Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2014, 11:51 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,408,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkfan39126 View Post
Im having trouble understanding your position. Women don't like being cat-called. Whatever the reason, whether or not you think it's valid, Women aren't looking for this kind of attention. So why go out of your way to bother someone who isnt interested in your advances? What exactly is your argument?

I don't know how you met your girlfriend or how your mother meet your father but your attitude on this issue suggests that maybe you met her and he met him by standing on the street corner making slurping noises.

Most of the guys in the video aren't even "cat-calling", so you're not making any sense whatsoever. Nobody's bowing down to this nonsense. You might tho, if you're too weak or afraid to speak to girls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 01:54 PM

863 posts, read 1,129,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkfan39126 View Post
Im having trouble understanding your position. Women don't like being cat-called. Whatever the reason, whether or not you think it's valid, Women aren't looking for this kind of attention. So why go out of your way to bother someone who isnt interested in your advances? What exactly is your argument?

I don't know how you met your girlfriend or how your mother meet your father but your attitude on this issue suggests that maybe you met her and he met him by standing on the street corner making slurping noises.
Let me start by saying that, yes, some of the men in the video were absolute creepers. However, some of the others spoke to her respectfully. I just don't understand how it's cat-calling when a man tells a woman "Hi" and asks how she's doing. For whoever said earlier that "there's underlying sexual tones when they say it", couldn't you say that about ANY man that approaches a woman he finds attractive? When a man approaches, he's usually interested in more than just a platonic relationship. I highly doubt that woman would ignore Chris Hemsworth, Hugh Jackman, Channing Tatum or any other man that many women find attractive had they spoken to her the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
Most of the guys in the video aren't even "cat-calling", so you're not making any sense whatsoever. Nobody's bowing down to this nonsense. You might tho, if you're too weak or afraid to speak to girls.
These days, you're an automatic cat-calling "creep" if you approach a woman who isn't attracted to you (as if you're supposed to know that without approaching her in the first place).

Old 10-31-2014, 02:13 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
Yup, still drinking a tall, cold glass of IDGAF. Ahhhh!

Old 10-31-2014, 02:52 PM

424 posts, read 974,440 times
I've seen this happen in "nicer" neighborhoods such as in Midtown and all over the Flatiron District. Usually by the types of guys who do pull ups on scaffolding...

Now if she walked around a major city in Italy for 10 hours I wonder if she would get a lot of men following beckoning "Bella! Bella!"

Old 11-01-2014, 01:10 AM

3,921 posts, read 9,132,661 times
This is BS. So basically, opening up your mouth and saying anything to a woman is harassment?

The guys said good morning or good evening, and kept it moving. Yeah, a few of them went over the top (Following her for 5 minutes, or insisting that she say thank you for the compliment), but that was the exception, not the rule.

These other videos are BS too. The other woman walked by a construction site, a guy said he thought she looked pretty, she said thank you, kept walking, and he left her alone. How is that harassment? Then in some other video, a young white woman walks by in a super-revealing outfit, and the video zooms in on a big black guy turning his head to look (keep in mind, he didn't say anything, or even move, literally his head just turned to look at her) like he's such a bad guy.

Heck, even in that video with "Jessica's Feminized World" or whatever, she's like "Oh, is that guy looking at my ass"? So what if he is? He didn't even say anything. And let's be real, like girls don't look at guys all the time.

Yeah, being followed or getting crazy sexual comments is obviously bad, but let's not pretend like all guys approaching women are like that.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:22 AM

The libbies need videos like this to "prove" that there is a "War on Women", one of their signature terrorist attacks on the American way of life.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:30 PM

10,224 posts, read 19,220,925 times
Remember, when women dress to show off their figure, it's harassment if anyone they're not interested in notices.

Airborne, you got any more of that IDGAF?

Old 11-01-2014, 02:08 PM

Gallons! Here have a pint:

------------
------------
---------
---------
-------
-------
---------
-----------

The edge got cut off, drink quick.

Old 11-01-2014, 03:02 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,781,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehanson View Post
I've seen this happen in "nicer" neighborhoods such as in Midtown and all over the Flatiron District. Usually by the types of guys who do pull ups on scaffolding...

Now if she walked around a major city in Italy for 10 hours I wonder if she would get a lot of men following beckoning "Bella! Bella!"
Well, I highly doubt some posters on here would call these guys in Italy (like they've called the guys on the video) "street thugs."

Old 11-01-2014, 03:08 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,919,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
This is BS. So basically, opening up your mouth and saying anything to a woman is harassment?

The guys said good morning or good evening, and kept it moving. Yeah, a few of them went over the top (Following her for 5 minutes, or insisting that she say thank you for the compliment), but that was the exception, not the rule.

These other videos are BS too. The other woman walked by a construction site, a guy said he thought she looked pretty, she said thank you, kept walking, and he left her alone. How is that harassment? Then in some other video, a young white woman walks by in a super-revealing outfit, and the video zooms in on a big black guy turning his head to look (keep in mind, he didn't say anything, or even move, literally his head just turned to look at her) like he's such a bad guy.

Heck, even in that video with "Jessica's Feminized World" or whatever, she's like "Oh, is that guy looking at my ass"? So what if he is? He didn't even say anything. And let's be real, like girls don't look at guys all the time.

Yeah, being followed or getting crazy sexual comments is obviously bad, but let's not pretend like all guys approaching women are like that.
Best post in this thread by far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City