Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2020, 02:06 AM

6,680 posts, read 6,022,713 times

Advertisements

So here we go saying it’s DeBlasios fault and while that is true in most cases, the people who are most at fault are the parents! Whatever happened to a good ol fashioned belt beating and instilling fear of both parents (who should actually be around to care where their kids are).

The parents of those kids will be the ones complaining that the city is failing because their kids can’t read 4th grade level. Or that some person shot them, or some cop was racist towards them. If they’re not home studying and taking up a skill, and learning self discipline, they’re going to fail. Put some dam curfews on those kids! Learn how to parent or don’t have kids!

If I were mayor, I’d fine the parents of school aged children $250 bucks for every school night a kid is out loitering or hanging out after 6pm. With all of these irresponsible parents, I’m pretty sure the NYC budget can be partly fixed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2020, 03:35 AM

5,803 posts, read 2,930,663 times
And they want more bike lanes.
This ain’t china. Ban all bikes in Manhattan.

Old 12-31-2020, 04:59 AM

1,660 posts, read 1,208,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
Why isn't this a NYC hate crime? All the perps were of Black and Hispanic origin and the victims were white.
Just kids being kids

Who hasn't gone around riding bikes in traffic and smashing BMW's when they was teens?

Old 12-31-2020, 05:26 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
Why isn't this a NYC hate crime? All the perps were of Black and Hispanic origin and the victims were white.
What classifies it as a hate crime exactly? These kids mess with EVERYBODY. They don't care what anyone's background is. They're entitled thugs. They should be charged accordingly for endangering these two peoples' lives. One was already caught. The thug lives in... Queens!

Old 12-31-2020, 07:10 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Response:Opinion

The driver did the right thing by not moving his car.
These youths committed a crime.

It's a good thing these fools did not try to pry the door
opened ...........could have been met by deadly force.

The driver can now file suit against the city of New York.
The City will be held accountable and pay restitution for
not providing safety.

Old 12-31-2020, 08:11 AM

360 posts, read 167,068 times
You can bet these drivers were probably thinking oh no - if I floor the pedal then the media and BLM will INSTANTLY come out and blame them for homicide and racism. Trial by mob. After all the incidents involving drivers going into people blocking the streets. The latest one was the SUV driver going into the ICE-BLM protest in midtown a few weeks ago. I use the term incident deliberately instead of assault b/c there has not been a trial yet to know all the facts. That was distinguishable from this anyway b/c the bikers were not part of a protest and did not have a permit to be doing wheelies in the street.

Old 12-31-2020, 08:24 AM

870 posts, read 413,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
Think again. Remember this case involving “girls”. Age is irrelevant sometimes especially in a group.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/myhoust...ral-video/amp/

These kids would have most likely left you laying in the street and drive off with your car if they’d like.
Everybody is badass when with 10 friends...

Old 12-31-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
So here we go saying it’s DeBlasios fault and while that is true in most cases, the people who are most at fault are the parents! Whatever happened to a good ol fashioned belt beating and instilling fear of both parents (who should actually be around to care where their kids are).

The parents of those kids will be the ones complaining that the city is failing because their kids can’t read 4th grade level. Or that some person shot them, or some cop was racist towards them. If they’re not home studying and taking up a skill, and learning self discipline, they’re going to fail. Put some dam curfews on those kids! Learn how to parent or don’t have kids!

If I were mayor, I’d fine the parents of school aged children $250 bucks for every school night a kid is out loitering or hanging out after 6pm. With all of these irresponsible parents, I’m pretty sure the NYC budget can be partly fixed!
The way it works in NYC (I’ve worked with social services): First of all parents don’t care (and I say parentS in the rare case dad is in the picture, which is not the case most of the time, like it or not, having a father figure is crucial).
Kids know the system, if a parent hit them they will report them. But on the other hand, if a kid acts up, they want to put them in “a program” with a case worker checking on them every week.
I will always remember this old school Dominican father telling me how frustrated he was the way the system is , he said I want to discipline my boy, I am not allowed to or I get in trouble, now he acts up because I can’t discipline him as I wish, and then I’m being reprimanded and they want to put him in a program.... and that was under Bloomberg so I can’t even imagine how it is now.

Old 12-31-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
What classifies it as a hate crime exactly? These kids mess with EVERYBODY. They don't care what anyone's background is. They're entitled thugs. They should be charged accordingly for endangering these two peoples' lives. One was already caught. The thug lives in... Queens!
I believe what he means is, nobody ever raised the suspicion of it being a hate crime, but in an opposite situation, had the driver and his mother been, say, black and the bicycle gang white, the hate crime investigation would’ve been put on the table on the spot and the News would’ve stressed “white bicycle gang” or “black man attacked by white teens” in the headlines, and in this case, the driver being white it would never come to their mind that it could’ve been a racially charged attack... at least that’s how I understand it.

Old 12-31-2020, 08:56 AM

34,006 posts, read 47,240,427 times
If I was mayor I would straight up offer cash incentives for good grades.

Also discounts on property taxes based on your kid's efforts.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City