Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2014, 07:14 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,251,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orestes5 View Post
Oh give me a break. I'm sure they have parks in the own area, obviously not as big as Prospect Park, but still a park that they can enjoy. Any time that I've seen teens in large groups they have usually caused problems, and it isn't a coincidence either. I just get the impression that their own neighborhoods aren't exactly the greatest, so they figure why not come to a nice neighborhood and tear it down as well?
Not that the park thing is necessarily pertinent. I was just bringing it up as an example. Prospect Park is the park in Brooklyn and everyone uses it. It's a public park.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:18 PM

10 posts, read 23,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Not that the park thing is necessarily pertinent. I was just bringing it up as an example. Prospect Park is the park in Brooklyn and everyone uses it. It's a public park.
Yeah but you do have teens that will travel from afar for whatever reason just to go to the park in a nice area. Never understood that for the life of me. They'll travel HOURS for that. Are their own parks that bad? I mean I'm sure they must have some of the same things in their neighborhood parks that parks in nice neighborhoods have. Basketball hoops, etc. etc. If they don't then maybe that's the problem. However, as I said, you do have the types that are just coming to cause problems that just want to make their presence known.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:59 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,243,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Since when is walking through a neighborhood criminal behavior?
Cops who allegedly told black teens to 'get out of the neighborhood' in Park Slope were telling them to go do their homework: NYPD - NY Daily News
"Cops were called to Seventh Ave. near Ninth St. after a group of teens began fighting inside the Happy Fresh Tortilla Grill, police said. The fight quickly spilled into the street. Cops were called to disperse the crowd."

Old 10-06-2014, 04:26 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,321,216 times
That homework comment must have really ticked this lady off. She rather them fight in the streets than do homework in the library. Typical Brooklynite, she just wants to fit in.

Old 10-06-2014, 05:21 AM

14 posts, read 25,347 times
I think most people make assumptions based on presentation, and first impressions. Although I don't know for certain how the boys were dressed, my guess is, they were imitating their favorite rappers. If this is indeed true, they will forever be targets, if they choose to walk around with their underwear showing, while speaking very loudly and blasting music.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:22 AM

1,151 posts, read 1,310,296 times

At many of these posts.

Then they say the south is racist.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:35 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,321,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammaster View Post

At many of these posts.

Then they say the south is racist.
What's racist? You are the OP. You are the one looking to make this entirely about race. It isn't. There was very likely a preceeding incident that took place before this lady that hates homework got involved. Just because we aren't all as gullible as you does not make everyone racist. Coming from the south, do you really know what its like in Brooklyn?

Old 10-06-2014, 08:02 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,251,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orestes5 View Post
Yeah but you do have teens that will travel from afar for whatever reason just to go to the park in a nice area. Never understood that for the life of me. They'll travel HOURS for that. Are their own parks that bad? I mean I'm sure they must have some of the same things in their neighborhood parks that parks in nice neighborhoods have. Basketball hoops, etc. etc. If they don't then maybe that's the problem. However, as I said, you do have the types that are just coming to cause problems that just want to make their presence known.
Again the park thing is sort of besides the point, but in case you didn't know, parkland is at a premium in Brooklyn since its the borough with the least of it.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:05 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,990,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Cops who allegedly told black teens to 'get out of the neighborhood' in Park Slope were telling them to go do their homework: NYPD - NY Daily News
"Cops were called to Seventh Ave. near Ninth St. after a group of teens began fighting inside the Happy Fresh Tortilla Grill, police said. The fight quickly spilled into the street. Cops were called to disperse the crowd."
If this is true, the kids were fighting and being disruptive. So that would mean their getting stopped (if true) had nothing to do with race or how they were dressed, both allegations repeated on this thread with little to no evidence.

Thank you for posting the update on this, bigjake. Yes, it's better that these kids do their homework or something productive than fight. If this is what happened the cops did nothing wrong.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:34 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,548,157 times
Body cams would protect these cops....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City