Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 07:26 AM

6,680 posts, read 6,022,713 times

Advertisements

Now Bill Gates is saying restaurants should close until 2022. I wonder what he’s smoking!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...owns-2022.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2020, 09:23 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Now Bill Gates is saying restaurants should close until 2022. I wonder what he’s smoking!

What I read was that the pandemic could continue into 2022 and restaurants closed for the next 6 months.

Old 12-14-2020, 09:41 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,235,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
This really needed to happen in March-April, to shut down Cuomo early and hard. Now he's established the precedent that he can shut things down, and the sheep will obediently go along.
in march and april it made a lot more sense bc we knew so much less about this virus, how it spread etc.
at this point this is inexcusable.

Old 12-14-2020, 09:57 AM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post

He needs to shut up. He has enough money to build his own personal restaurants. He can't relate to us common people.

Old 12-14-2020, 10:03 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
He needs to shut up. He has enough money to build his own personal restaurants. He can't relate to us common people.
Bill was brought up upper middle to upper class to begin with. He NEVER could relate. His house is 66,000 square feet.

Under construction

He doesn’t need to build a personal restaurant, he could have a fleet of food trucks show up at this house.

Old 12-14-2020, 01:28 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,362,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Exactly like bi*** please. People dont even understand just how much a billion is like if you cared so much then why dont you give up some of your fortune (not just a million). Otherwise mind your business.

Old 12-14-2020, 01:30 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,362,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Bill was brought up upper middle to upper class to begin with. He NEVER could relate. His house is 66,000 square feet.

Under construction

He doesn’t need to build a personal restaurant, he could have a fleet of food trucks show up at this house.
This is what pisses me off. People act as if they pulled themselves up by their bootstraps. Like do research and understand what privilege is. Not to say there was no hard work but I hate when they try to link them to the masses.

Old 12-14-2020, 07:16 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
This is what pisses me off. People act as if they pulled themselves up by their bootstraps. Like do research and understand what privilege is. Not to say there was no hard work but I hate when they try to link them to the masses.
Yup his father was a well to do lawyer and Bill went to prep school.
Wasn't like he was brought up in a trailer home, his father worked at a factory and he attended public school.
I consider his growing up well off not just upper middle class.

Old 12-14-2020, 07:52 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Bloomberg came from a working class family though. Not going to lie. I find that impressive.

But yeah. People who didn't really suffer all that financially throughout all this (and even increased their wealth during this time---looking at you Bezos and Zuckerberg), it's easy for them to say just close up everything. I've been taking Covid seriously all along but I can't bring myself to say I'm for a shut down knowing it would put people out of work and cut off from any sort of income. I hear from restaurant owners saying they don't want people to die but they need financial support to tide them over and that's not coming any time soon. It's like what do they expect them to do then. They need to provide for their families. I hear their frustration. It's really quite sad. I just want this whole thing over with already. I never thought in my wildest dreams that this would take so long.

In the meantime, I've been stockpiling. I just feel they're going to shut down everything all over again come January. Cuomo/De Blasio pretty much said if hospitalization rates go up to 90%, things are going to be like they were this Spring with everything closed except essential businesses.

Old 12-14-2020, 07:58 PM

1,464 posts, read 755,856 times
Outdoor dining in nyc suspended Wednesday and Thursday. And possibly into Friday now due to a “snow alert”. Just crushing peoples lively hoods. Very sad

https://nypost.com/2020/12/14/nyc-ou...-alert-issued/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City