Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2021, 04:19 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,762,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Latest Shoplifting spree.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/17/man-st...c-target-nypd/

Shoplifter took duffle bags of goods and wielded boxcutter to threaten security at Target in LES. Thanks Deblasio.
Awwwww...nuts! Now, they're targeting... Target! Sigh. It's the last remaining chain store by my mom's place that's not all locked up... yet. smh. Shopping has just gotten alot more harder if they start locking things up now. Amazon and Walmart online, here I come.

This thievery has got to stop. It's getting ridiculous now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2021, 05:13 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,716,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Latest Shoplifting spree.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/17/man-st...c-target-nypd/

Shoplifter took duffle bags of goods and wielded boxcutter to threaten security at Target in LES. Thanks Deblasio.
Describe how this couldn't have happened under Bloomberg or Giuliani

Old 10-17-2021, 07:02 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,252,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
Describe how this couldn't have happened under Bloomberg or Giuliani
Under Giuliani, shoplifters got life with no parole, thats why crime was so low

Petit larceny was a felony back then from what everybody says

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-17-2021, 08:42 PM

1,058 posts, read 542,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Awwwww...nuts! Now, they're targeting... Target! Sigh. It's the last remaining chain store by my mom's place that's not all locked up... yet. smh. Shopping has just gotten alot more harder if they start locking things up now. Amazon and Walmart online, here I come.

This thievery has got to stop. It's getting ridiculous now.
I'm surprised that he even bothered to take out a box cutter and wave it around. All the other thieves are just walking in, loading up and walking out like they can't be bothered to notice a guy in a security uniform.
I don't think he's part of the organized shoplifting crime ring. Box cutters are for amateurs.

Old 10-17-2021, 09:29 PM

19,033 posts, read 13,944,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Petit larceny was a felony back then from what everybody says
Can you quote those posts? I'd like to research this.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-18-2021, 08:15 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,283,172 times
Quote:
I'm still waiting for you to say what items you buy have dropped in price and stayed that way
Organic milk, several types of local organic veggies... Bread. All depends on what you buy, but Whole Foods has great prices on the things I mentioned. All American produce, local organic milk, etc. The quality is great.

But you were saying that it's only a thing because it happened in my area. No they are cleaning out stores all over.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/17/man-st...vLrGjT5oVQn7UM

Quote:
A thief left his mark on a Manhattan Target Sunday morning — swiping two duffel bags-worth of items while flashing a box cutter at security guards, cops said.

The latest instance in the city’s shoplifting surge began at 11 a.m. at the Target on Second Avenue in Kips Bay.

The crook snatched electronics, pharmacy items and food, stuffing the pilfered goods into a pair of duffel bags, an NYPD spokeswoman said.

“He displayed a box cutter to security and then fled,” she added.

There were no immediate injuries.

Police were hunting the man, described as in his 50s.

The big-box heist comes amid a shoplifting spree across the Big Apple that have left shelves bare at stores like CVS, Walgreens and Rite-Aid.

As of Sept. 12, the city has seen 26,385 complaints of retail theft — the most ever recorded going back to 1995, The Post reported earlier this month. It’s a 32 percent spike from last year (20,024) and 38 percent surge from 2014 (19,166).

Old 10-18-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Can you quote those posts? I'd like to research this.
Who said it was posted on here? I made that reference to show that people somehow forget the concept of recidivism

Old 10-18-2021, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Organic milk, several types of local organic veggies... Bread. All depends on what you buy, but Whole Foods has great prices on the things I mentioned. All American produce, local organic milk, etc. The quality is great.

But you were saying that it's only a thing because it happened in my area. No they are cleaning out stores all over.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/17/man-st...vLrGjT5oVQn7UM
So shoplifting is indeed a rising problem in your area then? What's the consensus among your neighbors as to what the cause is?

Old 10-18-2021, 09:11 AM

1,058 posts, read 542,503 times
Quote:
So shoplifting is indeed a rising problem in your area then? What's the consensus among your neighbors as to what the cause is?
Who cares what neighbors might GUESS about the cause. The reports from police and investigators say the cause is mostly organized crime rings that steal and then re-sell items on Amazon and ebay etc.

Old 10-18-2021, 09:15 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,283,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
Who cares what neighbors might GUESS about the cause. The reports from police and investigators say the cause is mostly organized crime rings that steal and then re-sell items on Amazon and ebay etc.
That's exactly what is happening. Huge re-sale market too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City