Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 05:29 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,594,808 times

Advertisements

I'm no apologist for all the illegals out there but this seems like wasted effort from a practical standpoint. Sure the violent ones get a 1-way ticket out but I'd rather get to work on the wall and give the ones that are already here a pass. The wall needs to be serious. I'm talking hungry crocodiles and Terminator 2 style laser cannons that vaporize people. Either that or just invade Mexico and make it the 51st state. I'd like to slap that Mexican president with a white glove for running such an incompetent and corrupt country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 07:22 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,984,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
I'm no apologist for all the illegals out there but this seems like wasted effort from a practical standpoint. Sure the violent ones get a 1-way ticket out but I'd rather get to work on the wall and give the ones that are already here a pass. The wall needs to be serious. I'm talking hungry crocodiles and Terminator 2 style laser cannons that vaporize people. Either that or just invade Mexico and make it the 51st state. I'd like to slap that Mexican president with a white glove for running such an incompetent and corrupt country.
More Mexicans leave the US than enter in recent years. Most illegals currently coming in are now from Central America. The illegal population has grown from Africa as well.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:26 PM

5,130 posts, read 4,974,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
I'm pro-illegal immigration.. .
Ha...the BIGGEST liberal just showed up...

Old 02-17-2017, 12:07 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,481,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
I think we should gentrify mexico. Turn it into canada. Through social engineering have the country speak english instead of spanish. This will make it a good buffer state.

At the same, Americans need to stop doing drugs.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:38 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,775,940 times
Hmmm i wonder if they will make it to Bensonhurst, Bay Ridge, Brighton Beach to search for "illegals" Or is it not the proper pigmentation they are looking for to make examples of.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:49 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,481,808 times
I was wondering...do poor blacks stand to gain from the immigration raids?

African-Americans to the Democratic Party:

old article:

How Illegal Immigration Hurts Black America

Old 02-18-2017, 03:38 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
So, in plain language, your against our Laws and only think the ones your agree with should be enforced. So you expect them to adhere to a "Honor" system, and not break any more Laws, after they break the one of Illegal entry to another Country? You are willing to take their word that they will not apply for Social Net Services if in a pinch, because they gave their word? So your OK with the "strongest" of the illegals doing away with the weaker ones, if thats what it takes for them to get here? Quite a System you dreamed up here.
Not true. If the authorities can't catch you, oh well. You do what you got to do to make as clean a living as you can in a place that offers some level of opportunity. If caught, ship 'em back. We can't be having Nazi-Germany type raids into our personal lives unless your on the radar as a violent criminal, which seems to be what Obama and Trump have been doing. Last year's NYC raids under Obama actually netted more illegals than Trump's current one. I don't recall the treads on this here back then extending close to as many pages as this one though. So it was apparently fine with the liberals as long as executed by a Democrat.

Old 02-18-2017, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Of course their US born children attend public school for free, are eligible for WIC, food stamps, medicaid, and a host of other programs. The parents may not be eligible, but the children certainly are.

Illegal immigrants indirectly can go to soup kitchens and eat, and soup kitchens are partially funded by SNAP, the food stamps program. Other social services programs such as free lawyers provided by the city for landlord tenant issues or credit issues are available to anyone in the public.

In short it's highly like that any illegal immigrant family is going to at some point use the welfare state.

I'm not an immigrant, but let's be real.
Come on moron, stop being so black and white, there's also a gray fuzzy area. We can't be messing with kids in school. Sometimes you just got to do what's right. I'm even fine with them using soup kitchens and medical facilities too. But for the rest of the other under-funded programs, they shouldn't be eligible for them. That should go to the ghetto and trailer park peoples.

I'm not an immigrant, but without illegal immigration I wouldn't be here for real. My mom never accepted any welfare. She worked multiple jobs under false identity to do what she had to do. Never got caught, never got arrested. And I couldn't be any more appreciative of her struggles. Else I'd be climbing trees for coconuts right now instead of being here with the luxury of voicing opinion on City Data from my smartphone.

Old 02-18-2017, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Ha...the BIGGEST liberal just showed up...
We all know I'm the biggest conservative on this forum. I'm fine with illegal immigration for labor purposes. And if unemployment and underemployment exists, like now, I agree it is completely natural for borders to tighten up. But illegal immigrants coming here for the primary purpose of collecting welfare that their home countries don't even provide them with, yeah, that's a serious unsustainable issue. Although for the liberal, I can understand why they don't see it this way. They'll eventually buy votes out of it.

Demographics speaking, we will likely have to open up our borders again in say 10-20 years. We just don't have large enough families anymore for the next generation. With the liberal love affair with abortion, their belief of too many kids ruining the environment, and choosing to pay taxes over pregnancy. Then again, maybe we'll develop the technology to make immigrants and population levels a redundant source of labor.

Old 02-18-2017, 08:00 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,089,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
Great maybe I can get a seat on the bus or subway now
or a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City