Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2022, 09:07 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,266,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Normal people don’t run for office. Think about it. Would any of you want this job? No. I want to enjoy my life and see the world.
You have to be an ego maniac to want to be in any office.

This explains the shifty behavior of most politicians. Scum
Bags and egomaniacs. Few good apples but mostly trash.
We need people who don't see politics as a career. As soon as these people are elected, they only care about getting re-elected so they're not willing to fight the good fight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2022, 09:33 AM

9,174 posts, read 13,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
It looks like Zeldin has been improving vs. Hochul. These are polls so I take them with a grain of salt however has there been momentum towards Zeldin? I only spend half time in NYC and most of that time is working with out-of-town clients. I know that parts of Northeast Queens will definitely go for Zeldin but that's a drop in the bucket.

I would absolutely vote for Zeldin if I were registered in NYC.
I was shocked recently when someone said that Zeldin, who I knew almost nothing about, grew up out in the Mastic area of Suffolk County. For those who do not know, the Mastic/Mastic Beach/Shirley area is mostly a lower middle class blue collar area. It also gets a fair amount of jokes, sort of Long Island's version of Staten Island or Canarsie back in the old day.

So here is a guy that comes from a middle class background, goes to a public university (SUNY Albany), becomes a lawyer, joins the military, and by the time he is 30 or so, he is wins an election as a New York State Senator.

Kind of impressive and definitely a go getter.

Old 10-22-2022, 09:47 AM

5,851 posts, read 2,970,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
I was shocked recently when someone said that Zeldin, who I knew almost nothing about, grew up out in the Mastic area of Suffolk County. For those who do not know, the Mastic/Mastic Beach/Shirley area is mostly a lower middle class blue collar area. It also gets a fair amount of jokes, sort of Long Island's version of Staten Island or Canarsie back in the old day.

So here is a guy that comes from a middle class background, goes to a public university (SUNY Albany), becomes a lawyer, joins the military, and by the time he is 30 or so, he is wins an election as a New York State Senator.

Kind of impressive and definitely a go getter.
Humble roots like that I’ll take anytime.

Old 10-22-2022, 01:36 PM

3,246 posts, read 1,697,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
We need people who don't see politics as a career. As soon as these people are elected, they only care about getting re-elected so they're not willing to fight the good fight.
If you understand how the game is played in politics, there's no way anybody can go into politics and get anything done. As soon as one is elected you have one year to get anything done before you need to start campaigning for donations. Unless you're Trump, who has money to run for office? If you don't start running for re-election, you'll campaigns running against you and lobby groups trying to run you out.

Old 10-22-2022, 08:06 PM

20,102 posts, read 20,910,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Humble roots like that I’ll take anytime.
The guy makes enough bank to move, yet he stays.
That alone, says a lot. Most of these clowns move into some uppity neighborhood the first chance they get.
And if they were already in an uppity neighborhood they upgrade to an even more uppity neighborhood.
Next thing you know taxpayers are laying out for gates, fences, and security for these fools.

Old 10-23-2022, 01:15 AM

11 posts, read 6,554 times
Bail reform has to go. Therefore, so does Kathy Hochul...period.

Old 10-23-2022, 03:50 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,346,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
Zeldin is an election denier. That alone should disqualify someone from getting a vote from anyone with half a brain.

Nobody loves Hochul, just like nobody loves Biden. But the alternative is way worse.
Here is every top democrat denying the 2016 election results. Every Democrat said the election was illegitimate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XX2Ejqjz6TA

Old 10-23-2022, 06:12 PM

2,332 posts, read 1,036,802 times
Zeldin spent almost his entire life in the Army. First by putting himself through school on ROTC then going to Iraq in 2003. He holds the rank of Lt. Col. and is active on many Congressional committees related to vets.

But of course libs will use his service record as a means to attack him. Many libs see vets as nothing but war criminals.

Old 10-24-2022, 05:52 AM

18,481 posts, read 31,675,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark_Survivalist View Post
Bail reform has to go. Therefore, so does Kathy Hochul...period.

exactly.

sadly, a woman in my neighborhood was robbed and beaten in her store by hood rats, her face disfigured for life.
the scum are out on bail, (sickening) the lawyer for then wants them tried as juveniles cause they are under 18.
disgusting.

this poor woman is disfigured for life and they have the nerve to say they should be charged as minors.

what is our wonderful gouvenor going to do bout this? or is she too worried over abortions?????

what about this poor woman that will see her disfigured face for the rest of her life and these thugs are out on bail.

bail reform has got to go and so does (insert deragutory word here) Bragg, he is a terrible man, and should be ashamed of himself.

at least all the republicans will axe him within the first 3 seconds of office, and he deserves it.

this is the only state where the criminals seem to have so many rights.

I'm sickened by this,

this poor woman a business owner was robbed and beaten and the thugs are out on bail.
something is so GD wrong here.what do the dems think of this?

Old 10-24-2022, 07:03 AM

2,332 posts, read 1,036,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
exactly.

sadly, a woman in my neighborhood was robbed and beaten in her store by hood rats, her face disfigured for life.
the scum are out on bail, (sickening) the lawyer for then wants them tried as juveniles cause they are under 18.
disgusting.

this poor woman is disfigured for life and they have the nerve to say they should be charged as minors.

what is our wonderful gouvenor going to do bout this? or is she too worried over abortions?????

what about this poor woman that will see her disfigured face for the rest of her life and these thugs are out on bail.

bail reform has got to go and so does (insert deragutory word here) Bragg, he is a terrible man, and should be ashamed of himself.

at least all the republicans will axe him within the first 3 seconds of office, and he deserves it.

this is the only state where the criminals seem to have so many rights.

I'm sickened by this,

this poor woman a business owner was robbed and beaten and the thugs are out on bail.
something is so GD wrong here.what do the dems think of this?
Dems think as a business owner she needs to pay more taxes and business license fees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City