Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is he guilty?
No 47 48.45%
Yes 50 51.55%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 01:41 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanniebaby7 View Post
I don't understand why would a female go jogging alone in a place like that knowing it could be dangerous.
Blame the media for pushing feminism and touting NYC is safest city in the world.

I know in the last few years I've seen females gotten braver and braver these days going out walking alone at all times or driving alone at night. You used to see women in NYC always walk in pairs accompanied, rarely see a woman walking alone through some desolate part of the city and wearing very revealing stuff.

Of course women have every right to wear whatever they want, I have no right to tell them not to. However if you don't want to be a victim, you can follow simple steps to avoid being one.

Biggest mistake I see some women make is being distracted while walking or jogging with their phone and not being aware of their surroundings.

In NYC, in broad daylight a guy can easily come up from the side and pull you over to stairwell and knock you out in one clean hit. Even if there are witnesses, very few would come to your aid.

NYC is not a good place to be alone for a female.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 01:44 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Looks like the boys in blue in Boston and NYC are comparing evidence on a similar case that happened recently.
I'm sure DNA tests can identify the criminal if the person has been arrested and been DNA tested before.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:36 AM

1,369 posts, read 1,253,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Blame the media for pushing feminism and touting NYC is safest city in the world.

I know in the last few years I've seen females gotten braver and braver these days going out walking alone at all times or driving alone at night. You used to see women in NYC always walk in pairs accompanied, rarely see a woman walking alone through some desolate part of the city and wearing very revealing stuff.

Of course women have every right to wear whatever they want, I have no right to tell them not to. However if you don't want to be a victim, you can follow simple steps to avoid being one.

Biggest mistake I see some women make is being distracted while walking or jogging with their phone and not being aware of their surroundings.

In NYC, in broad daylight a guy can easily come up from the side and pull you over to stairwell and knock you out in one clean hit. Even if there are witnesses, very few would come to your aid.

I have to agree with your post 100% I don't believe that New York City is safe. Even if it was a safe place to live a person should still use common sense.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:39 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,572 times
Quote:

Also, the subway (stairs) is a very dangerous place to be, especially if one gets lost.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:42 AM

17 posts, read 11,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
Race (white)
Gender (female)
Age (under 40)
Looks (generally attractive)

Yes that's the media jackpot. Now compare this to the gang rape story in Brownsville which turned out to not be rape and see how the entire neighborhood and blacks as a race were immediately put on trial in the thread on this forum compared to this one and you may get a clue...
The woman who was attacked and burned in Princeton, MA was also young, attractive and jogging in a rural area.

I think it is stupid for women to be jogging alone. In the aftermath in NYC women have said it is tough to find a partner who has the same routine (workout) but NYC despite improvements is still dangerous. Ironically the woman in MA was visiting FROM NYC.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:07 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,943,583 times
Quote:
I'm sure DNA tests can identify the criminal if the person has been arrested and been DNA tested before.
Doubt they have any real leads so far. The family would not have upped their reward from 10k to 100k if they had anything.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:11 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanniebaby7 View Post
It could be possible that she knew and trusted the killer, he could have invited her to go jogging with him. She met up with him and then it happened.
doubt it, her cell & email would have revealed that by now

Old 08-11-2016, 08:21 AM

481 posts, read 427,575 times
Quote:

Women didn't get raped or murdered before feminism and "the media"....

Old 08-11-2016, 08:28 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:

I guess you're right, a woman should not be allowed to go out without a man or she is asking for it. And while we're at it, she definitely needs to be properly dressed, if only we had a role model for this type of common sense thinking....

Old 08-11-2016, 08:30 AM

481 posts, read 427,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Her father was a first responder fireman and the neighbor was a NYPD assistant chief. They build relationships in the field and these two were neighbors so they knew each others families and this was their neighborhood. You help your own kind in these situations.

She put up a hell of a fight. She bit her attacker so hard that her teeth cracked. I think if she hadn't of done that she might still be alive. She wounded them physically and it angered the attacker
I understand your logic - that's how most women think when attacked by someone bigger - but that kind of injury? She knew she was fighting for her life at that point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City