Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2022, 08:06 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,797,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Why is a bus load all of a sudden a big deal? For the past two years the US Govt has been bringing them to NY by the plane load to westchester county airport every night
Yes, and they leap ahead of all the U.S. citizens and veterans with bad luck, who are currently struggling with homelessness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2022, 08:11 PM

32,024 posts, read 27,221,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
City Hall has refused to say how much the city is spending on housing migrants in the homeless-system hotels, but a Post analysis found the cost could surpass $300 million.

“We were already facing a crisis of homelessness in New York City when the flow of these migrant families started in earnest,” said Josh Goldfein, a lawyer with the homeless-rights advocacy division at Legal Ai

Although Mayor Eric Adams has appealed to the White House for assistance, including for financial resources, he has yet to receive the extra help he requested.

An official with knowledge of the city’s efforts said the Adams administration reached out to the United States Conference of Mayors for assistance, too.

“If [Adams] can’t find a place for [the migrants] to go, it looks like he can’t manage. Throw it on top of the crime pile, and it looks like he can’t control the city,” longtime political consultant Hank Sheinkopf told The Post on Sunday.

“If Adams has not resolved this by the late fall, he will have a big problem. A failure to resolve this as the weather changes is going to be a real problem for the mayor,” he added.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/28/nyc-ye...only-shelters/

Don't worry, am sure Schumer and Pelosi are busy working on yet another reconciliation budget that will throw buckets of money towards NYC and other liberal, progressive democrat cities suffering from invasion of migrants.

This and or Biden will direct various agencies to find pots of money they can send. He's already giving away nearly a trillion USD in money for student loan bailout, what's ten or a score billion USD more?

Old 08-29-2022, 05:43 AM

6,542 posts, read 3,220,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Don't worry, am sure Schumer and Pelosi are busy working on yet another reconciliation budget that will throw buckets of money towards NYC and other liberal, progressive democrat cities suffering from invasion of migrants.

This and or Biden will direct various agencies to find pots of money they can send. He's already giving away nearly a trillion USD in money for student loan bailout, what's ten or a score billion USD more?
You got THAT right!!

Old 08-29-2022, 09:18 AM

31 posts, read 9,637 times
It is hard to know what is really going on because the invaders only communicate with other invaders and other supporters of their crimes.

Where do the illegal alien food delivery people live at?
Why is their whereabouts so shrouded in mystery?
How do they afford the ebikes that they ride?

Ever notice that their bikes are wrapped in electrical tape?
Their bikes much be stolen.

Why do the invaders have giant smiles on their faces like they are heros or something?
How do they afford their mopeds?
Where do they store their mopeds?
Is a "charity" service providing these people with their wheels?

For me it is just mindboggling that any legal American citizen would be supportive of the invaders are here. They are taking jobs and stealing resources. In my opinion it is unprecedented stupidity to support an invasion of your own house. They are stealing from you all. They are wildly damaging our finanicial futures and there are legal citizens that are supportive of this.

This country needs to have a city that strictly enforces a No Illegal Aliens Allowed rule, with zero tolerance at all for illegal aliens. Then expand the policies into other cities, one by one, building a network of American cities that have zero tolerance for illegal aliens.

Old 08-29-2022, 10:19 AM

6,542 posts, read 3,220,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Robinson View Post
It is hard to know what is really going on because the invaders only communicate with other invaders and other supporters of their crimes.

Why do the invaders have giant smiles on their faces like they are heros or something?

For me it is just mindboggling that any legal American citizen would be supportive of the invaders are here. They are taking jobs and stealing resources. In my opinion it is unprecedented stupidity to support an invasion of your own house. They are stealing from you all. They are wildly damaging our finanicial futures and there are legal citizens that are supportive of this.

This country needs to have a city that strictly enforces a No Illegal Aliens Allowed rule, with zero tolerance at all for illegal aliens. Then expand the policies into other cities, one by one, building a network of American cities that have zero tolerance for illegal aliens.

Old 08-29-2022, 11:40 AM

6,699 posts, read 6,082,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Robinson View Post

I once lived in a building whose building superintendent had the basement partitioned into smaller sections each of which contained a mattress on the floor and a small table. The super charged about 300 dollars a month for each partition. The rooms were rented out to migrants who came with nothing. Conditions in that room reminded me of the lower east side back during the great migration of the 19th century. It was overcrowded, unsanitary and people did not know who occupied the partition next to theirs. I walked into it because I needed something from the super but was instead met with a few of the migrants who greeted me and said that the super was out.

By the way, I don't consider these migrants "invaders" - that's too much of a harsh word. Think about it - if someone is giving you something that will make a better life for you and for your family, wouldn't you take it? If Japan offered to pay your credit card debt, would you accept it? Reminds me of when Hugo Chavez was giving free oil to poor Bronx natives, since he knew they were living below the poverty line - some people accepted and others didn't.

I think the blame lies in the current administration which isn't giving enough importance to border patrol.

Old 08-29-2022, 11:52 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,279,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I once lived in a building whose building superintendent had the basement partitioned into smaller sections each of which contained a mattress on the floor and a small table. The super charged about 300 dollars a month for each partition. The rooms were rented out to migrants who came with nothing. Conditions in that room reminded me of the lower east side back during the great migration of the 19th century. It was overcrowded, unsanitary and people did not know who occupied the partition next to theirs. I walked into it because I needed something from the super but was instead met with a few of the migrants who greeted me and said that the super was out.

By the way, I don't consider these migrants "invaders" - that's too much of a harsh word. Think about it - if someone is giving you something that will make a better life for you and for your family, wouldn't you take it? If Japan offered to pay your credit card debt, would you accept it? Reminds me of when Hugo Chavez was giving free oil to poor Bronx natives, since he knew they were living below the poverty line - some people accepted and others didn't.

I think the blame lies in the current administration which isn't giving enough importance to border patrol.
The migrants themselves carry no blame. In fact, I think all illegal immigrants who've been here for more than 10+ years, should be all legalized immediately. We need immigration. Our birth rate is only 1.8. so we need immigration to bring that to well over 2.0 and this country has plenty of resources to support a much larger population.

However, we need a normal, organized immigration system that isn't run by political scumbags. Half the world wants to live in the US. We'd have no problem attracting immigrants with an organized system.

Old 08-29-2022, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
The migrants themselves carry no blame. In fact, I think all illegal immigrants who've been here for more than 10+ years, should be all legalized immediately. We need immigration. Our birth rate is only 1.8. so we need immigration to bring that to well over 2.0 and this country has plenty of resources to support a much larger population.

However, we need a normal, organized immigration system that isn't run by political scumbags. Half the world wants to live in the US. We'd have no problem attracting immigrants with an organized system.
100% agree. Many politicians are of the mentality that all undocumented migrants will eventually vote for them and since these politicians want to keep their 200K salaries, well why not? They all need to be voted out.

Old 08-29-2022, 02:49 PM

32,024 posts, read 27,221,906 times
Looks like hotels don't want any part of this hot mess.

Old 08-29-2022, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Looks like hotels don't want any part of this hot mess.

Wouldn’t it be a little funny if Adams gave the bus driver $10,000 to have them taken back to Texas? That’s what I’d do if I were PMSing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City