Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2016, 07:56 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSopp77 View Post
I guess if that is what floats your boat, I only brought this up because for some reason you felt the need to throw in your opinion about someone actually having a relationship. I don't know why you felt the need to do that. Ever see the seen from the wedding singer " I grew up idolizing guys like the Fonz and Vinny Barbarino, You know what happened to the Fonz and Vinny Barbarino? The shows got cancelled because no one wants to see and 50 year old guy hitting on chicks".

Because I like to flip the script on some the ridiculous bickering that goes on on this forum. And to add some humor.

And like I said, as a male, we have a little more fortune in aging when it comes to finding someone when we're older. At 50, I'll be more than happy finding some nice 40s lady who has given up on looking for that "perfect guy" as women tend to do. And she'll receive that hammer.............oh she'll receive it like a champ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 08:06 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,984,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Because I like to flip the script on some the ridiculous bickering that goes on on this forum. And to add some humor.

And like I said, as a male, we have a little more fortune in aging when it comes to finding someone when we're older. At 50, I'll be more than happy finding some nice 40s lady who has given up on looking for that "perfect guy" as women tend to do. And she'll receive that hammer.............oh she'll receive it like a champ.
Older women can easily get young dudes. If she has money there are plenty of young broke dudes that could use a mommy. A sugar mommy. All of the Hollywood actresses that want young men get them. Everything is for sale.

Old 02-06-2016, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Jersey City is a CITY in its own right.

It is not a suburb.
Not according to the census bureau. Their definition stands as an official source. A smaller city close to a suburb of a city is a city.

Old 02-06-2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I'm doing quite well, thank you very much. But, I very much expect climate change and larger, more severe storms and flooding/higher water tables, to strongly influence large coastal city populations in the long run.

Yes, many hipsters are now in their mid to upper 30s and are leaving Brooklyn for small towns along the Hudson and else ware. Many no longer see the value in Brooklyn, with its development of big box stores and non-cool, high end residential buildings. Same with Manhattan.

It is not "hip" to shop at K-Mart and live in a glass box.

It all goes in cycles.
NYC has always been a revolving door and people who can't make it here are replaced by other people. NYC's population has risen, not declined. If ocean levels rose all they would mean is that some stuff gets moved further inland unless you think the entire surface of the world will be covered by education.

Old 02-06-2016, 08:13 PM

205 posts, read 246,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Not according to the census bureau. Their definition stands as an official source. A smaller city close to a suburb of a city is a city.
Jersey City is more of a "city" than 3/4ths of queens. Hudson County is 2nd to Manhattan and San Fran when it comes to dense population. Jersey City is not a suburb at all.

Old 02-06-2016, 08:14 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,359,049 times
Quote:
My only comment to you is to not have a fiancee. Monogamy is not natural. I did it for a solid 8+ years. Faithfully. Being single and swinging the hammer til it swings no more is incredible...

Thanks for the advice but I'm happy. If you think life is all about swinging the hammer then I guess settling down is not for you. As for me, sex is a natural and pleasurable part of life but it ain't even on my top 10 list. Sometimes it feels like more of an annoyance that I have to get out of the way in terms of physically wanting it. lol

Quote:
I have no desire to create another human. If at 45 I want to settle down, and can only find a woman who already has a kid(s), then awesome. I won't have had to do much raising of said kid.
That's sad. Who are you living for then? Only yourself? It's a pretty sad existence.

Quote:

You seem like an awesome dude.

Old 02-06-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
I bother because in order to get what I want/aspire to, I NEED to bother. I have no choice. I'm not ready to give up and be content. Simple as that.

In the end things might not work out but that's OK because at least I know I tried. Many people WANT more but they're only willing to do things that are guaranteed to get them there. Funny thing is, almost nothing is guaranteed.
Good man. It's good that you are doing everything you can to move ahead. The other thing that hampers people is some people expect everything for free. There's too much of a welfare mentality in NYC where people don't understand that money has to be spent and invested in order for you to be able to move up socioeconomically. I'm sure you are spending a lot on your education. People here don't want to get an education, don't want to get involved with politics or activism that may change things either. They are like children wanting others to do everything for them. The problem is kids have to live under the rules of adults/their mSters. These people dependent upon the system surrendered their power to the government and will now be wherever the government decides to dump them. The price they paid for being content with crumbs thrown their way.

Old 02-06-2016, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the advice but I'm happy. If you think life is all about swinging the hammer then I guess settling down is not for you. As for me, sex is a natural and pleasurable part of life but it ain't even on my top 10 list. Sometimes it feels like more of an annoyance that I have to get out of the way in terms of physically wanting it. lol
Damn brother, I am actually quite sorry to hear that. Sounds like the monotony of the same partner has already taken hold lol...

Quote:
That's sad. Who are you living for then? Only yourself? It's a pretty sad existence.
When it comes to children, the absolute most honorable thing that one can do is to adopt one of the countless kids that are currently out there looking for a steady home with a responsible adult(s). If I ever get the itch to raise a kid, and it's certainly possible, I will explore that avenue. As it stands, there is no need to bring more people into this overpopulated world if you are not dying to completely change everything about your life to do so.

Quote:
You seem like an awesome dude.

My mom actually told me that recently!!

Old 02-06-2016, 08:27 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,359,049 times
Quote:
Damn brother, I am actually quite sorry to hear that. Sounds like the monotony of the same partner has already taken hold lol...!!
Or, I'm no longer in my teens nor in college and my life doesn't revolve around sex.

How can you move on with life when you still have the mentality of a teenager?

Old 02-06-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Or, I'm no longer in my teens nor in college and my life doesn't revolve around sex.

How can you move on with life when you still have the mentality of a teenager?

Sex is an incredibly important part of happiness in my opinion. I suppose it simply comes down to you and I having different libidos.

And like I said, I essentially did the whole "marriage" thing. We're still friends and I am fine with her being in a new relationship. After having that experience, having my "me" time whenever I want it......it just rocks. My initial comment to you was done in jest, however I can see that you're quite the serious gentleman. I will respectfully withdraw from further rustling your jimmies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City