Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 04:32 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times

Advertisements

I don't understand the big hoopla of her video besides guys giving her sexist compliments. All I have to say is that the woman in the video is not that pretty in the face like majority of women in NYC, but then again she does have a curvy body. This woman's stunt is just another way for her to make a buck like all those other idiots who make stunts to make money off of kickstarter or other forms of crowd funding. To many attention seekers doing these crowd funding stuff like the guy who made 55k on how to make potato salad.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...9/potato-salad

Let's see how much money this woman can generate on on how to stop cat calling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 05:18 PM

274 posts, read 298,138 times
Attention-seeker.

She wore snug clothing in the hood, I could have told you what would happen.

Old 10-29-2014, 05:58 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,739 times
She enjoyed every minute of it in reality. It is, what it is...

In reality, preventing catcalling will be difficult. The most horrendous moment she had during the recording was when that one guy followed her for five minutes, side by side and at the same pace.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:51 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,926 times
I'm very appalled by some of the (men) who are defending the cat callers/sexual harassers in this video. Some are saying that she deserves what she gets because of the way she dresses, though I don't think she was dressing provocative at all but I digress. It doesn't matter how she's dressed it doesn't give any guy the right to cat call NO MATTER WHAT. And these "compliments" aren't compliments, they're more like underlying sexual advances. You think the "damns", "hey mamis", "just smile", "whats up mama?", "god bless yous" are a way of them to want to know the women? Of course not, they're just looking for that one thing: SEX. There's a difference between cat calling and approaching a women with decorum. Of course no women wants to be approached by a guy who comes on way too strong and/or aggressive.

As a man, I know how many other men think. My father was a pig and very sexually driven and would always disgustingly cat call women and talk about the sexual things he would do to them as if they were objects and he obviously wanted their attention just to get some bed action.

I was raised by my mother and grew up with women. I can tell you (as a kid) how I would feel unsafe for my mother, sister, girl cousins, aunts who would be harassed by men. At times some would get upset and hostile if ignored. 2 years ago my sister was followed by a guy whom she ignored that was cat calling her. He followed her, took out his penis and started masturbating while proceeding to follow her. Needless to say my friend and I went on a manhunt for this guy and my sister was mortified. Was it her fault that she had leggings? Was it her fault that she is attractive and didn't want to associate herself with perverts? Is it her fault that she has a voluptuous (not to describe her in that way but you get the picture) and full figure? I think NOT and if any of you men think its her fault or any women like my sisters fualt, you don't have no women relatives in your life and if you do, you don't respect them. Or you also have some animosity towards women since you get rejected by them and probably don't get laid often or AT ALL.

Cat calling is not paying a compliment. Following a lady is not paying a compliment. Sexual harassment doesn't need to be verbal. For those of you that defend this action, I hope you have daughters and see how you feel when men start to make advances to your little angel.

I understand some women may dress scantily clad, revealing and it may bring a lot of attention but its no reason to do that. I'm sure many of you go to the beach, pool, lake, go swimming, bathe in the sun and see attractive women all the time; it doesn't give you permission to just rub lotion on them and give them a message because they're showing much more skin. A real man doesn't need to cat call.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:40 PM

769 posts, read 1,015,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
Why is this news worthy?

What does she want: a trophy?

I saw her interview with a newsreporter on TV as I was cruising through channels today.

Her plight is no different from that of hundreds or thousands of women. How is donating to "Hollaback" going to help end harrassment?
It's just more zionist media rhetoric, used to take attention away from issues such as Obola and beheadings. Her name is Soshana Roberts. That should tell you something right off the bat...

Old 10-29-2014, 07:49 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,280,492 times
It's still very much a man's world. Of course any woman attempting to expose this and throw off the shackles will experience a backlash from the predominately patriarchal society. We can't expect patriarchy to go down without a fight.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:11 PM

4 posts, read 4,116 times
Very Beautiful, She is an attention seeker ,agree nice ass and hips also.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:39 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,776,377 times
Lets remember she is a PAID ACTRESS and this video was made by a company who specializes in making VIRAL VIDEOS on various topics.

With that said if this wasnt made for attention seeking purposes and for the attractive ladies who experience this constantly i hope follow up videos of all the good things the attractive ladies (and men) will get out of life because of their looks.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:58 PM

125 posts, read 163,512 times
Patriarchal society! I bathe in female tears.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:06 PM

2,532 posts, read 1,866,746 times
I don't see what's wrong with that. If a guy cat calls you, then he thinks you're attractive. Doesn't every woman want men to find her attractive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City