Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 04:19 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_Springs View Post
It is rare for middle/upper income white guys to be so bold and brazen. Usually, they are more subtle with expressing interest.
I agree. It's rare for Black men (or men of other races) to be so bold and brazen, with the exceptions of homeless guys, crackheads, corner winos/drunks, and other unemployed non desirables.

Yet some here are presenting all men as acting like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Usually, working class guys are unappealing to non working class women. Generally speaking, most middle and upper income women want to marry or date within (or above their class) not below it.
Claire darling, you don't speak for all women ,and that's if you aren't a troll man pretending to be a woman.

There are enough cougars with money who go out to bars and who get young poor guys to do them. Look at all the famous Hollywood women who get young husbands or lovers with no money (Joan Collins, Ivana Trump's second husband, Madonna has had boyfriends young enough to be her son, etc).

Old 11-02-2014, 04:22 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic1 View Post
Catcalling is annoying to women period. Why is it so hard to understand? Especially if it happens frequently within a certain period of time. You know those bums who come up to you when you're walking down the street and ask you for money...it kinda reminds me of that. Sometimes they yell things at you when you don't give them money right? Same with catcallers when you don't return their advances or acknowledge them. Yet people ignore bums all the time. Imagine there are several bums doing this on each block, asking you for money, sticking there cup in your face, pitching to you why should give them money. Or for those of you who are not in walkable cities...imagine there's a bum coming up to your car at every stop light...annoyed yet? Yea...you can ignore it but it would be nice if it didn't happen at all...and some of them are mean, pushy, and scary and sometimes you just don't want to be bothered.

How about instead of just approaching random strange women, lock eyes with them first and smile. Do they smile back? If yes...good, proceed. If no, leave her alone and move on to the next one. Save both of you the time and awkwardness and annoyance of approaching someone and leaving with your feelings getting hurt.
from the video isn't it obvious that

those men are not taking her seriously and just flirting because they may already have a girlfriend or just have no interest in dating?

Old 11-02-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
Actually, these types of women aren't feminists. They're misogynists.

Feminism, by definition means that you want equality between men and women. Do you believe that women should be allowed to vote and hold whatever jobs they want (whether it's engineer, firefighter, football player, etc)? Congratulations, you're a feminist.

But you really think you can explain that to people who can't even spell harassment? (Go to 0:30)

Street Harassment: Sidewalk Sleazebags and Metro Molesters - YouTube

Here's a nice reaction to the video that sums it up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJX6owYq93k

I like the part with the woman at the end who actually agrees with the guy, and even takes it a step further, saying that if a guy genuinely believes the girl has nice boobs, it's alright to call it out. I'm not necessarily saying I agree with that, but at the same time, she does have a point that, by definition of harassment, it's technically not.
The women who hate men and accuse everything masculine of being wrong are misandrists more accurately, as they promote misandry. It has nothing to do with feminism or equal rights for women, but these trolls (misandrists) are not above trying to hide behind a woman when it suits them.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:32 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
You'd be an idiot to believe that.
I think you're naive to only believe what the race-baiting media tells you instead of believing your own eyes- the white guys are right there in the beginning of the video.

Use your head- the video was never going to show 30-30-30 white-black-hispanic because the racial makeup of NYC itself is not like that at all.

Stop being distracted by race. The video isn't about race. It's about street harassment which we all know has no color barrier.

Quote:
This woman is walking throughout Harlem, did she really expect anything different? To be honest, she is fortunate, because many black women are harassed AND attacked, for not responding...
The male sense of entitlement can be dangerous for some women. Some of these guys complaining how women are b*tches or "anti-social" need to read that other disturbing thread Woman killed for refusing to give man her number. Seems like this kind of craziness happens all to often to women. I can't remember the last time I heard or or read a story where a man was killed for refusing to give a woman his number.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:50 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,132,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
The women who hate men and accuse everything masculine of being wrong are misandrists more accurately, as they promote misandry. It has nothing to do with feminism or equal rights for women, but these trolls (misandrists) are not above trying to hide behind a woman when it suits them.
Whoops, I guess I mixed up my terms. Misandry is hatred of men, and misogyny is hatred of women. But yeah, regardless, it's not feminism.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:59 PM

203 posts, read 191,117 times
Quote:
Claire darling, you don't speak for all women ,and that's if you aren't a troll man pretending to be a woman.

There are enough cougars with money who go out to bars and who get young poor guys to do them. Look at all the famous Hollywood women who get young husbands or lovers with no money (Joan Collins, Ivana Trump's second husband, Madonna has had boyfriends young enough to be her son, etc).
Most young professional women are looking for their equal; they are not looking to serve as a "sugar mommy" to a low income bum/hooligan.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
I agree. It's rare for Black men (or men of other races) to be so bold and brazen, with the exceptions of homeless guys, crackheads, corner winos/drunks, and other unemployed non desirables.

Yet some here are presenting all men as acting like that.
Actually it's not rare for black men to behave in a brazen manner when they are interested in a woman. I've always disliked walking through areas with a large African American male population, because I knew that I would be subjected to harassment and they always proved me right!

Old 11-02-2014, 06:09 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Most young professional women are looking for their equal; they are not looking to serve as a "sugar mommy" to a low income bum/hooligan.
Some who find their equal income wise will then cheat on him with the low income bum/bad boy

Old 11-02-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:

So if you're going to go outside, then you're going to have to get a thicker skin and learn how to ignore these people.
Or relocate to a nice area, and not deal with all of this foolishness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City