Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2014, 12:32 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Well maybe, if it was 1923 not going into 2015.

So her boyfriend thinks it's disrespectful to talk to another man in his presence? You don't see an issue with that? That is a very obvious sign of abuse.

Something is not right there.
But I thought that once she gets home that is THEIR TIME to spend together which is why it never bothered. I know that we can't talk on the phone like we used to which is why I am never bothered, Seems strange to me to pick up the phone and call a male friend while your man is home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 12:40 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
But I thought that once she gets home that is THEIR TIME to spend together which is why it never bothered. I know that we can't talk on the phone like we used to which is why I am never bothered, Seems strange to me to pick up the phone and call a male friend while your man is home
It's not strange to chat with a female friend when your man is home. Why would it be strange to talk to a male friend, as long as it doesn't happen too often? Catching up on news once/month is reasonable.

Old 12-27-2014, 12:49 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,398,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
If your husband (or wife) has a problem with their spouse calling or talking to someone of the opposite sex, then you married the wrong person.....you married someone who needs to get over their jealousy issues.

Old 12-27-2014, 05:48 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
I do it. I call friends and family members when I am driving. It is a down time for me, so it is a nice time to talk. No one has complained.

Old 12-27-2014, 06:32 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I do it. I call friends and family members when I am driving. It is a down time for me, so it is a nice time to talk. No one has complained.
That's the problem, most people are too polite to complain, but it's extremely annoying. My wife's sister does it 1-2 times a week, and my wife complains - to me. I tell her to just not answer.

First, it's like she doesn't care enough to call unless she's driving because the rest of her time is too important. Second, the abrupt ending: OK, I have arrived, Bye.

Then there's the fading in/out when the bluetooth to cellphone has problems depending on where the car is.

Old 12-27-2014, 06:34 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
That's the problem, most people are too polite to complain, but it's extremely annoying. My wife's sister does it 1-2 times a week, and my wife complains - to me. I tell her to just not answer.

First, it's like she doesn't care enough to call unless she's driving because the rest of her time is too important. Second, the abrupt ending: OK, I have arrived, Bye.

Then there's the fading in/out when the bluetooth to cellphone has problems depending on where the car is.
Yeah the conversation does end instantly once they get to their destintation lol

Old 12-27-2014, 07:39 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
That's the problem, most people are too polite to complain, but it's extremely annoying.
Just because it's extremely annoying to you, that doesn't mean it's extremely annoying to everyone. I'm sure the people I call would be much more annoyed by the call from my living room dropping multiple times.

Old 12-27-2014, 08:39 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I don't have rules for what my friends are doing when they call me.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-27-2014, 09:04 PM

820 posts, read 1,209,345 times
Some people have busy lifestyles, I enjoy calling my friends while driving as do they.

Old 12-28-2014, 01:49 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I do all my calling in the car. I have to because the cellular service in my house is crappy and I'm constantly dropping calls.
It's one reason to still use land-lines at home, but I know those used to using cell phones more don't usually have a land-line nowadays. In a place that has Earthquakes, there should be a land-line available to use when service is restored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships