Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 09:09 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,682,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Tell me about it, I have this weirdo neighbor that is always peeking out their windows at all hours of the night and then there they are typing away at 4:40AM on their computer....

I think I'm going to have to start going through their mail, they might be a terrorist.
Hahahah...
I like this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 04:10 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
I had a neighbor confront me when I went through a night owl period for a few years. I wasn't bothering anyone. We live in a suburban area where houses are very far apart.

My husband started working night shift. I ended up on his schedule because I'd crawl into bed with him during the day. While he was at work, I'd do the normal things a wife does while her husband is at work. I'd run to the store. Clean the house. Do the laundry. Watch TV. Exercise. Cook. Go to a look out and meditate to the beautiful city night skyline. Just imagine anything you do during the day, I was doing it at night, except shopping at the mall.

One day my old neighbor asked me where I go in the middle of the night. I gave her an honest answer---to the store, etc. She told me that I should stop going out at night. That made me laugh. I think she thought I was having an affair! Meanwhile, the reason I was awake at night was because I enjoyed sharing the bed with hubby during the day!

Old 09-08-2012, 05:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I have a neighbor who seems to come and go at all hours of the day, and even late at night I've seen him come home at 1:00AM, then leave again twenty minutes later and then return at 2:00AM. I have no idea what he does for a living -- does anybody have any ideas about what he's doing? I'm afraid to ask him directly (may be a hitman, drug dealer, etc.)...
In Los Angeles?

Paparazzi, actor, hooker, cinematographer, donut shop owner, cop, serial killer, gaffer, late-night hoop shooter, heart surgeon , late-night taco lover, needs to move the car for the street sweeper, stringer for the networks, works for TMZ, coyote moving people between drop houses, friend of Paris Hilton, monitors seismographs at Cal Tech, plays for the Dodgers, city utility worker, guy who likes to pee outside....

Old 09-08-2012, 06:27 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

... guy who likes to pee outside....

Can I have this guy? male pee is a territory marker that keeps out coyotes and foxes. He can walk around my 4 acres peeing on the property line.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:09 PM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Can I have this guy? male pee is a territory marker that keeps out coyotes and foxes. He can walk around my 4 acres peeing on the property line.
OMG, I've had some groundhog issues and also some coyote\fox lurkers and I've actually done this under the cover of darkness and I live smack in the suburbs.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:52 PM

4,587 posts, read 4,213,755 times
OP, I can understand and relate to what you are going through. I work from home 2-3 days a week and my home office is located in the front corner of the house with my desk facing double windows with a window to the side of it as well. A married couple and their grown son live next door and I have known them a long time. The man is retired but wife still works as does the son. Their driveway is like grand central station. All day long I see the man come and go. A lot. I can't help but notice it and yes, I do wonder where he goes all the time. It's baffling. I certainly don't think I'm being nosey just because I have noticed it.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:06 PM

311 posts, read 634,390 times
I thought of this thread today.

I've been listing lots of stuff on Craigslist lately. Different people have been showing up here at different times to buy stuff and hand me cash. I wonder what my neighbors are thinking. Oh wait, no I don't.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:25 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Bound View Post
I thought of this thread today.

I've been listing lots of stuff on Craigslist lately. Different people have been showing up here at different times to buy stuff and hand me cash. I wonder what my neighbors are thinking. Oh wait, no I don't.

I laughed at this. I have no fewer than 20 listings on CL as well as another 30 on Freecycle. We are moving and I'm getting rid of tons of stuff. Daily there is some new person showing up for something and I do not care what my neighbors think. I care only that I will no longer be living next to the trash.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:01 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,419,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I have a neighbor who seems to come and go at all hours of the day, and even late at night I've seen him come home at 1:00AM, then leave again twenty minutes later and then return at 2:00AM. I have no idea what he does for a living -- does anybody have any ideas about what he's doing? I'm afraid to ask him directly (may be a hitman, drug dealer, etc.)...
Why do you care? It's a free country he can come and go all he wants, It's his house! Don't be the nosy neighbor nobody likes.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:38 PM

4,587 posts, read 4,213,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post
Why do you care? It's a free country he can come and go all he wants, It's his house! Don't be the nosy neighbor nobody likes.
There's no reason to be rude. Of course it's a free country and the man can come and go all he wants. The OP just noticed something about his neighbor and decided to post about it on here. Good grief! I don't get why everyone has jumped on him for this. What's the big deal? As I posted earlier, I have a retired neighbor that comes and goes all day long. Since I work from home a lot, I can't help but see this and wonder where the hell he goes. Do I care? No. Does it keep me up at night? Again no. But I do notice it and I do wonder about it when I see it. I don't see anything wrong with that and I certainly don't think that makes me a nosy neighbor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships