Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2020, 04:51 PM

34,179 posts, read 47,465,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Good question! He knows that restaurants and bars are not responsible for the spread of COVID - the data is is all there! The virus is spreading in people’s private homes, but since he can’t control what people do in their private lives, he decides to close restaurants! That way, he lets people think that he’s doing “something positive” to control the spread of the virus. So when he attempts to run for office again, or even the presidency, he’ll still get votes, while he risks a small percentage of them - restaurant owners.
Hmm...so you think he's doing this because he has higher political aspirations? Hmm...interesting. Think that's the first theory like that I've heard.

I gave Reps.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2020, 05:06 PM

8,943 posts, read 4,799,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
You guys really believe this is on purpose?
Maybe not on purpose but it's a head scratcher though. For such a "numbers guy", it doesn't make sense. Unless I'm missing something, indoor dining isn't such a super spreader event (only 1.4%). He even admitted that much & then he deals this blow. Meanwhile, indoor dining can still go on outside the city although the rise in hospital rates are higher there than over here. And then he went on to say closing indoor dining wouldn't do too much harm because outdoor dining is still available. Please. I've stopped outdoor dining way back in late Oct. And when I pass by restaurants, no one is outdoor dining! You've got to be kidding me.

Old 12-11-2020, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Maybe not on purpose but it's a head scratcher though. For such a "numbers guy", it doesn't make sense. Unless I'm missing something, indoor dining isn't such a super spreader event (only 1.4%). He even admitted that much & then he deals this blow. Meanwhile, indoor dining can still go on outside the city although the rise in hospital rates are higher there than over here. And then he went on to say closing indoor dining wouldn't do too much harm because outdoor dining is still available. Please. I've stopped outdoor dining way back in late Oct. And when I pass by restaurants, no one is outdoor dining! You've got to be kidding me.
***READ THIS IN THE GOVERNOR'S VOICE***

Well...

You're asking, why, indoor dining is CANCELLED?

What are you doing inside?

You're eating...

You're chewing...

Particles of food...

Your mouth is open...

Covid is spread by moisture! You cannot wear a mask, and eat at the same time! It's impossible!

Old 12-11-2020, 05:17 PM

5,759 posts, read 2,662,828 times
Quote:
You guys really believe this is on purpose? Can I hear some theories as to what the end goal is?
He hates NYC! He's been making NYC "pay" since the beginning of this. How come people a few miles out of NYC had less "rules" to follow.

Old 12-11-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
He hates NYC! He's been making NYC "pay" since the beginning of this. How come people a few miles out of NYC had less "rules" to follow.
He's from Queens and hates NYC?

Make it make sense.

Old 12-11-2020, 05:21 PM

Quote:
***READ THIS IN THE GOVERNOR'S VOICE***

Well...

You're asking, why, indoor dining is CANCELLED?

What are you doing inside?

You're eating...

You're chewing...

Particles of food...

Your mouth is open...

Covid is spread by moisture! You cannot wear a mask, and eat at the same time! It's impossible!
But it's only 1.4%. And if he's so concerned about hospital rates why ban indoor dining only in NYC and not the whole state & in places where hospital rates are higher there than they are over here. I'm assuming everyone eats the same way everywhere so why the ban only in NYC where the hospital rates are lower?

Btw, I did read all that in the governor's voice and it gave me the heebee jeebees because it was like Cuomo just materialized right there in front of me. Yeesh.

Old 12-11-2020, 05:27 PM

5,759 posts, read 2,662,828 times
Quote:
He's from Queens and hates NYC?

Make it make sense.
What does being from Queens have to do with anything?

Look at the way he's treated NYC versus Westchester or Long Island in the last 9 months.
Just because your from someone doesn't mean you like it. Heck some people despise where they are from.
He's still very much that little boy that got picked on. You can see it in his anger and actions.

Old 12-11-2020, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
He's still very much that little boy that got picked on. You can see it in his anger and actions.
Or he was the picker and never grew out of it. "...the past is never far behind..."

Old 12-11-2020, 05:36 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,779,274 times
So let me get this straight, you can fly cheek to cheek on an airplane for hours at a time but you can’t dine for an hour feet apart in a restaurant

Old 12-11-2020, 05:55 PM

9,252 posts, read 24,122,601 times
The real question is why are restaurants being closed in NYC but being allowed to stay open in countless mid Hudson, upstate and Buffalo area counties where the covid infection rate is way higher than NYC. Manhattan( @2.5%) has one of the lowest infection rates in the whole state! Rest of the boroughs except Staten Island are under 5%.... Madison County is 14.1% and others upstate are well into the double digits as well.

The only part of NYC that has had a real problem lately is Staten Island where the numbers are much higher than they are anywhere else in the city. So why the whole city? Shoulda just closed Staten Island down since that has been the real problem.
Or maybe he is just too chicken to close only S.I. There would be too much pushback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City