Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2020, 09:18 AM

644 posts, read 307,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
the people who are most at fault are the parents!If I were mayor, I’d fine the parents of school aged children $250 bucks for every school night a kid is out loitering or hanging out after 6pm. With all of these irresponsible parents, I’m pretty sure the NYC budget can be partly fixed!
How about getting the schools opened first? You ain't seen nothing yet. How many working parents can just quit their job and hang out with their kids for months and months? Only the rich ones. I suspect a lot of people are just leaving their kids home and going to work, and this is going to happen over and over. Because the alternative is the whole family going hungry. Maybe even homeless, once the eviction ban is over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2020, 09:24 AM

870 posts, read 414,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
If I was mayor I would straight up offer cash incentives for good grades.

Also discounts on property taxes based on your kid's efforts.
Instead the general new trend (and not just NYC or the United States, the whole Western World) seems to be getting rid of grades. So instead of being able to excel and stand out let’s all be leveled down.
But you’re right, incentives could work, but is it good in the long run? It’s like buying good parenting, which should be normal.

Old 12-31-2020, 09:24 AM

5,831 posts, read 2,953,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG2020 View Post
How about getting the schools opened first? You ain't seen nothing yet. How many working parents can just quit their job and hang out with their kids for months and months? Only the rich ones. I suspect a lot of people are just leaving their kids home and going to work, and this is going to happen over and over. Because the alternative is the whole family going hungry. Maybe even homeless, once the eviction ban is over.
Better homeless than maybe getting sick for a few our lesbian mayor felt when locking down lives.

Old 12-31-2020, 09:29 AM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Dinero View Post
Instead the general new trend (and not just NYC or the United States, the whole Western World) seems to be getting rid of grades. So instead of being able to excel and stand out let’s all be leveled down.
But you’re right, incentives could work, but is it good in the long run? It’s like buying good parenting, which should be normal.
Money is the only thing people respect nowadays.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-31-2020, 09:34 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Thanks Bill, Cy Vance, City Council.
Doing one hell of a job.

The video and others like it were all reposted by Dr. Daniel J. Winarick, a city resident.
Winarick tweeted, “Driver was driving home after donating to AIDs charity. Driver is my dear friend.”
Judging by his timeline, Winarick is a fairly typical New York progressive in good standing.
The victim bills himself as “NYC_Kid” on Twitter. His sparse timeline consists mostly of Trump Derangement Syndrome material and links to Biden-Harris puff pieces.
Insanity Wrap doesn’t feel at all out on a limb concluding that both men are Bill De Blasio voters, or at least supporters.
Perhaps getting mugged by reality will cause these two gentlemen to reassess their political priorities, but Insanity Wrap isn’t getting our hopes up.

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2020...ckets-n1292379
Right, because everyone knows that Repub. voters never get mugged? Are magically shielded from random violence?

Old 12-31-2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG2020 View Post
It is currently winter recess and at 14 and 15 you do not need parental supervision to attend class, if you can ride a bike on your own in Manhattan I don’t really see what reopening schools while parents are at work have to do with it. It would apply in elementary school, not at that age.

Old 12-31-2020, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Money is the only thing people respect nowadays.
Because money is the only thing we are told to glorify.

Old 12-31-2020, 09:41 AM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Dinero View Post
Because money is the only thing we are told to glorify.
We can only learn what we've been taught

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-31-2020, 10:01 AM

11,350 posts, read 16,717,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
Why isn't this a NYC hate crime? All the perps were of Black and Hispanic origin and the victims were white.
Doesn't fit the liberal narrative.

Old 12-31-2020, 10:11 AM

16,088 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingofconn View Post
You can bet these drivers were probably thinking oh no - if I floor the pedal then the media and BLM will INSTANTLY come out and blame them for homicide and racism. Trial by mob. After all the incidents involving drivers going into people blocking the streets. The latest one was the SUV driver going into the ICE-BLM protest in midtown a few weeks ago. I use the term incident deliberately instead of assault b/c there has not been a trial yet to know all the facts. That was distinguishable from this anyway b/c the bikers were not part of a protest and did not have a permit to be doing wheelies in the street.
Response: Opinion

Not even getting half the air time of a woman accusing a kid of stealing her phone..........Hahahahahahahaha......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City