Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 10:48 PM

145 posts, read 55,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Brilliant you New Yonkers, you showed them. NYC doesnt need jobs paying $150-K per year

Hey, GFYS and GTFO of here like Amazon.

You wanna come here, come here on your own dime!!

What a moron, thinking Santa Claus Amazon was here with toys for everyone...LMAO

Old 02-15-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
There are already improvements to infrastructure. The signal upgrade to the 7 train was just completed which will add 2 trains per hour capacity.
So they claim...I'm sure there'll be something wrong with it sooner than later requiring more work and delays and cost overruns!!

Quote:
But you conveniently ignore my point that most of the workers will live within walking distance or come from Manhattan where reverse commute trains are empty and can EASILY ABSORB the extra people

And you conveniently ignore your own corporate propaganda by forgetting the promised wider ecosystem of other workers who will be clogging up the trains -- never mind the roads with all Ubers these techies love to hail!!

Quote:
We can't just shut down NYC to new business because some trains are packed, are you crazy?

LOL I'd love to be there when the revolutionaries waterboard you and say "what we can't just stop hydrating you because you're choking on it!"

Old 02-15-2019, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadChadderson View Post
Texas will gladly take them, and the billions and billions of dollars of economic activity they'll generate.

"If you want to be a cow, someone will always have a yoke for you."

Old 02-15-2019, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
This is the point I also made in my last post. This would undoubtedly be devastating news for Rochester or Poughkeepsie, but it's merely a drop in the bucket for a metro area that is home to more Fortune 500 companies than any other U.S. city by a significant margin. We're pretty much in the same boat as Chicago, Atlanta, Boston, Houston, Dallas, Los Angeles and all the countless other cities that weren't selected. It would be much worse if a company with existing operations in NYC picked up and left. But with this announcement, we're really no worse off than every other city in America with the exception of DC.

All this whoring ourselves out to compete with other whores is ridiculous and all the pimps, whores, and johns need to be shot on the spot now!!!!!!!!

Damned fifty-year race to the bottom (or even longer depending on how you mark off your history) and morons are still aligning themselves with the thieves and blood-suckers....

Old 02-15-2019, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Yeah, it's a crazy thing.

On the land that Amazon was going to build on though, I'm sure developers will put up another 10,000 units of residential.

With these so-called "luxury apartments," in order to afford a 1 bedroom $3200/month apartment, a temporary wall will have to be built by the new tenant, and a roommate has to be brought in.
Most of the folks in "luxury apartments" are struggling to afford them on a 70, 80 or 90k salary in NYC.

NYC could've used another 25,000 well paying gigs. It ain't cool that they kicked them to the curb and brushed them off as if they were offering thousands of minimum wage or $15/hour jobs.

Just shocking, really. Where is NYC's business mindset? That is the foundation of the city and what is was built upon--Business. Unreal.

What business mindset says, yes, I'll PAY YOU for the privilege of taking up MY shelf space???

What business mindset says, yes, I'll PAY YOUR ASKING PRICE for the privilege of using MY shelf space?????

What business mindset says, yes, I BELIEVE YOUR SALES BROCHURE 100%????

Fuc'king UNREAL indeed!!!

Old 02-15-2019, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastafellow View Post
The taxpayers won this time. Handing out obscene corporate welfare to the richest man was ludicrous. Pricing people out of their neighborhood would have been wrongheaded.

People who support such obvious theft should be shot!!!!!

Old 02-15-2019, 11:16 PM

Quote:
It's really not complicated, the $3B in subsides were due if Amazon hit all its projections.

Do you know what those projections were?.... $27.5 billion in state and city revenue over 25 years
https://ny.curbed.com/2018/11/16/180...city-explained

That's right, a 9:1 ratio. For every dollar the State & City provided, they would get back 9 times as much.

I mean I know some people think math is hard but this is as simple as it gets

How do you know those figures are correct?

Why do almost all economists advise against corporate giveaways??

Why was Mike Bloomberg against this deal???

YOU SHOULD BE SHOT YOU LYING SCUM!!!!

Old 02-15-2019, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Three billion is a fart in a hurricane to Amazon. They are one of the largest companies in the world. They would contribute more in associated business...restaurants, hotels, air travel, suppliers, buildings and reputation which brought other businesses... than any small amount the municipalities would have paid out.

Bullsh'it. That's what Amazon says. Almost all economists advise against corporate giveaways, and even Mike Bloomberg was against this.

Quote:
Really dumb move by the politicians. Good on Amazon for telling them to take a hike. NYC is a VERY difficult place in which to do business. They can go elsewhere, save a LOT of money, and be a LOT Happier. The people were right: we want Amazon. The politicians blew it on this one. Now they are blaming it on a "Union" issue. Dumb.

What's dumb is you and yours going to bat for Amazon when they don't need and therefore don't care about you.

What's dumb is you and yours buying Amazon's own sales copy wholesale!

What's dumb is you and yours trading the well-being of working-class people for the further comfort of the already fantastically comfortable!!

Quote:
Omg, just saw this:
Jeff Bezos Chooses Soon-to-BeBankrupt Mar-a-Lago as New Amazon Headquarters

The Amazon C.E.O.said that the company will start working around the clock to remove theproperty’s hideous décor, which he fears could prove distracting to warehouse employees.

That suits him perfectly!!

Despite being 99% against Trump, I wouldn't hurt Trump but I would gladly beat the scumbag Bozo Bezos to death myself!!!!!

Old 02-15-2019, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Hilarious!

The fuc'kers deserve each other. Though I hope Trump orders slow strangulation on the Bozo Bezos!!

Old 02-15-2019, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Does it matter? The subsidies were predicated on hitting the numbers. No jobs, no subsidies.

If they hit the numbers they got the assistance. This was a FANTASTIC DEAL for new york taxpayers.

Pure lunacy

Pure lunacy is trading guaranteed massive massive housing and transit disruption for possible pie-in-the-sky numbers!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City