Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2014, 02:09 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Jesus,

Isn't it better than the endless: "Got a quarter?"

Mating rituals are different in different cultures so if we want puritanical values to reign supreme, maybe we should prevent the endless importation of cheap labor...and their tribal cultures.

Want a melting pot so workers can flip burgers for $5, then don't complain because poor men behave like poor men rather than Lord Fauntleroy

Wanna get noticed? Wear a skin tight body stocking for afternoon wear.

(Nobody noticed that on her back she has a sign $60.)

But in truth, as a gay man, I find it appalling that any man would even LOOK at a woman much less talk to her.

And reality check: Any guesses how much this dame will be paid for appearances in the next week? Do you think she might score $100 grand? Oprah? Ellen?
Does she have an agent already? Betcha!
Man I can't seem to give you enough reps lately. Have you been drinking more than usual?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 02:29 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,408,600 times
It's not like any of those guys came out plain begging for her cookies on the street. At least they were a little discreet, so I don't know what her beef is other than because there were a lot of black guys trying to holla at her. She should get over herself tho, because slavery days are over and a brother is going to speak to any chic looking good in the neighborhood walking alone. What does she expect, for everyone to be meek, weak and mute?

I don't think so, not where I am from.

Now this stupid video is viral on the brainwash campaign to further emasculate males in the usa.

Smh..

Old 10-30-2014, 03:40 PM

863 posts, read 1,129,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Look at these awful comments in this short video, "have a nice evening", "good morning", "how are you", "smile", "hi beautiful", "hello, good morning", "God bless you have a good day", "Whats up", "have a nice evening". A few said "damn" as in they thought she was cute. The only one I thought was weird was the guy that kept silently walking along side her.
Lol exactly. The irony is that (just by looking at some of the threads in the Relationships forum) some women complain that men don't approach them enough. While, yes, some of the comments in the video were disgusting and the guys following her were creepy, others weren't that bad. Had an attractive guy approached the same way, I doubt she would have ignored him.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:20 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times
Where I grew up in nyc back in the 90s I've seen guys groped and stalked women on a daily basis. Today things have gotten better but it still exists because many of these guys grew up witbout fathers and if they did their fathers beated their mothers and treated them like whores. The cycle has not stopped because theres no intervention.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:31 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,681,680 times
I have no doubt that women will experience rude, unruly, sexually suggestive behaviors. But that much in such a small amount of time?!?! I see plenty of beautiful women and people around them and never have I observed this amount of behavior.

Again I'll have to read more responses from women here because they have better insight, though it would vary among different women.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:32 PM

Plus is a passerby asking "Good Morning", or saying "Hello" all cat calls, because it sometimes happens to me and I am a guy?

Old 10-30-2014, 05:35 PM

589 posts, read 1,221,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Of course women (and men) want to feel attractive but they are ways to go about it.

[

Well, if women cat called men, it would be TOTALLY different since men wouldn't mind it and it's just not the same. Men are physically on average much stronger than women and if they choose to, they can assault, rape and just physically harm them much easily than if the role was reversed. It's not that women can't rape a guy or cause harm but throughout history men have always raped, brutalized, victimized women so much more than men.

So, that's why I make the gay comparison because if men are sexually confronted by a man of equal power, cat calling, harassing, trying to get sex from him, it'll be a much different scenario. He wouldn't scuff at it like if a women were to cat call a man, he'll be much more on the defensive and scared.

And yes, I stand on my animosity towards women argument. Growing up with a single mother as a kid, I have seen men become totally enraged when ignored by mother. I can't even tell you the amounts of "Whatever B--ch, f--k you", "Oh, you think you all that now huh?" and other angry responses when my mother ignored their advancements. You think there's no harboring resentment?

You're not even half the man I am.

Of course she did it to get attention to make a point. This is NOT an exaggeration as I see it all the time happen in the street and its not the good morning that's the problem, its the WAY its being said and the tonality of it all. And as for older women calling guys "hun", its COMPLETELY different from a guy saying "Oh, smile, hey babe, hey sexy, damn mami, looking good". You can't even compare. Be real.

And so what if she has a potty mouth? That doesn't matter, at all. The least. And it was the POSTER saying that, not the actress herself. Get real.

What instances are men allowed to approach women? Did we somehow lose the ability to speak to strangers in the middle of the street? I didn't realize social interactions are limited to environments where women can filter out "undesirables". Funny, this entire video was shot in locations to filter out "desirables" who wouldn't give her desired result.

This video was shot intending to showcase this behavior, you should watch it with a grain of salt.

Also if the behavior of catcalling between genders are "just not the same" then you should agree men and women are NOT equal so the girl in the video should expect to be treated differently.

The hamster wheel will spin endlessly.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
A lot of misogynist's on this thread, LOL.
True but plenty hate when someone is looking for publicity.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:04 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,502,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
I have no doubt that women will experience rude, unruly, sexually suggestive behaviors. But that much in such a small amount of time?!?! I see plenty of beautiful women and people around them and never have I observed this amount of behavior.

Again I'll have to read more responses from women here because they have better insight, though it would vary among different women.
Exactly. I don't buy it. She not all that either!

Old 10-30-2014, 06:14 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,869,681 times
How do those men react when they're seated in the subway and women wearing spinning/yoga pants straphang in front of and facing them? LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City