Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 11:19 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,739 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1XGPvbWn0A

On the News VIDEO: Woman Gets Catcalled More Than 100 Times In 10 Hours While Walking In NYC « CBS New York
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 11:27 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,431,701 times
What do you expect in a city full of desperate men with no outlets for sex besides gay pay for play and high rollers ?

Old 10-29-2014, 11:41 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,218,462 times
Yeah this has been making the internet rounds. Lol at donating to stop street harassment. Just another attention-seeker. Nice ass though. This is her, in all her annoyance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwMH-OA299A

Old 10-29-2014, 11:50 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
She not even that hot. If that woman went to a place like Miami or LA she would be just average. Being thirsty ruins it for other guys.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:51 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,404,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Yeah this has been making the internet rounds. Lol at donating to stop street harassment. Just another attention-seeker. Nice ass though. This is her, in all her annoyance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwMH-OA299A
LOL that pig and her karate moves. This woman is just looking for attention and wants to be on a reality TV show.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:53 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,739 times
Word! She is an attention seeker and I do agree nice ass and hips though.

The type of men she was drawing in wasn't exactly of moderate or higher caliber either. She was attracting nothing but street thugs. This social experiment can be examined from a number of perspectives.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:54 AM

1,271 posts, read 3,233,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
LOL that pig and her karate moves. This woman is just looking for attention and wants to be on a reality TV show.
Which definitely totally invalidates all of the catcalls and nasty misogynist behavior?

Old 10-29-2014, 11:59 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,781,695 times
Why is this news worthy?

What does she want: a trophy?

I saw her interview with a newsreporter on TV as I was cruising through channels today.

Her plight is no different from that of hundreds or thousands of women. How is donating to "Hollaback" going to help end harrassment?

Old 10-29-2014, 11:59 AM

250 posts, read 269,515 times
The women in this video is attractive, no doubt about it and I'm sure see has more to offer as a person besides her beauty but some of the things that were said to her in the video and some of the comments on the youtube page are flat out disgusting. If you want to see how primitive some people are in their thinking, read some of the comments that were posted on this youtube page. You can thank the MRA crowd for that.

Also, I'm waiting for this to turn racial. As always, on city data, anything involving black men or latino men will will most likely turn that way. Why can't we have a simple, intelligent conversation on anything involving different aspects of our society without lumping an entire group of people? I get tired of reading stories like and the commentary that follows where it suggest this kind of verbal maltreatment it's limited to a certain demographic because I can tell you from first hand experience that it is certainly not the case. It is a worldwide problem and we should acknowledge it as such. I wish more white feminists include women of color in these social experiments to show that this kind of thing happens to women who are not white.

Catcalling or as I call it, sexual harassment, is not limited to the streets of Manhattan. It's goes on in Egypt, Nigeria, Russia, China (liveleak has tons of videos showing sexual harassment in China) and in our college campuses here in the good 'ol USA. We have people in this country who think having sex with a passed out person doesn't constitute rape. We should respect these women and allow them to have a peace of mind as they go about their daily lives.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:05 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,404,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownstoneNY View Post
Which definitely totally invalidates all of the catcalls and nasty misogynist behavior?
No it does not but she was clearly seeking the attention. You go around dressed like that in the ghetto neighborhoods and that is what you will get. Ghetto people catcalling you. If you did that in Park Slope, Williamsburg, Brooklyn Heights, UWS then you wouldn't get as much attention.

It's like me going to Harlem with a T-shirt that says "I hate black people". People are going to react. And what does this woman expet? A law to be passed making it illegal to catcall?

Here is a simple solution. Don't wear too revealing clothes in the ghetto. Cover up a bit and keep your guard up. Ignore it the best you can and carry around mace with you. If you can't do that then move to a better neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City