Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2019, 08:46 PM

145 posts, read 55,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
White supremacy is also on the left. Don't forget that now.

Better white supremacy than black or brown supremacy for sure! (Not sure about yellow!)

No black or brown country anywhere in the world amounts to anything...and please don't go on about Ancient Egypt or Pre-Columbian Meso-America; the former was not black and the latter didn't contribute much to the world!

Old 02-15-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Thank goodness now my rent won't be going up exorbitantly.

Exactly!

My fuc'ing landlady tried to increase my rent out of nowhere by ten percent!! She didn't say it was due to Amazon of course but funny how it just came out of nowhere, just like that, after we'd agreed on the rent not too long ago (and I'm a quieter tenant than she is! And cleaner too since I don't have a dog like her)....

Of course I refused her. This may have convinced her to jsut accept my usual payment recently!

Old 02-15-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
But are you surprised? It's the same privileged left leaning people who rail against genetically modified foods which have the potential to alleviate the famine of millions of the worlds poor and that spread misinformation about vaccines blabbering about pseudo-science

They're railing against it for themselves, not for "the world's poor."

While I don't mind GMO myself, I like that there's a sizeable-enough anti- crowd around to keep the corporate bastards honest!

But GFYS with trying to link up disparate concerns. Like go comfort jussie smollet with his black gay meet gone wrong or something....

Old 02-15-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Again....ZERO - NONE of those 25k jobs were going to his consistency nor the support jobs - In fact this would put pressure to basically get rid of the low income housing near Queensbridge....

Why are people fooled into thinking this would be a boon for poor low income people in NY????

Because affirmative action has breed a sub-species of idiots even dumber than the original seed!!!

It's unbelievable how many of these race-card morons buy the Amazon sales copy wholesale!!!!!

Old 02-15-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
You know what they say. Get woke, go broke. Learn to code Queens bridge? Not a chance thanks to your NPC neighbors.

The hell are you talking about now??? I love how you try to co-opt white nationalist terms but the truth is you're pretty barmy.

Learn to code??? These QB knuckle-draggers don't even know how to google "free training nyc" and are waiting on someone to just magically show up with yet another program for them....

Old 02-15-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Had Amazon chosen somewhere a bit further out in Brooklyn/BK/Qns they would've had better chance not getting complaints. LIC here is already a hipster spot and lots of developers already over bought the area looking for a big company to move in to drive up the area even higher price than current.

Amazon coming into LIC would push gentrification beyond what has happened in Brooklyn the past decade.

Amazon wanted the location precisely because it's hip and would attract top talent in the global labor market from which it recruits...no one moves to NYC to live in South Brooklyn!!

And if you think eastern Queens is gonna put up with an Amazon HQ2...you don't know what protest means!! Lotsa Jews out there!!!

Old 02-15-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
I think somebody inside pushed for LIC, it's not the best place to put a big job center. For decades LIC has been waiting for another big company other than Citibank to no avail because strategically it is not the best commute for people around other than people who live in towns nearby.

L.I.C. is the only place that makes sense given the stated ambitions. It's centrally located and it has lots of land available -- plus lots of new upscale housing.

Quote:
If you were living in Brooklyn, the commute is pretty rough because there's not a single fast subway line that goes from Brooklyn to LIC.

The parts of Brooklyn the likely would-be AMZ HQ2 techie would live in wouldn't be so bad, served by the G or, even, F.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber11 View Post
the most ridiculous comment i heard was something along the lines of i'd prefer a pig farm.
jobs, jobs, jobs, jobs in your own backyard.

stick a fork in NYC we're done.

No, the most ridiculous comment is all the Amazon sales brochure talking points that cretins have swallowed whole against the wisdom of economists and even Mike Bloomberg himself!

Old 02-15-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
The whole point is to offload traffic from Manhattan by creating jobs in outer boroughs, so a lot more people can reverse-commute or to not have to enter Manhattan. Right now we have a situation where trains are packed going one way and completely empty going the other way. Its simply inefficient use of infrastructure from transportation standpoint. Also, creating jobs in outer boroughs would decrease commute times.

Wrong again!

No the whole point is that it's centrally located from Manhattan, the airport, and hipster Brooklyn -- with lots of commercial land but new upscale housing as well.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Cool story, bro.

Google is spending $1 billion on its expansion in NYC. No incentives. No fanfare. No competition pitting cities against each other.

https://abc7ny.com/technology/google...n-nyc/4914968/

And it's been said that Amazon's expanding its NYC workforce anyway, though not to the same degree.

As Mike Bloomberg once noted of the rich during his initial mayoral foray, don't worry about the tax environment, they'll stay here, just 'cause it's NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City