Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 05:42 PM

6,689 posts, read 6,035,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Biden is too right wing for me. the clue? "I will work with Republicans to get things done."

That is the same mistake Obama made that caused him to **** away the two years of his Democratic House and Senate, getting nothing done but the God-awful excuse for universal health care put into the pockets of the insurance companies. And then NOTHING with the Republican controlled Congress for the next 6 years. NOTHING.
Biden want to do the same so he should go back to Delaware and try to become mayor of Wilmington, if they will have him.

Any Democrat who said he will work with Republicans is a fool, to be immediately dismissed.
The last I heard, this is the United States of America - key word, “United”. Both parties are supposed to work together otherwise nothing gets done. Why are Democrats being so divisive as of late? It’s like that little kid who throws himself on the supermarket’s floor because he can’t get exactly what he wants. Finally, Republicans can have a bit of a word here and there and Democrats are extremely angry about it.

How ridiculous that the many who protest have posh jobs at universities, or influential jobs such as actors and news anchors, and are also multi billionaires like Bloomberg and Jeff Bezos. Not that there is anything wrong with making money, but quit telling people they can’t make it big because they are of X demographic or background and use that crap to maintain political power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2020, 06:25 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluttereagle View Post
Choice quote: “We’re here to mark the death of Joe Biden’s campaign. This is what happens when you stand up for policies that are regressive. We coined Wall Street Pete and now we’re doing the same to Joe”. Though former Morgan Stanley CEO John Mack showed up in support.
You can always count on the bias of Murdoch's NY Post to trash a Democrat.

Also, in the interests of stopping incorrect or misleading language, its laughable to call Biden "right-wing."

Old 02-14-2020, 07:20 PM

874 posts, read 454,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluttereagle View Post
Choice quote: “We’re here to mark the death of Joe Biden’s campaign. This is what
happens when you stand up for policies that are regressive. We coined Wall Street
Pete and now we’re doing the same to Joe”. Though former Morgan Stanley CEO
John Mack showed up in support.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/13/protes...an-fundraiser/
I'm not a fan of Joe Biden. i know he must feel a lot of pain due to his son passing away...........

I find him a bit stiff around the edges. I don't feel he's..... strong enough for the job.

I'm SO SICK of hearing "candidates" (all of them) - as they campaign, put downs,
and Trump this, Trump that. Shut up already. Can't "you people" focus in
on the issues. FOR ONCE, i wish they would take a higher ground
and speak ONLY about: what are you going to do about this, that & THE OTHER
THING for our country.
when are you going to pull our troops out of afghanistan.
when are you going to stop giving zillions of $$ to ..."these countries" for military aid
(when they don't deserve jack-shiat)? some countries....ok to help. it is the world
we live in. what are you going to do for the homeless vets and fixing the pot holes
all over this country instead of fixing yemen's potholes only to have icehole come
along and blow it up after we've spent 19 million $$$. when are you going to build
a more fortified wall BY mexico to keep out the 3rd world uninvited "migrants"
moochers who clog up our welfare system (which is IN place for AMERICANS
NOT foreigners)

it would be a breath of fresh air.....

Old 02-14-2020, 09:59 PM

565 posts, read 362,091 times
Today's NYC left wingers are so far removed from reality, Bill Clinton circa 1992 would have been chased out of the party by today's "standards."

Imagine...being tough on crime, lowering taxes, balancing a budget, fighting terrorism (aka Somalia), and, godforbid, saying we need a structure on the southern border to keep out illegals!!!

All things both the right and left could agree upon in the early 90s before the left became woke.

The divide in this country will continue to grow as the white population gets smaller and smaller. The further we move away from our European founders and cultural values, the bigger the divide.

At 47 years old, I'm happy to have lived long enough to remember when the country was united enough on basic issues. This country's best years are well behind it. I fully expect some type of civil war, likely with rogue militias, to happen within the next 25 years as I approach the last days of my life. We'll eventually come full circle as a country with red and blue states attacking each other.

This is why all of the younger children in my family and extended family (nephews/nieces) all have their Irish passports and citizenship. We fully expect that they will some day have to immigrate back to save haven in Ireland where they will be able to live with their 2nd/3rd/4th cousins and relatives.

Old 02-15-2020, 09:07 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,759,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Many NYC liberals live in a bubble and think that Mike Bloomberg (for instance) is an ultra conservative
No. We don't think he is an ultra conservative. We think he is a billionaire who's interests lie with wealthy, thinks he can buy an election, and in the case of his third term, did buy it.

Old 02-15-2020, 09:33 AM

6,150 posts, read 4,519,654 times
I moved out of NY to Biden's home state of Delaware. Knowing what I know now and seeing what I see here, I wouldn't vote for Biden if he was running against a nest of vipers. We have low, low taxes here (for now), but a mega homeless problem, major drugs issues, a number of sex offenders per capita that's off the charts, and a LOT, oh a whole lot, of very bad political decisions that are going to cost big big time in the coming decades. Minimum wage here is $8.75, you can wait 4 months for a doctor's appointment because there's a shortage of them - I could go on, but you get the picture.

Old 02-15-2020, 09:48 AM

946 posts, read 567,371 times
Good God. Liberalism really is a mental disease.

Old 02-15-2020, 01:53 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxVzlpZH9XY&t=247s

Old 02-15-2020, 02:24 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,518,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post
On what page of the DSM can it be found?

Old 02-15-2020, 02:25 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,518,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Yes , let's listen to a guy wearing a beanie indoors. Surely a scholar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City