Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2008, 07:11 PM

838 posts, read 1,211,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyticalkeys View Post
Ew, don't you have a Facebook? Most of the people I know deleted MySpace as soon as they graduated from high school, so I did too.

LOLS..Actually I have a facebook as well. I really have NO idea to navigate it however. I didn't delete myspace in highschool..b/c well..myspace didn't exist for me in HS lol. I found out about myspace when I was 20 and my sister got me to join..while it was fun..it seemed like drama as well. Now they have tons of privacy settings etc. to keep that at bay. I don't mind facebook, but it seems that the vast majority of people have myspace..and only about 1/2 of everyone I know has a facebook . What gives? LOL

I deleted my myspace when I was 21...and I just created this page..literally..8 weeks ago. I guess I will see how it goes. If only I could get the hang of facebook..but it seems boring in comparison..perhaps it's just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax78 View Post
lol lol yeah facebook is the new myspace. I still have both, but never use myspace. By the way page, you are hot, hot, hot!!
and why are you leaving the boards?
And love bust a move playing on your myspace chica.
thank you.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:28 PM

391 posts, read 1,249,302 times
I just joined facebook cause most of my friends are on there, its more like a grown up version of myspace

Old 09-03-2008, 08:41 PM

How is facebook more grownup than myspace? Everyone keeps saying that...I want to know the difference???? The both seem the same to me...facebook is a little less animated though.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:44 PM

Yea thats kinda what I meant...the facebook layout looks kinda bland...but ive only had it for a week so im still figuring out what all this poke business is about

Old 09-03-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaBoy View Post
Yea thats kinda what I meant...the facebook layout looks kinda bland...but ive only had it for a week so im still figuring out what all this poke business is about
Seriously..it is insane to figure out. There's a lot going on. It doesn't seem as organized as myspace. I'm trying to give it a shot but I can never get the hang of it. I wonder why some people feel it's better than myspace. hmm.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by page3000 View Post
Seriously..it is insane to figure out. There's a lot going on. It doesn't seem as organized as myspace. I'm trying to give it a shot but I can never get the hang of it. I wonder why some people feel it's better than myspace. hmm.
im thinking it might be cause myspace seems too cluttered and the page loading can be annoying...but who knows...im on facebook right now trying to figure out all these applications....people are punching each other and giving each other food...wtf??lol

Old 09-03-2008, 10:13 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,674,322 times
MySpace has traditionally been much "louder" than Facebook but of late Facebook is becoming more and more like MySpace, unfortunately.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:24 PM

I really don't care for either one, but it's the easiest way to keep in touch with my friends in San Diego. It makes it feel "live" when you can see their pictures and talk to them at the same time..and stay "in the loop". I actually enjoyed not having either one for the longest. It seems like a popularity contest..and even I am guilty of being a show-off from time to time. Myspace/blogging is a bad habit for me lol.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:17 AM

1,915 posts, read 7,986,001 times
Actually, it used to be really easy to find people in your classes on Facebook so it was a lot more useful. They took that feature out, but it's still not that hard, and you can see what's going on in your school, and stuff. MySpace is filled with so many drama queens who post bulletins all day, and it became pretty annoying for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City