Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2021, 12:05 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,194,837 times

Advertisements

I haven't seen anything recentlyfrom Maine Brokerman. He used to post in the cooking threads. I enjoyed his informative posts.

Old 09-14-2021, 12:49 PM

4,191 posts, read 3,408,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I haven't seen anything recentlyfrom Maine Brokerman. He used to post in the cooking threads. I enjoyed his informative posts.
Didn't he comment in the Pork Spareribs thread? Food sub-forum?

Old 09-14-2021, 12:52 PM

928 posts, read 500,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
And then there’s the memorable negative ones, like one who used to call himself TV &Sports Guy and he had a horrible love life but he was picky to the point of ridiculousness (She spilled coffee on my white rug and she felt bad but I could never be with someone so clumsy!) and he’s listed himself under new names periodically, like Phillyguy or something like that. I can always spot him though, no matter what he calls himself because he’s so annoying and complains about all the same stuff.

Another was Anonchick and she knew more about healthcare than any doc (according to her) and she was so vocal and critical of everything that I wondered how she kept an account because so many of her posts were dripping with sarcasm and I began to suspect that CD paid her to keep things stirred up. She’s been gone awhile I think.

I remember birdiebell and London Cowboy with fondness though...even exchanged a few messages with him and he was so sweet.

I probably won’t be around much longer though as my cancer seems determined to get the best of me. When I drop out, that will be the reason why and I’ve really valued all the interesting discussions I’ve had on here with y’all lovely folks.
Stepka, I'm so sorry about your cancer. You've been another valuable member with good advice over the years. I know I'll miss you.

Old 09-14-2021, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
Didn't he comment in the Pork Spareribs thread? Food sub-forum?
Recently?

Old 09-14-2021, 02:43 PM

22,483 posts, read 12,022,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Draper View Post
Stepka, I'm so sorry about your cancer. You've been another valuable member with good advice over the years. I know I'll miss you.
^^^^I second this.

Stepka---I wish you all the best.

Old 09-14-2021, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
And then there’s the memorable negative ones, like one who used to call himself TV &Sports Guy and he had a horrible love life but he was picky to the point of ridiculousness (She spilled coffee on my white rug and she felt bad but I could never be with someone so clumsy!) and he’s listed himself under new names periodically, like Phillyguy or something like that. I can always spot him though, no matter what he calls himself because he’s so annoying and complains about all the same stuff.

Another was Anonchick and she knew more about healthcare than any doc (according to her) and she was so vocal and critical of everything that I wondered how she kept an account because so many of her posts were dripping with sarcasm and I began to suspect that CD paid her to keep things stirred up. She’s been gone awhile I think.

I remember birdiebell and London Cowboy with fondness though...even exchanged a few messages with him and he was so sweet.

I probably won’t be around much longer though as my cancer seems determined to get the best of me. When I drop out, that will be the reason why and I’ve really valued all the interesting discussions I’ve had on here with y’all lovely folks.
Stepka, so sorry to hear your bad health news. Be good to yourself. If you feel like it, post updates in the health forums.

Best wishes.

Old 09-14-2021, 03:11 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,588,519 times
I don't take City-Data forums seriously enough to miss anyone.

I take the forums very lightly and negligibly as a 'world' and as a 'community'.

Seeing how some people take it so seriously....not sure what to say about that.

And disagree with a good number of the mentalities present....

Old 09-14-2021, 03:18 PM

202 posts, read 124,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
I don't take City-Data forums seriously enough to miss anyone.

I take the forums very lightly and negligibly as a 'world' and as a 'community'.

Seeing how some people take it so seriously....not sure what to say about that.

And disagree with a good number of the mentalities present....
Well, discussions on forums come from actual people, so naturally posters enjoy what some of the people have to say and then miss them when they are gone, just like people they talk to offline.

It's obviously not like talking to family or close friends but more like a social group of acquaintances that you meet up with.

Old 09-14-2021, 03:47 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,588,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bj538 View Post

Well, discussions on forums come from actual people, so naturally posters enjoy what some of the people have to say and then miss them when they are gone, just like people they talk to offline.

It's obviously not like talking to family or close friends but more like a social group of acquaintances that you meet up with.
That's what I am saying.....I do not feel what you feel about the forums, as you state it above.

Old 09-14-2021, 04:16 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,020,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bj538 View Post

I can see your point. I always think of posters as real people with real feelings and real opinions and I find it fascinating to read different points of view on matters. I feel like it helps me to understand a wider world out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships