Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 08:28 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,989,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill83 View Post
What is the definition of "cat call"?

"Hi." "How are you doing today?" "Have a nice evening." Are these cat calls?
Yes, apparently speaking to her without being spoken to first is the definition of a cat call.

And maybe it was set up too, I wouldn't believe a word she said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 08:32 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,501,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Yes, apparently speaking to her without being spoken to first is the definition of a cat call.

And maybe it was set up too, I wouldn't believe a word she said.
Me neither. Like I said, I see beautiful women every day walking around and I watch people around them, and no one acts like that. I myself just get a lot of stares, the occasional comment, but nothing like what is showed in that video.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:33 AM

706 posts, read 1,042,541 times
On her own website promoting her "acting" career she describes herself as having a DD breast size!

Old 10-30-2014, 08:35 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,926 times
HOW ABOUT THIS: For all the men on this thread who continue to defend the actions of these perverts; imagine if you were walking down blocks and blocks of gay men, hooting, hollering, saying "Hey cutie", "Hey sweetie", "Hey baby", "DAAAMN!" "smile a little bit sugar!", and commenting on your physical appearance in a sexual manner, I 1000% bet you wouldn't feel comfortable and approve of such actions. You wouldn't dare say "Oh, he's just appreciating my physical beauty", "he's just being nice", "he's just telling me how attractive I am" you wouldn't want some gay guy following and harassing you.

NOW, don't get your ego gassed because you're mostly likely aren't that attractive to begin with but just imagine. And most likely you're homophobic but that's besides the point. You wouldn't take well to having a man, of the same sex and possibly same physical strengths or stronger cat calling you and threatening you, knowing he can possibly out muscle you if he really wanted and get your booty. It happens in jail but again, that's besides the point.

For you guys that continually support this, you just have animosity against women for whatever reason and/or probably like the disgruntled, sexually frustrated men who cat call like the guys in the video. Step up your game if you want some booty, some bed action. Be a real man.

I'm not a feminist and I certainly gawk at a beautiful women when I see one. However, I NEVER make cat calls or make any creepy, uncomfortable advances. If I see the opportunity I'll certainly TALK to the woman not cat call and shower her with insidious perverted compliments.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:37 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,926 times
I have to admit though, this is funny:

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Man from FOD News

Old 10-30-2014, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lital_the_best View Post
i have to admit though, this is funny:

10 hours of walking in nyc as a man from fod news

:d:d:dhilarious

Old 10-30-2014, 08:39 AM

155 posts, read 259,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
I don't get it either. Shrugs. I see plenty of beautiful women walking around the city that don't get attention like that.
Very true. I think it could be two things..

1) Because she's dressed so casual and not so "superior" or "high and mighty", guys can approach her more easily.

2) She seems thick (in a good way) so that could be a possibility too

Old 10-30-2014, 08:39 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,049,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSurfer View Post
On her own website promoting her "acting" career she describes herself as having a DD breast size!
That explains everything lol

Old 10-30-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK04 View Post
Very true. I think it could be two things..

1) Because she's dressed so casual and not so "superior" or "high and mighty", guys can approach her more easily.

2) She seems thick (in a good way) so that could be a possibility too
You're probably right. I remember hearing from some guys I knew that some women just seem more attainable than others, and those are the ones that get more attention....I've always been told I see very standoffish and unapproachable. LOL

I saw a women a few weeks back, walking down Fifth Ave by where I work. She was drop dead gorgeous, must have been a model...I was staring at her, but I walked behind her for about four blocks and no one cat called. Stared maybe, but not catcalled.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:56 AM

155 posts, read 259,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
You're probably right. I remember hearing from some guys I knew that some women just seem more attainable than others, and those are the ones that get more attention....I've always been told I see very standoffish and unapproachable. LOL

I saw a women a few weeks back, walking down Fifth Ave by where I work. She was drop dead gorgeous, must have been a model...I was staring at her, but I walked behind her for about four blocks and no one cat called. Stared maybe, but not catcalled.
Yeah.. This is no offense to any female but some women just exude a "easy" approach vibe. Well that's probably better for you maybe, makes your life a little easier... Possibly?

Some women like that possible model you mentioned are just good eye candy. I personally would try to talk to women like that more than the perhaps "easy" approachable females because I just see it as a challenge lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City