Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2022, 11:07 AM

2,684 posts, read 2,408,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Well you wife must be in the minority. Because the common cold doesn't overrun hospitals. Covid does. Remember the time when we needed that hospital ship because our hospitals were filled at capacity? Has the common cold ever caused that?
You think you'd need to be in the minority to survive an illness with a 99.3% survival rate? And don't even get started on the farce of that hospital ship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2022, 11:08 AM

168 posts, read 42,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCresident2014 View Post
You think you'd need to be in the minority to survive an illness with a 99.3% survival rate?

This hospital ship? https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/02/n...s-comfort.html From the article: "The 1,000-Bed Comfort Was Supposed to Aid New York. It Has 20 Patients."
This!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-16-2022, 11:26 AM

35,211 posts, read 17,123,279 times
Quote:
So why did Jen Psaki and Savannah Guthrie catch it twice? Keep in mind those two had natural immunity PLUS vaccine immunity and still caught it twice.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cond-time.html

https://www.today.com/health/health/...d-19-rcna27683
Common colds will never stop being caught.

Old 05-16-2022, 11:28 AM

35,211 posts, read 17,123,279 times
Quote:
My friend, you are looking at this like it's so easy. I'm a single guy that lives alone, does my own shopping & cooking and works 50-60 hours per week? If I am sick in bed with Covid, are you going to fill in at my job when I have to call in sick? Will you do my shopping and cooking while I'm quarantined at home for a week? Sure, I have family members I can ask, but why should I risk my family's member's health to come over and drop off food and groceries while I'm sick? It's not their fault I was reckless and caught Covid. So I have no right in inconvenience them and possibly expose them to my virus all because of my stupidity.
My friend, is Covid the only disease or situation that could put you in that position? Could you break a leg skiing? Could you trip on a curb? Be hit by a car?

Old 05-16-2022, 11:58 AM

3,522 posts, read 1,425,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
My friend, is Covid the only disease or situation that could put you in that position? Could you break a leg skiing? Could you trip on a curb? Be hit by a car?
Those are accidents. Not wearing a mask is ASKING for Covid. There's ZERO excuse to catch Covid. Wear a GOOD QUALITY mask, social distance, and do not visit relatives/friends for now and if you must do so, do it in an outdoor setting. THAT'S IT! That's all you have to do and if those three things are done, your chances of catching Covid is extremely extremely low.

Old 05-16-2022, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalNewYorker View Post
You mean the hospital ship that remained empty? That one?

Hospitals were never overrun. That's all a fallacy. They were burdened with chicken-littles running to the hospital just because they thought they may have COVID. Fauci, et al caused mass hysteria. Most fell for it. I didn't.

Dude, there were health care workers crying on the news because they are experiencing something that they have never experienced throughout their career. So are these health care workers in on these fallacies and making this all up???

Old 05-16-2022, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Common colds will never stop being caught.
Let me make myself clear.... I don't want to catch ANYTHING! I don't want the cold, the flu, Covid, pneumonia, or any other infectious disease that is roaming around out there. Pre-2020, I used to think the flu and cold were unavoidable because I tried to sleep well, take vitamin C, wash my hands and stay away from people that are sick. I did everything possible and STILL caught the cold every damn year! I even used to get the flu shot every Fall and still ended up catching the flu from time to time.

Now that I haven't caught a single cold in 2.5 years ever since wearing a mask, I now know that it's possible to live a sick-free life. You may think it feels nice not wearing a mask on your face, but for me, it feels even nicer not getting sick and being in bed with head congestion, runny nose and coughing.

Old 05-16-2022, 12:07 PM

3,749 posts, read 3,484,992 times
Quote:
Dude, there were health care workers crying on the news because they are experiencing something that they have never experienced throughout their career. So are these health care workers in on these fallacies and making this all up???
Many fake or former nurses were lying on social media. Yes.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/cbs-cl...rus-masks/amp/

Old 05-16-2022, 12:09 PM

3,749 posts, read 3,484,992 times
Quote:
Let me make myself clear.... I don't want to catch ANYTHING! I don't want the cold, the flu, Covid, pneumonia, or any other infectious disease that is roaming around out there. Pre-2020, I used to think the flu and cold were unavoidable because I tried to sleep well, take vitamin C, wash my hands and stay away from people that are sick. I did everything possible and STILL caught the cold every damn year! I even used to get the flu shot every Fall and still ended up catching the flu from time to time.

Now that I haven't caught a single cold in 2.5 years ever since wearing a mask, I now know that it's possible to live a sick-free life. You may think it feels nice not wearing a mask on your face, but for me, it feels even nicer not getting sick and being in bed with head congestion, runny nose and coughing.
If you try to avoid everything your body will forget how to fight off common diseases. When you do inevitably get sick again you will be worse off because your immune system was sleeping for years.

But do you.

Old 05-16-2022, 12:28 PM

168 posts, read 42,047 times
Quote:
Those are accidents. Not wearing a mask is ASKING for Covid. There's ZERO excuse to catch Covid. Wear a GOOD QUALITY mask, social distance, and do not visit relatives/friends for now and if you must do so, do it in an outdoor setting. THAT'S IT! That's all you have to do and if those three things are done, your chances of catching Covid is extremely extremely low.
But masks do nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City