Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 08:32 AM

2,280 posts, read 4,514,791 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering if, with the corresponding rapid development of downtown Flushing and the increased value of homes in places near downtown, as well as the coming development of Willet's Point, if you think that Northeast Queens will go up in value over the next few years. I suspect that it will. Our Bayside neighborhood, for example, has had what seems to be a rapid increase in professionals and business owners from (I believe) Flushing and also Chinatown. This is good for the schools and the home values, I would assume. (Schools have always gotten a high rating here anyway.) Does anyone have any thoughts on the projected home values in Northeast Queens and Bayside in particular? Someone was saying to me the other day, "Wait till they develop Willet's Point. This area will become more and more desirable." ? What do you think? Thanks. (P.S. I know that it is expensive here, relative to some areas in Queens. We own here. My question is whether prices are going to go up more quickly due to the reasons cited above. Thanks!)

Last edited by Martha Anne; 05-17-2016 at 09:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 08:40 AM

8,689 posts, read 11,078,805 times
northeast queens was always expensive to very expensive...as in one of the most expensive parts of queens (Whitestone Malba and Douglaston Manor).

Old 05-17-2016, 08:56 AM

379 posts, read 255,195 times
Considering a two-bit apartment in Little Neck can cost more than $350,000, I say Northeastern Queens has always been expensive.

Old 05-17-2016, 08:57 AM

379 posts, read 255,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
I was just wondering if, with the corresponding rapid development of downtown Flushing and the increased value of homes in places near downtown, as well as the coming development of Willet's Point, if you think that Northeast Queens will go up in value over the next few years. I suspect that it will. Our Bayside neighborhood, for example, has had what seems to be a rapid increase in professionals and business owners from (I believe) Flushing and also Chinatown. This is good for the schools and the home values, I would assume. (Schools have always gotten a high rating here anyway.) Does anyone have any thoughts on the projected home values in Northeast Queens and Bayside in particular? Someone was saying to me the other day, "Wait till they develop Willet's Point. This area will become more and more desirable." ? What do you think? Thanks.
I don't know about the public schools though. I heard Cardozo is sliding downhill, particularly because of every bum of a kid from wherever in the boroughs can attend whatever school his family feels like sending him or her to.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:22 AM

2,280 posts, read 4,514,791 times
I know it's expensive: We own here. I am asking if the values are going UP at a faster pace than in the past few years. Due to the increased population in Flushing and the gentrification in Chinatown Manhattan (we have people here now who come from there due to the rising cost of living). I was wondering if those who know this area, maybe live and own here, think it is on the rise especially due to the coming development of Willet's Point and Flushing. I have my own ideas and wanted to hear that of others who may have an informed opinion. Thanks again!

Old 05-17-2016, 10:55 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,943,224 times
I doubt it. Theyre building an airtran, shops, and hotels at Willets Point. Bayside is not transit friendly even though it's relatively close to Flushing/Corona.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:29 AM

8,689 posts, read 11,078,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
. Bayside is not transit friendly even though it's relatively close to Flushing/Corona.
LIRR PW local is packed full of people from Bayside

Old 05-17-2016, 11:38 AM

1,998 posts, read 1,882,126 times
Northeast Queens value will rise and fall with China's economy. If I was you I would pray everyday China economic miracle continues for many decades and one day a Chinese person arrives at your house bringing all cash payment for your property.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:43 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,067,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownHillAmerica View Post
I don't know about the public schools though. I heard Cardozo is sliding downhill, particularly because of every bum of a kid from wherever in the boroughs can attend whatever school his family feels like sending him or her to.
That's not how it works. It's pretty hard to be admitted outside your zone.

Good schools and home values go hand in hand. North Queens is still the home of some of the top schools in the city, which keeps pushing the values higher.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:48 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,943,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
LIRR PW local is packed full of people from Bayside
How will the airtran, a mall and hotels in Corona prop up Bayside more than normal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: