Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 07:13 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,582,886 times

Advertisements

How dare the Federal Govt enforce a LAW against those who are here ILLEGALLY and breaking the LAW!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 07:35 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,049,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
There is a strong correlation between my Queens school district being overcrowded, and it having high inflows of illegal immigrants.
If the govt is actually interested in stopping this it would be pretty easy. Issue annual papers for each child reported as a NYC resident on their tax returns along with the school that they're assigned to. Any child without these papers would not be eligible for school. It may not solve the anchor baby issue, but it would definitely alleviate overcrowding due to both illegals and those that go to schools outside of their zone. Alternative if the local govt refuses to comply instead of the federal govt funding schools through the number of lunch forms received, fund them only via the number of these annual papers they get.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:39 AM

602 posts, read 1,264,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebyz View Post
If the govt is actually interested in stopping this it would be pretty easy. Issue annual papers for each child reported as a NYC resident on their tax returns along with the school that they're assigned to. Any child without these papers would not be eligible for school. It may not solve the anchor baby issue, but it would definitely alleviate overcrowding due to both illegals and those that go to schools outside of their zone. Alternative if the local govt refuses to comply instead of the federal govt funding schools through the number of lunch forms received, fund them only via the number of these annual papers they get.
Are you talking about the school district that sent this letter home the other week?
Chancellor Letter on Immigration - Our Schools - New York City Department of Education
Yeah, don't hold your breath.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:41 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,566,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Look at the tiddays on the restaurant owner!!! Big and full tiddays.

NYC immigrant communities shaken after series of federal raids - NY Daily News

She'll probably get more customers at the restaurant now - you for a start!

Old 02-13-2017, 07:44 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,566,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Only liberals focus on violence because as studies have shown, liberalism is a mental disorder. It's no different than their stance on guns: liberals and their low-class brethren cannot be trusted with firearms, so no one can have them!

Are liberals/Democrats demonstrably mentally ill?

Right - that's exactly what jumps to mind about the guy who lives in a trailer with twenty guns and a barbed wire leash on his underfed Doberman who shoots any one that rings his doorbell and thinks the Feds are out to get him - liberal. That just screams liberal.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:50 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,049,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daaver View Post
Are you talking about the school district that sent this letter home the other week?
Chancellor Letter on Immigration - Our Schools - New York City Department of Education
Yeah, don't hold your breath.
Didn't know about the letter, but those policies are nothing new. And I don't expect the local govt to tackle the illegal alien problem. I mean personally I don't really care, I'd love for my landscaper to continue charging the rates he currently charges and don't want any contractor that I hire to charge exorbitant rants just to pay a so called living wage. People who want a "living wage" should go get some real skills or find a union job. If they start paying living wages I might actually have to climb up the roof myself the next time it needs repairs. For white collar workers illegal immigrants are a benefit net-net. Without them NYC would truly be expensive.

Last edited by bumblebyz; 02-13-2017 at 08:04 AM..

Old 02-13-2017, 07:52 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,093,283 times
If I am going to be deported I want it to be to Paris, London, or Monte Carlo.

Hmmm, federal policing of New York City sounds more than a bit unconstitutional to me.
So off to District Court>>Appeals Court>>Supreme Court we go...AGAIN.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:20 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times
It sounds like ICE has been marginalized the past 8 years under Obama and now they are allowed to do their job. All for deporting criminals, much better than keeping them fed in our jails.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:22 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Nice!! Now get those raid and deportation numbers to at least double Obama's numbers.

I love reading "Trump conned his voters...", "disappointed yet?" and other such nonsense. He's keeping promise after promise and the left is melting down further and further.

Let's keep this ball rolling! Deport them all!
Clearly's he's kept promise after promise and moved much faster than any President I've ever seen. I disagree with him a lot, but I cannot accuse of him not not keeping his promises to his base. I think he's permanently shaken up us politics.

A lot of states with Republican majorities are already expanding school vouchers, and the feds will take this up soon enough. And Trump has his one trillion infrastructure plan. And he seriously has gone after illegal immigrants already. I don't mind him going after illegals, but I am against his executive order that prevented people who already had visas and greencards from entering the country as those people had already been vetted and approved by the government. Happy the courts blocked that.

As Trump is moving this fast, I have no doubt those deportation numbers will at least double Obama's.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:25 AM

602 posts, read 1,264,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
It sounds like ICE has been marginalized the past 8 years under Obama and now they are allowed to do their job. All for deporting criminals, much better than keeping them fed in our jails.
ICE has been doing their jobs just fine without issue under Obama, except apparently most folks didn't care until ICE continued to do the exact same thing under Trump. Here's a raid that netted 58 six months ago in NYC: https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ic...cted-criminals Trump won't hit anywhere near the numbers he pledged continuing the current policies, however, so it will be interesting to see what actual changes he makes in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City