Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 08:17 AM

6,690 posts, read 6,037,225 times

Advertisements

Anyways, I don't see why some people here are so anti-immigrant. Are you willing to pick your fruits and vegetables for $2 an hour? If you want, "real americans" to go ahead and do that type of work, prepare to pay them unionized wages, and have the cost transferred onto your food bills. Same can be said about other products and services - like someone mentioned here about having to save up for a handy man. Yep, it's coming!

Most people who are anti immigration are really deep rooted racists who do not understand fully how the economy works and who themselves couldn't afford to pay a unionized American to pick their fruits and vegetables.

Heck, as an American, if were delivering food, I'd charge my employer at least $20 an hour for cold weather, physical exertion, overtime and lord knows what else!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 08:23 AM

602 posts, read 1,264,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Anyways, I don't see why some people here are so anti-immigrant. Are you willing to pick your fruits and vegetables for $2 an hour? If you want, "real americans" to go ahead and do that type of work, prepare to pay them unionized wages, and have the cost transferred onto your food bills. Same can be said about other products and services - like someone mentioned here about having to save up for a handy man. Yep, it's coming!

Most people who are anti immigration are really deep rooted racists who do not understand fully how the economy works and who themselves couldn't afford to pay a unionized American to pick their fruits and vegetables.
Huh. I've clearly misinterpreted your username.

Here's a recent NYT article on this topic: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/09/u...d-workers.html

Old 02-14-2017, 08:32 AM

50,322 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:

Heck, as an American, if were delivering food, I'd charge my employer at least $20 an hour for cold weather, physical exertion, overtime and lord knows what else!
Yet another liberal trying to blur the lines between legal and illegal. No illegal is getting 2 bucks an hour. In AZ they are claiming 12-20 and it's usually not by the hour but by volume.

If an illegal business cannot pay a legal wage to a legal worker it should fail. Besides, we already subsidize farmers.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:34 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,229,268 times
Quote:

Why are people like you so ignorant of the facts?

Do you know the difference between illegal and legal?

People are against ILLEGAL immigrants. People are not against LEGAL immigration.

You do realize that you can still have one without the other, right?

Old 02-14-2017, 08:37 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,229,268 times
Most Americans get their info from the mostly liberal and biased news media and have been fed this idea that Trump is against immigration. He is not. He is against illegal immigration.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:45 AM

50,322 posts, read 47,069,940 times
There is already a union so we don't have to "get ready" for anything except fewer illegal drivers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Farm_Workers

Old 02-14-2017, 08:48 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,871,219 times
good. The law will be followed and enforced again.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:52 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,871,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Yet another liberal trying to blur the lines between legal and illegal. No illegal is getting 2 bucks an hour. In AZ they are claiming 12-20 and it's usually not by the hour but by volume.

If an illegal business cannot pay a legal wage to a legal worker it should fail. Besides, we already subsidize farmers.
they are either willfully ignorant, or deliberately deceitful. I haven't figured out which applies best.

ILLEGAL immigration is NOT THE SAME as LEGAL immigration. They are 2 different things. One follows the law. the other does not.

all the citizens of the world do not have an inherent right to come here illegally and mooch off of our good will.

If the lying liberals are too obtuse to realize this there is not point to continue a discussion because it will go nowhere.

there are enough Americans, veterans, kids in poverty etc.. that need our help before we should be spending resources on people who don't respect our legal immigration process and come here ILLEGALLY.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:44 AM

12,791 posts, read 8,298,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
they are either willfully ignorant, or deliberately deceitful. I haven't figured out which applies best.

ILLEGAL immigration is NOT THE SAME as LEGAL immigration. They are 2 different things. One follows the law. the other does not.

all the citizens of the world do not have an inherent right to come here illegally and mooch off of our good will.

If the lying liberals are too obtuse to realize this there is not point to continue a discussion because it will go nowhere.

there are enough Americans, veterans, kids in poverty etc.. that need our help before we should be spending resources on people who don't respect our legal immigration process and come here ILLEGALLY.
WELL SAID!! I'd rep you a 1000% points if I could. We have plenty of Americans here suffering, yet our elected officials don't give a damn because they are too busy pandering to people who are here ILLEGALLY. People don't have a problem with LEGAL immigrants. They abide by the law, enter the country LEGALLY and go about their lives accordingly. Our economy can't continue to support a broken system and that's one reason wages are so stagnant here. Too many illegal immigrants coming here willing to work for dirt cheap undercutting Americans in just about EVERY sector (not just the low paying ones).

Some people have this belief that illegal immigrants ONLY do jobs that Americans don't want and that is simply untrue. You can look at the construction sector as a perfect example. Skilled union workers being undercut by illegals coming in and doing the job not only cheaper, but being paid in cash under the table, meaning less taxes paid by the people doing the hiring, which means more money going out of the economy.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:59 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,574,120 times
Quote:
Thats ridiculous and right out of the Liberal Handbook of "No Clue." You fail to consider the price every American [ays to keep these Illegal Criminals here, so they can be exploited by the people who make money off them while the rest of us pay their bills for education, child care, medical expenses, and much more. If anyone has no comprehension of how the economy works, it is likely you, I think. . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City