Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 09:00 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,337,220 times

Advertisements

All of the men posting in this thread saying "what's so awful about this?". Would you want your mothers and daughters subjected to this lewd behavior? Get real guys. Regardless of what they men are saying, it's the body language and way they are saying it. This is disgusting behavior that this segment of men in our society get away with. Women should not feel violated every time they walk down a freakin' street or feel afraid to go out unaccompanied. It's ridiculous, and the men are all disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 09:01 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,566,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
HOW ABOUT THIS: For all the men on this thread who continue to defend the actions of these perverts; imagine if you were walking down blocks and blocks of gay men, hooting, hollering, saying "Hey cutie", "Hey sweetie", "Hey baby", "DAAAMN!" "smile a little bit sugar!", and commenting on your physical appearance in a sexual manner, I 1000% bet you wouldn't feel comfortable and approve of such actions. You wouldn't dare say "Oh, he's just appreciating my physical beauty", "he's just being nice", "he's just telling me how attractive I am" you wouldn't want some gay guy following and harassing you.

NOW, don't get your ego gassed because you're mostly likely aren't that attractive to begin with but just imagine. And most likely you're homophobic but that's besides the point. You wouldn't take well to having a man, of the same sex and possibly same physical strengths or stronger cat calling you and threatening you, knowing he can possibly out muscle you if he really wanted and get your booty. It happens in jail but again, that's besides the point.

For you guys that continually support this, you just have animosity against women for whatever reason and/or probably like the disgruntled, sexually frustrated men who cat call like the guys in the video. Step up your game if you want some booty, some bed action. Be a real man.

I'm not a feminist and I certainly gawk at a beautiful women when I see one. However, I NEVER make cat calls or make any creepy, uncomfortable advances. If I see the opportunity I'll certainly TALK to the woman not cat call and shower her with insidious perverted compliments.

Why chose gay men catcalling men? Its not analogous.

You didn't chose the actual analogous situation - women catcalling men - because you know very well what the answer would be. Your sophistry is transparent.

Plus the "animosity against women" argument. While that is a well-worn plank in radical feminist studies dept., this is the real world. Laughable flannel.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:06 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,501,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK04 View Post
Yeah.. This is no offense to any female but some women just exude a "easy" approach vibe. Well that's probably better for you maybe, makes your life a little easier... Possibly?

Some women like that possible model you mentioned are just good eye candy. I personally would try to talk to women like that more than the perhaps "easy" approachable females because I just see it as a challenge lol

lol..I can see that. My boyfriend told me the just "assumed" I had a boyfriend before we started talking because of the way I looked...I didn't though! Glad he took the chance and asked.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:10 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,408,600 times
A lot of of us would have never existed if it wasn't for catcalls.

Quote:
HOW ABOUT THIS: Be a real man.
Have you completely lost your mind? How are you going to tell a man how to be a man and you can't even be one?

Go lecture some of your fancy boys.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:34 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,211,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
You're probably right. I remember hearing from some guys I knew that some women just seem more attainable than others, and those are the ones that get more attention....I've always been told I see very standoffish and unapproachable. LOL

I saw a women a few weeks back, walking down Fifth Ave by where I work. She was drop dead gorgeous, must have been a model...I was staring at her, but I walked behind her for about four blocks and no one cat called. Stared maybe, but not catcalled.
I think this is a significant part of what she finds offense about the more modest comments made to her (not that there were not a few truly offensive comments and actions made that any woman would be offended by). She is offended that these street thugs, who she views as beneath her (and most of them probably are), think she is attainable. She is offended that these men don't immediately recognize that she is superior to them. It is similar to a man getting flirted up (or messaged on OLD) by much older women, if it happens once in awhile it is amusing, but if it becomes a regular practice the man becomes offended that these much older women think he is attainable and it adversely effects his self image.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:35 AM

155 posts, read 259,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
lol..I can see that. My boyfriend told me the just "assumed" I had a boyfriend before we started talking because of the way I looked...I didn't though! Glad he took the chance and asked.
Haha well that's interesting.. All about taking chances

Old 10-30-2014, 10:01 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,990,019 times
Quote:
HOW ABOUT THIS: For all the men on this thread who continue to defend the actions of these perverts; imagine if you were walking down blocks and blocks of gay men, hooting, hollering, saying "Hey cutie", "Hey sweetie", "Hey baby", "DAAAMN!" "smile a little bit sugar!", and commenting on your physical appearance in a sexual manner, I 1000% bet you wouldn't feel comfortable and approve of such actions. You wouldn't dare say "Oh, he's just appreciating my physical beauty", "he's just being nice", "he's just telling me how attractive I am" you wouldn't want some gay guy following and harassing you.

NOW, don't get your ego gassed because you're mostly likely aren't that attractive to begin with but just imagine. And most likely you're homophobic but that's besides the point. You wouldn't take well to having a man, of the same sex and possibly same physical strengths or stronger cat calling you and threatening you, knowing he can possibly out muscle you if he really wanted and get your booty. It happens in jail but again, that's besides the point.

For you guys that continually support this, you just have animosity against women for whatever reason and/or probably like the disgruntled, sexually frustrated men who cat call like the guys in the video. Step up your game if you want some booty, some bed action. Be a real man.

I'm not a feminist and I certainly gawk at a beautiful women when I see one. However, I NEVER make cat calls or make any creepy, uncomfortable advances. If I see the opportunity I'll certainly TALK to the woman not cat call and shower her with insidious perverted compliments.
Ya, saying good morning, that's very upsetting. She should have called a cop. Most all of what was said in that short video was not rude or suggestive at all. I don't even believe it was real, especially given she claims to be an "actress". She did this to get attention, and apparently it worked. Funny the one poster saying something like she thought they were beneath her, and then to hear her cursing like a sailor on that other video. Yes, the Queen has quite a mouth on her. Royal blood, like the Osbournes.

And you apparently have some hang ups given the way you are lashing out, rude and full of assumption with regard to others that have commented. Ya sometimes hear older gals, grocery store clerks and such, calling the customer "hun". I suppose you'd write 3 paragraphs on that one too.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:04 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,408,600 times
That chic is not superior to anyone in the street. She is walking on the street just like everybody else. She's just another nobody like the rest of us.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:28 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,044,371 times
Why is this about how attractive she is (or isn't depending on your opinion)? The boys/men who are harrassing her obviously feel that she looks good enough to catcall. Please, like oh you don't even look that good so you should be thrilled that my troglodyte self is trying to talk to you? Yeah right. Heaven forbid they just look with their eyes and keep their opinions to themselves? Men who have some potential as mates NEVER do this only the bottom-feeders hoping that 1 out of the 500 women they nag everyday will give their sorry a** the time of day.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:42 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,404,660 times
How do we know that this was not setup? How are all of you people that are coming to this woman's defense so sure this was not done as a publicity stunt? How are you so sure this was not done to promote this website "hollaback" and to solicit donations from people?

This woman is an actor (or trying to be one) and clearly she wrote on her website her breast size. Now explain to me what self respecting person writes that down? She is just a publicity seeker and this whole thing is just one big scam. I'm not in anyway promoting catcalls but the way this was done to create "awareness" smells fishy to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City