Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2021, 09:31 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,981,222 times

Advertisements

Having a Walmart within 2 miles is one of the best things about my new house!

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2021, 07:22 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,702,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
This is good to know. I bring my toiletries with me from out of town so I haven’t had to step into a drugstore yet. I’m making good money from NYC so I’m not about to stop the money train however I’d like to minimize the taxes I pay, always try to avoid being a victim of ‘random’ crime and generally try to steer clear of the degeneracy enveloping the streets. Besides my office in the City and my parents place in Queens, I’m so done with doing anything else.
Sounds like a very boring life.

Old 10-23-2021, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
They've always locked up expensive items or highly coveted items (isn't baby formula expensive?). Even places like Bed, Bath & Beyond would lock up those items but you know something's up if they're locking up cheap toothpaste! I don't know who's been stealing them & what they're doing with them. Here I thought it was just random people using it for themselves like the same random people who jump turnstiles en masse. Who's talking about meth heads? And selling on ebay?
The Walgreens by me has deodorant in a locked case so it’s really nothing new.

Old 10-23-2021, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I would never buy toothpaste from a 99 cent store
I usually never buy items to consume or put on my body at the dollar store.

Old 10-23-2021, 08:13 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,493,031 times
On a Saturday around 11 am,I see many immigrants shopping at 99 cents only store for produce and canned goods,the produce is so raw ,you can get sick eating them .
Now there is salmonella found in Mexican onions,so who knows where these fresh produce come from?

Old 10-23-2021, 11:21 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,721,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
On a Saturday around 11 am,I see many immigrants shopping at 99 cents only store for produce and canned goods,the produce is so raw ,you can get sick eating them .
Now there is salmonella found in Mexican onions,so who knows where these fresh produce come from?
Salmonella is not particular to Mexican produce.

Also much (it could be most) of the produce in most supermarkets is Mexican

FDA

https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-m...-recall-notice

In the event that the onions have been consumed, please note that thoroughly cooking the product to 165ºF/74ºC, as instructed on the recipe, will kill the salmonella bacteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City