Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2015, 06:30 AM

28 posts, read 38,064 times

Advertisements

So I haven't paid for the amenity fee yet but still have access to the gym and children's playroom. Did anyone pay for the amenities but not the children's playroom and still have access to the children's room? Not sure why I'm seeing the children's playroom is separate. IMO it should be included....what are they going to do hire baby sitters at that rate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 06:39 AM

110 posts, read 218,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserHPS View Post
So I haven't paid for the amenity fee yet but still have access to the gym and children's playroom. Did anyone pay for the amenities but not the children's playroom and still have access to the children's room? Not sure why I'm seeing the children's playroom is separate. IMO it should be included....what are they going to do hire baby sitters at that rate?

I think it's fair that they charge a separate rate for the children's playroom. Otherwise the total amenity fee would be higher for all of us, and why should those of us with no kids have to subsidize people who do when we won't be using the room? Besides, would you really want people with no kids having access? That seems kinda weird to me. I'm sure they'll shut off access to everyone who hasn't paid soon..I think they just had it open to everyone at first so people could try out all the amenities.

None of the fees seem extravagant - I mean for a whole year?? That sounds pretty cheap to me.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:44 AM

110 posts, read 218,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danseurderrick View Post
Thanks guys!

Anyone receive a floor plan of floors 34-37? I'm curious if there are studios up there, wanna peek at the little legend map.

Also wondering if anyone received a studio on the higher floors in Commons...are they affected by the hoist elevators? Are the elevators still there? I know they'd affect residence 8 (NE corner) but not sure if they were blocking the studios too.
I almost got a studio on the hoist line...I think on 22? Because of the hoist elevators I wouldn't have been able to move in until late November. When I came to look, I wasn't even able to see the unit in early Sept because it was still under construction.

Luckily, I was able to switch to a studio on the 2nd floor a few weeks later, as a cheaper one became available. The one on the high floor was $1997 and I got one for $1561 instead. I was excited about being on a high floor, but at the end of the day, I'm more excited to have an extra $400+ in my pocket each month instead. Plus, being on 2, I can just take the stairs and don't have to wait around for the elevator!

Old 10-18-2015, 08:03 AM

28 posts, read 38,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyDNYC View Post
I think it's fair that they charge a separate rate for the children's playroom. Otherwise the total amenity fee would be higher for all of us, and why should those of us with no kids have to subsidize people who do when we won't be using the room? Besides, would you really want people with no kids having access? That seems kinda weird to me. I'm sure they'll shut off access to everyone who hasn't paid soon..I think they just had it open to everyone at first so people could try out all the amenities.

None of the fees seem extravagant - I mean for a whole year?? That sounds pretty cheap to me.
I agree. I don't have kids but have family visiting and hope to use the playroom this one time. I hope that by activating the amenities I don't de-activate the complimentary access to the playroom next weekend...anyone who has paid and activated amenities but not pay for the kids' room still have access to the kids' room?

Old 10-18-2015, 05:22 PM

357 posts, read 656,810 times
I know we discussed this back in August, but now that its getting chilly, has anyone figured out whether the heating unit effects your electricity bill? Might be too early since its only October.

Last edited by bk_nurse2014; 10-18-2015 at 05:44 PM..

Old 10-18-2015, 05:23 PM

357 posts, read 656,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bball212 View Post
So I went back on his page earlier this week, someone replied back saying that this post is offensive and he replied back like a 5 year old who just is just learning his abc's, saying that it was meant to be, not only is he a racist, but someone who needs to learn how to spell, what an idiot.... then checked yesterday on his IG page hpslic (HPS celebrity artist (@hpslic) instagram profile, hpslic Instagram) and saw that he/she took the photo off.... too bad buddy, I got the proof already.... you can go on the page and see what a horrible job he did remodeling someone's apartment.... i hope he has no ties with related because I would be upset if he was...
The photo may have been removed because it was reported.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:01 PM

69 posts, read 108,159 times
Hey everyone! I got to sign the lease today! I feel so relieved. We will be moving next month.

THANK YOU to everyone in the forum who helped keep me sane during this waiting game. As I find out more information/ move in, I will try to update you all.

Until then, here is a view from 32...
Attached Thumbnails
Hunters Point Housing Lottery (Part II)-view.png  

Old 10-18-2015, 07:32 PM

142 posts, read 198,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aml1026 View Post
Hey everyone! I got to sign the lease today! I feel so relieved. We will be moving next month.

THANK YOU to everyone in the forum who helped keep me sane during this waiting game. As I find out more information/ move in, I will try to update you all.

I would never want to move out of that apartment with that view. Did you sign a two year lease? Congratulations on your amazing place.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:30 PM

69 posts, read 108,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICCAT View Post
I would never want to move out of that apartment with that view. Did you sign a two year lease? Congratulations on your amazing place.
thanks! and yes we signed a two year lease.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:31 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,890,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aml1026 View Post

congrats. you too got a nice unobstructed view. very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery