Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 09:18 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,757,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Yeah this has been making the internet rounds. Lol at donating to stop street harassment. Just another attention-seeker. Nice ass though. This is her, in all her annoyance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwMH-OA299A
Ten seconds into that video and I wanted to choke her out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 09:37 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,211,449 times
Random thoughts:
As nauseating as Cat Calling is, it is free speech, and will not be limited by any law. Most of the aggressive and profane cat callers are probably high school dropouts in 'alternative employment situations", immune to any kind of "education" or "training". Thus, as multiple posters have already stated, an organization to fight cat calling is a joke.
The text at the end of the video states that she was exposed to 100+ instances of verbal street harassment. Including comments like "how you doing?" and "nice night" in the video leads me to conclude that the definition of harassment has been stretched a great deal to dramatize the situation. There were some truly offensive behaviors in the video you could have focused on, you didn't need to expand the definition of harassment to make your point.
The text at the end also states that the harassment came from "people of all backgrounds". Seriously? I didn't see any women cat calling. I doubt there were any gay men cat calling. So it boils down to all straight men? Can we distill that down further? Yes, we know we can. The "people of all backgrounds" comment is BS.
If cat calling never worked, men wouldn't do it. Since some men do it, logic tells me it must work sometimes on some women. Perhaps women should be upset at the women that respond favorably to cat calling. But then they get into that whole "people of all backgrounds" can of worms.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:55 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,989,403 times
Look at these awful comments in this short video, "have a nice evening", "good morning", "how are you", "smile", "hi beautiful", "hello, good morning", "God bless you have a good day", "Whats up", "have a nice evening". A few said "damn" as in they thought she was cute. The only one I thought was weird was the guy that kept silently walking along side her.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. So saying, "hello, good morning" has become street harassment? This is somebody wanting attention and hoping to be discovered. Then notice the nice ladylike mouth she has on her in the second video. Too bad her videos will get views, too bad this thread was posted as well.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:06 AM

993 posts, read 1,386,294 times
I guess the only way to figure out if "good morning" and "have a nice evening" are catcalls is to compare for context. You'd have to film those guys for a longer timeframe, to see if they say that to every passer-by or just passerby females in a certain age group.

Of course, then you'd get comments addressed to the camera over why someone's pointing a camera at them when all they're doing is greeeting or blessing everyone. No good can come of this follow-up project!

Old 10-30-2014, 07:32 AM

154 posts, read 260,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSurfer View Post
Oh, please. I bet this chick twerks at the clubs, etc.

Why does this matter?

Old 10-30-2014, 07:34 AM

154 posts, read 260,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
You go around dressed like that in the ghetto neighborhoods and that is what you will get. Ghetto people catcalling you.

Here is a simple solution. Don't wear too revealing clothes in the ghetto. Cover up a bit and keep your guard up. Ignore it the best you can and carry around mace with you. If you can't do that then move to a better neighborhood.
How is what she is wearing revealing?

Are you of the mentality that if a woman is wearing sexy clothing and gets rape she was asking for it?

Old 10-30-2014, 07:37 AM

155 posts, read 259,157 times
She doesn't even look that good SMH.. Didn't know guys were THIS thirsty here but then again.. it's NYC.. why am I surprised lol

Old 10-30-2014, 07:46 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,654,573 times
What is the definition of "cat call"?

"Hi." "How are you doing today?" "Have a nice evening." Are these cat calls?

Old 10-30-2014, 08:25 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,033,667 times
I'm curious as to what her exact route was around town. Ten hours is a HELL of a lot of walking. She's definitely in good shape, as is camera backpack person.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:28 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,501,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK04 View Post
She doesn't even look that good SMH.. Didn't know guys were THIS thirsty here but then again.. it's NYC.. why am I surprised lol
I don't get it either. Shrugs. I see plenty of beautiful women walking around the city that don't get attention like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City