Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 06:50 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_Springs View Post
Or relocate to a nice area, and not deal with all of this foolishness.
Well, there's that option as well. No point in making yourself unhappy and living where you don't like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Actually it's not rare for black men to behave in a brazen manner when they are interested in a woman. I've always disliked walking through areas with a large African American male population, because I knew that I would be subjected to harassment and they always proved me right!
It amazes me how people act as if there's just one giant Black man in the world.

I'm a 6'2" Black guy and if I walked through a low income bad Black neighborhood in the past I would have guys aggressively trying to sell me drugs or whatever. However, these are street hoods who don't work and who are always in and out of jail. The same men that would more aggressively pan handle a woman, and often men out in the streets like that are DRUNK and/or HIGH.

I don't see Bill Cosby or President Obama on the streets catcalling, clearly these are men with establish careers and acting like this would call irreparable damage to their reputations (ditto any man of any race). It's the behavior of someone who has nothing to lose and no reputation to protect.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Some who find their equal income wise will then cheat on him with the low income bum/bad boy
I also don't see most professional women cheating on a well off guy with a low income/bum.

Can you honestly imagine Hillary Clinton or Michelle Obama cheating on their spouses with street trash, knowing full well it would damage their careers and names? They have too much to lose in a divorce that this would surely lead to.

If these women cheated on their husbands, it would be more likely to be with a well off person who also had a lot to lose. A low income bum has nothing to lose by telling everyone and screwing up the woman's life.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
The operative word is "some" -certainly not most. FYI: Usually the women who prefer "low income swag," are low income as well...
Agreed. Unless she's an old, ugly woman with no social outlet, a well to do woman isn't cruising poor neighborhoods or the street for trash.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:40 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,132,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Use your head- the video was never going to show 30-30-30 white-black-hispanic because the racial makeup of NYC itself is not like that at all.
As of the last census, NYC was 33% white, 28% hispanic, 23% black, and 13% asian. Close enough.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:10 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,350,465 times
Quote:
Actually it's not rare for black men to behave in a brazen manner when they are interested in a woman. I've always disliked walking through areas with a large African American male population, because I knew that I would be subjected to harassment and they always proved me right!
Nice generalization, please get over yourself...

Old 11-02-2014, 11:19 PM

79 posts, read 140,191 times
The Is stupid! It's a city many strangers are going to ask you, call you and so on! Can someone on here explain to me what's so offensive about saying "smile more" "good moring" "God bless you" "you're beautiful"? Do have any idea how many women out there who would even die just to get notice by guys?

This is going to be another "kony 2012"!!

Old 11-03-2014, 05:30 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,368,381 times
Quote:
So white men don't have the right to defend their women, against mistreatment from other races of men?
Everyone is entitled to defend their woman, but it's so obvious what demographic they were targeting in the video. The director admitting to editing out white men proved that.

Isn't it blatantly obvious?

Let's ignore facts that white men make up the majority of convicted rapists and sex offenders in America...
Let's ignore facts that they are usually more likely to get away with it due to their own connections...
Let's ignore facts that women of color...especially black women, are more likely to be the victims of rape and rapists and are more likely to be abducted or go missing than any other group of women...
Ofcourse...ihollaback will never address these issues at all. Ihollaback is for the protection of white men and white women only.

Street harassment is an issue that all races of men are guilty of...and all races of women fall victim to. But then again, that would actually support a fair and balanced discussion towards the issue at hand.

Old 11-03-2014, 07:24 AM

706 posts, read 1,042,541 times
We have to remember that there is no dominant culture and race in the USA. Let's also remember that NYC is a melting pot. We have various races, cultures, religions, traditions, upbringings, etc. We also have illegal immigrants who do not assimilate to the USA culture. You can't expect every human to act the same. You have to realize that in their culture/upbringing that type of behavior was acceptable.

Metro Toyko has a population of 13 million but its population make=up is 90 to 95% Japanese, 5 to 10% something else, (Chinese, Korean, Australian, American, etc). The Japanese culture still exist and it's still dominant in Japan. Does this type of catcalling exist in Japan?? NO! Fact is, Japanese are generally (not all) conservative and shy.

Some of the comments that were made were just conversation starters: Good Morning, You look beautiful, etc. Conversation starters are feelers to see if the lady is open/interested in the male. You do remember that society expects the MAN to seek/approach/make the 1st move with the female. If man do not flirt/initiate the conversation then how exactly will the mating process work?

Old 11-03-2014, 07:50 AM

32,114 posts, read 34,747,185 times
You guys are just feeding the beast by talking about this stupid video. You're giving that girl exactly what she wants: attention. I'm sure her ego has been boosted beyond all belief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City