personally. Thanks!
Please pull ya pannies out ya azz CornyGirl
Seems to me YOU are taking my reply personally otherwise why the hysterics?..if you cant refute my point its ok sweetie..you aint the first and wont be the last I was just saying whomever feeling SMUG about Cuomo decision should think long term not short term
now...Carry On

Old 03-30-2014, 08:08 AM

Shoo troll!

Old 03-30-2014, 10:26 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,091,245 times
i make 200 million annually; i am poor....

Old 03-30-2014, 12:04 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,314,963 times
Well, if there are "no tax hikes" where is the money coming from for this massive pre-K initiative? Is it raining down from the sky? It is coming from Cuomo slashing state aid from other school districts in the state, especially Long Island's, where the property taxes are sky high and growing every single day.

This is even more ridiculous since NYS does NOT mandate kindergarten at all, so aren't we skipping a step here?

So, congratulations, DeBlasio, you just switched the "pay for it" from "the rich of NYC" to an easier target by having your pal Cuomo pass the bill onto "the middle class of the rest of NYS." However, the next governor could take away your "free pre-K for all of NYC deal on the backs of the middle class of NYS" just as easily as Cuomo gave it to you. So of the pre-K expansion money in this budget, NYC hogs $300M and the entire rest of the state only gets $40M for pre-K expansion and it is all "paid for" by taking away education money from the rest of the (non-NYC) students existing in the state. Hardly seems fair that the rest of NYS's middle class public school students have to pay for DeBlasio's campaign promise. But that's how things roll with the politicians, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City