Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2019, 01:43 PM

327 posts, read 457,012 times

Advertisements

BTW, I never received confirmation of my geographic preferences from the court.

I scanned the printed form and emailed it to them at the requested email address. I believe the option was either to mail the form or email it.

It didn't get kicked back but they didn't reply either.

Do they ordinarily send some sort of confirmation?

@Olesya, thanks for the update. I also have vacation plans this summer but I'd just try to work out a later start date or take unpaid time off. Definitely I'd want to start the job as soon as possible and not give the impression I can't commit to their deadlines and staffing needs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 04:59 PM

39 posts, read 86,850 times
I did the email too and i got a confirmation email from them. What the best is to send the email to them I ask them which jurisdiction zones they have on you. If you need an email I am happy to list them in here.

Last edited by olesya1; 02-21-2019 at 05:38 PM..

Old 02-21-2019, 05:39 PM

65 posts, read 122,127 times
I am bit confused. So they send a confirmation email to receipt of location preference form? Or are you referring to something else? Cause I never received one and now I am a bit concerned.

Old 02-21-2019, 06:03 PM

I just got an email stating they received my email but nothing else. Also I have updated my preferences and again I just sent an email and and they sent me email stating they received it!

Old 02-21-2019, 08:52 PM

65 posts, read 122,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olesya1 View Post
I just got an email stating they received my email but nothing else. Also I have updated my preferences and again I just sent an email and and they sent me email stating they received it!
Should I reach out to confirm that they received it? I wrote a note for them to let me know if the pic wasn’t clear but I never received a confirmation email.

If I should reach out, what email can I do so?

Old 02-21-2019, 09:40 PM

Following this discussion re confirmation.

Yes, I amended the geographic preferences again today and sent an email attaching the amended preferences form.
It went through but no confirmation email from them.

What's the best number to call?

Old 02-22-2019, 02:21 AM

I don’t know the number. But this is what I used asm@nycourts.gov and UnifiedCourtSys@nycourts.gov.

Old 02-22-2019, 08:38 AM

@olesya1, thanks for the email addresses. I think it was the UnifiedCourtSys@nycourts.gov address that did the trick. I sent my revised location preference form to them at that email address this morning and I did receive a personalized response shortly thereafter.

Old 02-28-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandMatt View Post
@olesya1, thanks for the email addresses. I think it was the UnifiedCourtSys@nycourts.gov address that did the trick. I sent my revised location preference form to them at that email address this morning and I did receive a personalized response shortly thereafter.
Matt, I wish you to get the canvas letters soon. Looks like you have been waiting for it for a very long time!

Old 03-01-2019, 12:37 AM

@olesya1, waiting is inevitable with civil service tests.

I don't particularly mind waiting if a good opportunity comes up eventually.

I'm looking for what will likely be my final career/employer before retirement, what I can do for the next twenty years or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City