Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 08:05 PM

7 posts, read 8,522 times

Advertisements

I’ve called and emailed several different agencies and offices today. So called managers gave me answers but after calling a tenant hotline it seems that the manager was wrong.

Don’t want to give too much detail on a post but the laws and overall policies of this city are so out of wack. There are funds and programs which are supposed to help people avoid homelessness but there are clear blind sports with them.

I’m trying not to give up but it’s exasperating. It’s like nobody cares. Innocent people suffer while those who do wrong run around enjoying life.

Gonna try and contact the Legal Aid Society or some other group to consider my options. If anyone else on this forum is experiencing anything similar I hope things get better for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2021, 08:15 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
You're toeing a fine line...

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 08-04-2021, 09:08 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,301,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph1914 View Post
I’ve called and emailed several different agencies and offices today. So called managers gave me answers but after calling a tenant hotline it seems that the manager was wrong.

Don’t want to give too much detail on a post but the laws and overall policies of this city are so out of wack. There are funds and programs which are supposed to help people avoid homelessness but there are clear blind sports with them.

I’m trying not to give up but it’s exasperating. It’s like nobody cares. Innocent people suffer while those who do wrong run around enjoying life.

Gonna try and contact the Legal Aid Society or some other group to consider my options. If anyone else on this forum is experiencing anything similar I hope things get better for you.

Catholic Charities.

HRA : And ask for Special One Shot Deal Assistance info

City Fheps

The price of apartments are insanely cheap right now. Look on zillow under the rant section

There are tons of help wanted adds everywhere. Do 2 jobs if you must

People don't care about anyone's sad story. You have to want it bad enough to seek out your own resources or seek employment and cheaper housing

Good luck.

Old 08-04-2021, 09:59 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,404,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post

People don't care about anyone's sad story. You have to want it bad enough to seek out your own resources or seek employment and cheaper housing

Good luck.
That right there says it all. You need to be hungry, motivated and ambitious to make it here. Failure should not be an option! Get off your butt and go make something of yourself and stop looking for handouts.

Old 08-04-2021, 10:16 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,240,189 times
Shack up with a girl who lives in nycha

Old 08-04-2021, 11:36 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,889,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
That right there says it all. You need to be hungry, motivated and ambitious to make it here. Failure should not be an option! Get off your butt and go make something of yourself and stop looking for handouts.
That's right! OP - Pick yourself by your bootstraps, man/woman up and go to the library, print out 100 copies of your resume and go door to door until you find a job. Stare the manager square in the eye, give a firm handshake and smile with all 32 teeth as wide as you can "I'm ready to work boss!"

Old 08-04-2021, 11:54 PM

15,867 posts, read 14,491,391 times
Your being sarcastic, but I see businesses all over the place looking for workers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
That's right! OP - Pick yourself by your bootstraps, man/woman up and go to the library, print out 100 copies of your resume and go door to door until you find a job. Stare the manager square in the eye, give a firm handshake and smile with all 32 teeth as wide as you can "I'm ready to work boss!"

Old 08-04-2021, 11:58 PM

Quote:
HE doesn't even have to do all that. Walmart is so desperate for employees that they are offering 100% tuition assistance.

Some Mcdonalds are offering sign on bonus. $500 and Also Wendys are offering sign up bonuses. There are literally tons of jobs available right now.

Airlines have had to cancel flights because they have no staffing

There is a reason hungry immigrants come to NYC from war torn, fifth world countries without outdoor toilets and electricity and they don't end up homeless.

Some even end up financially success full within the same generation.

Now is the PERFECT time if you are marginally employed or unemployed to find jobs/better jobs

I went to the library yesterday to print something because it was free. I am gainfully employed.

Nothing wrong with going to the library. Use the resources that your taxes pay for.

Old 08-05-2021, 12:01 AM

Do you have a CDL license? Many trucking companies are offering $8000 to $20K sign up bonus for jobs

There are many jobs out there OP. You can do this.

The worse place to get trapped is dependent on others for your needs. It is no life to live.

Old 08-05-2021, 08:29 AM

1,046 posts, read 469,836 times
Quote:
And be happy with that $7.50 an hour and prepared to work 3 jobs with 3 hours of sleep a night and no medical coverage through all of them while sharing a room in someone else's apartment.

You got this!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City